Print Thread
Hop To
G
gnoahhh Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
....is an interesting book by Barbara Tuchman about the origins of WWI, but it's not what I'm referring to. Of course it's rather the annual August gathering of rifle loonies at Noxen, PA. Just six short months separate us from that hallowed event. The dates are confirmed to be August 16,17,18. Venue: same as years past. Program: same as years past. Focus is on things Savage, but not entirely limited therein - some mighty delectable other arms are presented too.

The main difference from a Fest? The opportunity to actually lift a rifle from the table and go out back and shoot it. A lot if you want to. The event is entirely self contained - bunking, eating, drinking, smoking and joking, all done on site. No need to drive back and forth to a motel room (unless you or your better half insists on it, or you pale at the thought of a couple dozen old guys snoring and farting through the night). It's all about the guns (which enjoy very secure lockup overnight) - viewing, talking about, and shooting thereof. Safety protocols concerning that are strictly adhered to (example: once the beer/spirits start to flow there is no handling of firearms, no joke).

Then there are some who come just for the food. Again, no joke. We like to eat well. Joe Brady and his cohorts set a pretty marvelous table and if you go hungry it's you're own darned fault. Other attendees provide provender that rivals the best kitchens in the country. Once more, no joke. BYOB is required, and even though I've painted pictures of Baccanalian revelry in the past, outright drunkenness is rare. (Well, there's always Joe Bonifant who dances the Hoochie-coo with two beers under his belt, but we won't go there!) Just earnest gun talk lubricated by "en vino et veritas"!

In short it's a grand opportunity to hang out with like minded souls for three days, far from the madding crowd in very, very, very rural Pennsylvania. Be there or be square!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Count me as a square 😜

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wonderful memories made in Noxen. Great people and one great dog in attendance.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And thats why Gary makes the annual announcement for the Savage Rendezvous! Lol. How can you say no to that!!
If anyone would like to attend or find out more info, shoot me a pm. Hope to see some more new faces.

Joe

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While we are advertising our favorite get together...

Why don't you eastern guy's rent a travel unit and view the country west of the Mississippi? See the Rocky Mountains. Maybe Yellowstone, the Tetons or visit the museum at Cody. Might be a once in a lifetime venture.

SAVAGE FEST 2024, Pinedale, WY, Sept 27-29, 2024

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I so wanted to Rick, i was going to hitch a ride with Kurt and Sun but my Sons wedding is 2 weeks after and my gathering is the month before. Just not in the budget this year. Im sure you guys will have a great Fest and i WILL make it to another. 🍻

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I draw the line at fartin'. By others I mean.

I'm in as usual.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rick99
While we are advertising our favorite get together...

Why don't you eastern guy's rent a travel unit and view the country west of the Mississippi? See the Rocky Mountains. Maybe Yellowstone, the Tetons or visit the museum at Cody. Might be a once in a lifetime venture.

SAVAGE FEST 2024, Pinedale, WY, Sept 27-29, 2024
My wife said she wanted to head West this Sept, but hasn't confirmed yet.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I WILL be at Noxen this year. I hope I didn't loose my bed by being absent last year?

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hello Guys, I should be there this year again!

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I'd like to go if I can hitch a ride with my bud Jerry. Just hard to commit with Bidens high prices on dam near everything!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Joe, your bed is safe lol and it would be great to see you again John! Hope you can make it.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
As usual, god willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there. Hell, if John want to tag along, there is plenty of room in the Silverado's' bed. grin

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bump to the top.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I'm probably out, If my buddie down state draws a bear tag. He should, has 5 points higher than needed! I'm going to be baiting and running bear baits for him, and guess what ,the weekend of the get to gather is when we can start baiting! I'll know in June, unless he decides to wait another year again but he says this is the year! Noxen is a blast, fine guns, fine food , and some Great guys!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (1936M71, 222Sako, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,715
Posts18,475,585
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.