Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Check out larue barrels , they're in your price range.

GB1

Dons99 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
White Oak( Eeny) Rainier Arms (Meeny) Ballistic Advantage (Miny) Larue (Moe)
Anyone have thoughts on the BA Hanson barrel? PSA offers that and is in stock.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Have experience with the first and last. Would take the first hands down all day long if those were my choices.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Dons99 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
Have experience with the first and last. Would take the first hands down all day long if those were my choices.
Thank you sir, don't know you but your opinion is always well respected and deservedly so.

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I missed your price range but I believe X-Caliber may have some in stock AR barrels. You may look there if interested.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

Dons99 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
Be hard pressed to think PSA would not replace that instantly.
You can bed it in 640. Would be almost impossible to ever get it apart again though.
You were absolutely right, just received this email. Props to PSA!

"The following repairs were completed on your Palmetto State Armory product:
Investigated issue of accuracy, found upper receiver to be out of spec. Replaced receiver, honed and polished chamber and verified gas port was to spec. Assembled and insured all components were secured. Test fired for accuracy (passed). Cleaned and oiled."

Last edited by Dons99; 04/01/24.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So what is their acceptance standard for accuracy?

If I remember right the army says 4 MOA on an M-16 is OK.

Good that they recognized a problem with the upper though.
PSA is a mass seller, so they probably sell more than most other places put together, so an occasional issue is not unexpected if you deal with them long enough.

MM

Dons99 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

PSA is a mass seller, so they probably sell more than most other places put together, so an occasional issue is not unexpected if you deal with them long enough.

MM
Don't know what their standard of accuracy is but at least with a good/in spec upper I have something to work with.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dons99

MM
Don't know what their standard of accuracy is but at least with a good/in spec upper I have something to work with.

The only thing that concerns me, is you said the barrel or extension was out of "round" by .005". If I remember correctly. It sounds like they are using the same barrel, or did not say they are replacing the barrel. I'm like MM, and wondering what their accuracy requirements/standards are. Keep us posted, and let us know how it shoots, when you get it back. If the accuracy is still not what you are expecting, buy a WOA barrel, and don't look back..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Dons99 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

MM

The only thing that concerns me, is you said the barrel or extension was out of "round" by .005". If I remember correctly. It sounds like they are using the same barrel, or did not say they are replacing the barrel. I'm like MM, and wondering what their accuracy requirements/standards are. Keep us posted, and let us know how it shoots, when you get it back. If the accuracy is still not what you are expecting, buy a WOA barrel, and don't look back..
The receiver bore was oversize and OOR (they replaced), extension had .001" taper but I can bed if that proves to be a problem.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

MM

The receiver bore was oversize and OOR (they replaced), extension had .001" taper but I can bed if that proves to be a problem.

Gotcha. Shoot it, and see how it does. Hopefully it shoots more to your satisfaction now..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That won't be a problem.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 35, 375sunrise, 7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 17 invisible), 1,469 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,649
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.