-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who would have thought a purple haired drug addict would make a bad choice for an Armorer?

[Linked Image from thecount.com]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[Linked Image from people.com]

She is groovy. What's your problem? So what if she was not on the set at the moment that some tech assistant handed Baldwin the pistol and said "It is clean."

Do you expect her to be on the set when her abilities are required? Don't be an employment Nazi, this gal is groovy!

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
I’m open minded on it. I’m not sure if Baldwin as the head honcho, the insurance carrier or other entity was involved in making the rules for that facet of the on site work, or enforcement of such.

Nearly everyone there”outranked” the young lady, obviously someone had been handling the gun before the incident. Who gave said person the gun, or did they take it without her consent? Or with?

Who brought the gun to Baldwin before he shot the gal? Obviously that person didn’t check it nor did Baldwin. I’d want to know exactly who the 4 people were who touched that weapon before the killing, at this point we only know one.

In the end Baldwin was the big dog, he should have checked the weapon. It was a practice run, there was no reason for live ammo of any sort to be near the gun at that point blanks included.
He is as culpable as anyone. Didn’t pull the trigger my azz.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by 1minute
For the life of me I can't remember the source, but there was once a rumor that staff loaded up the handgun on site and went out for an evening jackrabbit shoot. Not heard such supported since.

I heard something to that effect also. IDK if it was rabbit hunting or just casual plinking but it seemed crazy that prop guns would be used with live ammo between sets.

I recall reading that on breaks, staff would "plink" at cans etc with that handgun loaded with live ammunition. If I understand set protocol, there should be no live ammunition on set, and the handgun is only for filming purposes. Two mistakes made by the armorer.

That being said, everyone who touched that handgun between the armorer and Baldwin shares culpability. Always assume a gun handed to you is loaded. You must check yourself, not assume it is unloaded or accept the word of the person handing the firearm to you that it is unloaded and safe. You must check. Everytime.

Baldwin is most culpable. He did not check the firearm himself, plus he pointed it at the cinematographer, killing her when he pulled the trigger. Again, reading about the case, you never point the gun at the camera. There is a slight of hand that makes it look like the gun is pointed at the camera. Also, I believe the cinematographer and director should have been standing behind a protective plexiglass screen.

Baldwin and the other producers were filming on a shoestring budget. It would appear that shortcuts were taken to save money.

Last edited by AB2506; 02/21/24.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Anybody who looks at that and say "Oh hell yes, let's hand it all the set guns & make it firearm safety czar" deserves whatever they get.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Who would have thought a purple haired drug addict would make a bad choice for an Armorer?

[Linked Image from thecount.com]

My point exactly. And all these fugking jugheads start talking about nepotism. A PURPLE HAIRED DRUG ADDICT WAS A VERY BAD CHOICE.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I think some people need to be subjected to a lie detector.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SargeMO

Anybody who looks at that and say "Oh hell yes, let's hand it all the set guns & make it firearm safety czar" deserves whatever they get.
LOL. True.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I recall at the time it was reported she was not allowed on set due to Covid restrictions imposed by somebody. Can’t do your job if you’re not allowed to be there. Who made that decision?

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by local_dirt
She was a DEI hire in the first. The real guilt was above her.

Not DEI, nepotism.

Her father a somewhat famous competitive shooter that shot alongside Jeff Cooper and Jack Weaver. He was a well known armorer and stunt guy in Hollywood as well.

She’s simply a raging dumbazz that rode her pops coat tails waaaaay past where she had any business.

If you think these clowns in charge of the rust movie were thinking about her old man. I got a bridge I wanna sell you. If they did think about him, It was only to shove a thumb in his and every other gun person's eye. But, it backfired on them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
No matter who hired her, her job description included making sure all guns were safe. She failed to do her job. There's fault at all levels in this one but that gun should never have got beyond her. Her only defense would be if it went around her and she never saw it. I don't know if that happened or not.
Maybe she did her hired job perfectly. IIRC there was some stuff going around about the gal that died making a movie to expose peoples wrongs on something...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by local_dirt
She was a DEI hire in the first. The real guilt was above her.

Not DEI, nepotism.

Her father a somewhat famous competitive shooter that shot alongside Jeff Cooper and Jack Weaver. He was a well known armorer and stunt guy in Hollywood as well.

She’s simply a raging dumbazz that rode her pops coat tails waaaaay past where she had any business.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=list+...A&FORM=ANAB01&DAF1=1&PC=HCTS

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I still ask, "Who in the hell put that live round in the gun?" I'm not gonna say it's the girl's fault just yet because not one damn one of us has all the details. It may come to past that we will never know the truth of the matter.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
When stuff like this happens, it’s not just one thing that happened, it’s a whole procession of events leading up to the death. Any single one of these folks could have broken that chain of events if they had simply done their jobs and honored the safety protocols. All of them are guilty of killing that cinematographer and injuring that other guy.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Down toward the bottom it says that the most jail time she can get is 18 months. That's not much for getting a person killed.

Rust Armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed's Trial Begins Over 2 Years After Fatal Shooting: Everything to Know

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed's criminal trial in New Mexico is expected to last through March 6
By Tommy McArdle
Updated on February 21, 2024 11:42AM EST
Rust armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed's criminal trial is finally underway, more than two years after the fatal on-set shooting of the movie's cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins.

On Wednesday, Gutierrez-Reed is expected to appear in a New Mexico courtroom alongside her attorneys Jason Bowles and Todd Buillon as jury selection begins.

She faces charges of involuntary manslaughter and tampering with evidence that Santa Fe County District Attorney's office first filed against her in January 2023.

Gutierrez-Reed entered a written plea of not guilty on Aug. 9, 2023. "Ms. Gutierrez has pleaded not guilty to all charges and is preparing for her day in court," her attorney Bowles said in a statement to PEOPLE at that time. "She looks forward to her day in court, and to having the conduct of everyone on set fully examined."

The agreed-upon conditions of Gutierrez-Reed's release back in August said she could not possess firearms, could not consume drugs or alcohol (with twice-monthly tests) and could not return to the location of the alleged incident.

Gutierrez-Reed was the armorer on the set of the the indie Western film Rust, which Alec Baldwin starred in and produced. During a rehearsal on the movie's set at Bonanza Creek Ranch in Santa Fe on Oct. 21, 2021, Baldwin, 65, discharged a prop gun that happened to be loaded with live rounds, shooting director Joel Souza and cinematographer Hutchins. Gutierrez-Reed was 25 at the time of Hutchins' death. Rust marked her second job as an armorer on a feature film, according to The Associated Press.

While Souza, 50, survived his injuries, 42-year-old Hutchins was killed in the incident. Baldwin maintains that he did not pull the trigger. He was also charged with involuntary manslaughter along with Gutierrez-Reed in Jan. 2023. Those charges against the actor/producer were dropped three months later, delaying his criminal case until he was indicted again by a grand jury this past January.

Baldwin was released on his personal recognizance at that time, according to court documents. He pleaded not guilty to the new charge on Jan. 31, and his trial date was set for Aug. 6 earlier this month, per New Mexico court documents obtained by PEOPLE.

Gutierrez-Reed's criminal trial is expected to run through March 6, according to The AP. More than 40 people are listed to appear as witnesses during the trial, as the outlet reported.

If Gutierrez-Reed is convicted of involuntary manslaughter, she could face up to 18 months in prison and a $5,000 fine, per the AP. The evidence tampering charge filed against her is related to allegations that she gave a small bag potentially containing narcotics to another Rust crew member following the shooting, the outlet reported.

She would get less were she an illegal border crosser (cartel member) who had beaten a cop to death.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by grouseman
I recall at the time it was reported she was not allowed on set due to Covid restrictions imposed by somebody. Can’t do your job if you’re not allowed to be there. Who made that decision?

Are you thinking of the story that a whole bunch of the crew were recently hired scabs (substitutes)?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 1minute
For the life of me I can't remember the source, but there was once a rumor that staff loaded up the handgun on site and went out for an evening jackrabbit shoot. Not heard such supported since.

Very lax control of guns and ammo. She was criminally sloppy. There seems to be evidence of people plinking with her guns. That means real, lethal bullets. The Covid protocols did force some unathourized hand offs to non trained personnel. Still no excuse. She was the loose cannon! But they are after Baldwin....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Baldwin aimed the weapon and pulled the trigger and it wasn’t during filming.

He was also the boss. The kook is negligent and there shouldn’t have been live ammo on the set for any of the movie guns.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
When stuff like this happens, it’s not just one thing that happened, it’s a whole procession of events leading up to the death. Any single one of these folks could have broken that chain of events if they had simply done their jobs and honored the safety protocols. .

Bingo!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

She is obviously guilty. Who knows what the jury will say. I wonder if she is in court with her electric blue and yellow hair and the nose rings.
Bet she got cleaned up.

Rust armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed was seen arriving in court as a jury was selected for her trial of the 2021 death of a cinematographer who was shot by Alec Baldwin

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

Guess she elected to do away with the purple hair for court. Just "keepin' it real" and "being true to myself" and all that.... Truly, just an everyday young professional business woman.

Last edited by DaveR; 02/22/24.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1234, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.