Print Thread
Hop To
B
BigGnTn Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
I have an old Abercrombie & Fitch scope that is missing one of the turret caps. What do I need to measure in order to find a replacement? And, where would I source the caps? The scope is a “TV Screen” or Wideview type. I’m assuming Leupold or Redfield might be the manufacturer for A&F put that’s purely a guess.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
ambercrombie & Fitch scope.. I will be the first to admit that's a new one on me I didn't have any idea such a critter existed..

B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by ldholton
ambercrombie & Fitch scope.. I will be the first to admit that's a new one on me I didn't have any idea such a critter existed..
Yeah. Everyone thinks about half naked teenagers but A&F was a world class outfitter back in the day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know if anyone else besides Redfield that made the widefield "TV" objective.

Ebay?

Pull some off of your other scopes and see what fits then contact that scope maker?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I don't know if anyone else besides Redfield that made the widefield "TV" objective.

Ebay?

Pull some off of your other scopes and see what fits then contact that scope maker?
I tried some but none worked. Fortunately, it has one so at least I have something to work with. I just don’t know exactly what to measure for a replacement. The turret or the cap.

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BigGnTn

Ebay?

I tried some but none worked. Fortunately, it has one so at least I have something to work with. I just don’t know exactly what to measure for a replacement. The turret or the cap.

What have you tried?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
RW (Bob) Loveless, the legendary knife maker, got his start making knives for Abercrombie & Fitch. From Wikipedia:

Knifemaking
In December 1953, Loveless returned to the Merchant Marine on a tanker based in New York. Loveless visited Abercrombie & Fitch in New York City in order to purchase a Randall Made knife. After learning there was a nine-month wait for the knife he wanted, he decided to make his own. He ground his first blade from a 1937 Packard Automobile spring found in a Newark, New Jersey junkyard and forged it on the oil-fired galley stove of the ship on which he was serving. After showing this homemade knife to the head of the Abercrombie & Fitch cutlery department he formed a relationship with the retailer to sell his knives. Loveless sold his knives to Abercrombie & Fitch for $14 USD a piece at the time.[4][5]
From 1954 to 1960 Loveless made knives called "Delaware Maids" and they became Abercrombie & Fitch's best-selling handmade items, outselling the Randall blades. Loveless admitted that these knives were copies of Randall's designs, but by 1960 he began making his own innovations which set them apart.[3] Loveless was a founding member of the Knifemakers' Guild in 1970 and served as the club's first Secretary. Loveless went on to serve two terms as the Guild's president from 1973 to 1976.[6][7][8]

I might be able to help you with the scope cap. Contact me.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by cotis
I might be able to help you with the scope cap. Contact me.
PM Sent

B
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by EdM
What have you tried?

Just a couple that were close by. I’m in the process of majorly moving stuff around and most of my other scopes are packed and stacked deep. I just ASSUMED there were measurements that could be taken.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Ebay?

Weaver made a TV screen scope also.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 77 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,151
Posts18,484,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.