Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Who in their right mind, supports much if anything at all in New York State.

They flush their own selves down the toilet and then wonder what the hell happened...

over, over and over....etc

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
"... but. but but... we're a sanctuary!"

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bet a crispy $5 that they will find success down south.

A lot of companies move to a friendlier location and it’s a fresh start. Knocks the rust off.

Build quality, sell what customers want, and keep it simple.

I wish them the very best.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
They’ll wish they had moved to AL or TN when Miss Stacy (or somebody worse) is sitting in the Governor’s Mansion.

Hope that don’t happen. Can’t see how it won’t.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by BamBam
Sad, it worked fine there for a lot of years.
Did it?

Over 200 years. I would say so.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I don't have much sympathy for Remington. They had a huge facility with a good work force and lots of room for expansion just west of Huntsville Alabama, and a very gun-friendly local government. My son in law was a tool room machinist there. They cut way back, laid him off, and more or less shut the place down. They did about the same thing at an ammunition plant in Forrest City Arkansas that has been there since the late 1960's when I was at Little Rock AFB. Remington's management sucks like a Dyson vacuum cleaner!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I don't have much sympathy for Remington. They had a huge facility with a good work force and lots of room for expansion just west of Huntsville Alabama, and a very gun-friendly local government. My son in law was a tool room machinist there. They cut way back, laid him off, and more or less shut the place down. They did about the same thing at an ammunition plant in Forrest City Arkansas that has been there since the late 1960's when I was at Little Rock AFB. Remington's management sucks like a Dyson vacuum cleaner!
That was under different ownership

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Add Cardone to those leaving NY.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote]They did about the same thing at an ammunition plant in Forrest City Arkansas that has been there since the late 1960's when I was at Little Rock AFB./quote]

Never heard of that plant. There is/was one at Lonoke, Arkansas. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
NY about shot themselves in the foot.

I feel for the employees, many are generational, who won’t have a job. Guess they’ll give them a chance to relocate. They’ll need some seasoned people to make it work.

Won’t be as much snow to shovel in GA. I’d make the move if in their position.

DF

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Papag
There hasn't been a Remington for several years. New company is Remarms, owned and operated by new folks. From a few products I've seen they are doing it better than Remington of the past decade or so. (Aside from killing off NEF, making scrappy Marlins (go Ruger) and generally letting quality hit the dumpster)
I have hopes for the new guys.

Fondled a new production 700BDL the other day in the gun shop, in all its glossy glory.

It was like I stepped back into 1983.....except for the damn price tag.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
It’s just a matter of time for all companies. Eventually they get controlled by people that do not know or much care about what they do. Lawsuits and bad management took their toll. Even in their heyday they were prone to make some whoppers of mistakes. Hampering the model 600 with chamberings that doomed it was only one. The decision to chamber the good model 16 in a proprietary 22 instead of the 22 LR doomed it.
In their best days Mike Walker and Jim Stekyl took them to new heights.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by milespatton
Never heard of that plant. There is/was one at Lonoke, Arkansas. miles

Mea Culpa- - - -wrong city!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Feral_American
[quote=Papag]

Fondled a new production 700BDL the other day in the gun shop, in all its glossy glory.

I looked at a new BDL and CDL and I agree about the BDL.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
"... but. but but... we're a sanctuary!"

FNYC..........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've worried about rem ever since they were taken over by that big private equty group cerberus. They ran up the debt and paid themselves nicely while they gutted Remington and several other gun companies.

After they'd milked away everything they could take and pointed them solidly towards bankruptcy they bailed. I'm sure they sat around with all their other swampy wall street billionaires and laughed about it while several prominent gun companies were decimated and thousands lost their jobs.

Bb

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by Papag
There hasn't been a Remington for several years. New company is Remarms, owned and operated by new folks. From a few products I've seen they are doing it better than Remington of the past decade or so. (Aside from killing off NEF, making scrappy Marlins (go Ruger) and generally letting quality hit the dumpster)
I have hopes for the new guys.

Didn't know they were producing anything?

And when "production" resumes I heard one model of the 870.

Are you sure it was new production? There has got to be twenty, 700 clones out there starting with the 700 is the type of management that will sink them forever.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know much about the current owners,
but I fear it happens again.

You well know, others might not, that's the process.

A holding company buys, then saddles a sound company with debt.
They keep the cash and dump the debt riddled carcass.

The next one buys it, maybe makes it look like it's improving, leverages it to the max
then dumps it. Savage was well in the way until bought by an individual who wanted it to survive.

And endless list of parasites, sucking the blood of a company (and the lives of employees) until it dies.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Don't know much about the current owners,
but I fear it happens again.

You well know, others might not, that's the process.

A holding company buys, then saddles a sound company with debt.
They keep the cash and dump the debt riddled carcass.

The next one buys it, maybe makes it look like it's improving, leverages it to the max
then dumps it. Savage was well in the way until bought by an individual who wanted it to survive.

And endless list of parasites, sucking the blood of a company (and the lives of employees) until it dies.

It's new world capitalism.
Ruin anything/everything for profit.
Cabelas is a good example of new world capitalism.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

718 members (12344mag, 163bc, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 76 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,727
Posts18,494,746
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.