Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s the little “victories” in life that I celebrate anymore and even those are getting fewer and fewer these days but I’ll still take them however they come. Yesterday before going out to dinner I dropped my wife, mother in law and sister in law at the mall for some quick shopping for a few things that mom needed while I went across the street to Sportsman’s Warehouse. They’re usually stupid expensive but I’ll still poke around and look for things I don’t need that are on sale or clearance. One thing I wanted was another lightweight hunting vest since I took my Sitka vests up to my place on POW. There was 1 vest in my size (xl or xxl) that was marked down from $120 to $50 so I decided to get it. When it was rung up it was reduced even further and wound up costing me $32 out the door which was about 75% less than normal…..a minor victory but a victory nonetheless.

This morning we drove my sister in law to the airport and traffic was smooth both directions. Since we were going right by Cabelas I told my wife that I was going to swing by Cabelas and look for yet ANOTHER tackle box since my other 5 big boxes are FULL and I hate a messy tackle box. I needed another big tackle box for my bottomfishing gear and wanted the identical box to the one I use for my primary salmon box, a Plano 3700 Guide series 4-By Rack system…that way I can slide the trays from one to the other if I don’t want to bring several boxes. They had what I wanted for $70 so I grabbed it and went to the checkout. As I was going through my wallet I found a $50 gift card that our children bought me for Christmas so my new tackle box cost me $18 out the door.

At West Marine a few days ago I stopped to buy a good set of chart plotting tools but I immediately saw that they had a clearance table with a bunch of Kingfisher, Coyote spoons, 8” double glow jigs as well as P-Line 2 packs of 8” UV Hootchies….all for $1 each. I bought them all even though I didn’t “need” them but when it comes to fishing tackle it isn’t about need for me….it’s about feeding my sickness. 😂

Today I checked my email, which I don’t do nearly enough, and to my absolute astonishment I had an email from ATF e-forms letting me know that my tax stamp for my SilencerCo Hybrid 46 was approved! I started the application in the middle of November and picked it up today….right at 3 months! I was hoping to have it by September since this one will be used on my “bear guns” and over .30 cal hunting rifles so to say that I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. I’m friends with the owner of Esstac who is the local shop I use for class 3 stuff and firearm transfers and even he was surprised with how fast I got approved. Ray didn’t want to charge me for the transfer but I would NOT take advantage of our friendship so I happily gave him a $50 bill.

Sometimes….rarely in fact, do things go that right but when they do it sure feels good to “win” one…..3 months for the ATF to approve a suppressor is a hell of a lot more reasonable than a year or more.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You purchased a Lottery Ticket as well?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're definitely on a heater.

Me

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Cheers Aces.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Hell yeah 👍👍

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Congrats !! You are one of my favorite posters. Always positive. Alan

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You are on a roll there Aces!
You will like that Hybrid 46. So far mine has been used on my 450 Bushmaster, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 Grendel and 5.56. It had been more than satisfactory with all those and is probably the best choice (or any other maker’s cans that do all the things the Hybrid does) for a first centerfire rifle can. I have fired it along side a 5.56 wearing a 5.56 can and a 6.5 Grendel and it’s 30 caliber can.
To my ears, there wasn’t enough difference between them all to matter much. Especially if you intend on getting more caliber specific cans later.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s great to have thing go right, and being able to recognize it and give thanks.

I would say that it is God giving you favor.

This last Saturday, I went to a local church banquet that I was invited to. This wasn’t a purchase a ticket, but rather a free men’s banquet dinner for the church. There was a veterans drawing at the very beginning of dinner, and I was lucky enough to win a brand new Remington 870 shotgun. This is the seventh firearm that I have one in 5.5 years. And I am not one of these buy a 100 tickets people. It usually comes from being a door prize, or the gun of the night prize. Prior to my first firearm I won, I haven’t won anything in over 20 years. It’s funny how this stuff works sometimes.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If that was me I'd be looking up for the meteor I was about to be hit by! LOL

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If that was me I'd be looking up for the meteor I was about to be hit by! LOL
When's this site gonna get a "LIKE" button?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought the ATF email was gonna be the punch line....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have no idea what it's like to enjoy such good fortune. I am envious.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This winter I ran into a Sportmans Whs deal, too. I needed a pair of warm boots just for chores around home. I didn't need anything expensive, just warm. I tried on a pair that cost about $120. As I pulled one on, the finger loop broke. The gal said that if they fit, she could probably get me a bit of a discount. They fit fine. She took them and went manager hunting. That took a while but when she came back, they'd cut them to $35. Sounded good to me. I'll gladly sacrifice a finger loop for $95.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Nothing worse than a messy box

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
👍😎

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Nothing worse than a messy box
eek

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sounds like you're on a run. Enjoy!

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a day almost that good back in 1982.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks for the comments guys, I got a chuckle from the replies.

I have bought a lottery ticket and I am keeping my eye on the sky for falling meteors or satellites but with the low overcast and rain I don’t stand a chance. 😀

M. Stevenson…. I just fired a few rounds from my 6.5 grendel through it and a few rounds through my 30 cal Moab and, like you I can’t tell the difference. I’m pretty much deaf in one ear and I can’t hear out of the other but I think the report is about the same. The hybrid is a little longer than the Moab but it’s a bit smaller in diameter so I imagine it’s a similar internal volume. I’m going to get the .458 ASR brake to screw on in place of the front cap since it’s going on a couple of 20”bbl. 338’s and a 35 Whelen but I’m thinking about “building” or cobbling together a 20” 458 Win mag for the future hunting I’m gonna do. In any case I figure that this will cover a lot of bases. 👍🏼

Alan…Thanks for the kind words.

RAS…. I’ve known lucky guys like yourself that can’t seem to lose even when they’re not even trying…..meanwhile I’m shouting from the rooftops that I saved a couple bucks on clearance stuff. 😂. I do hope your winning streak continues though because if someone has to win I’d want it to be one of the “good guys”.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (160user, 16penny, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,637
Posts18,474,408
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.