-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey I got a Ballot addressed to Hastings just last week...
Three actually and someone had already Written-in Wayne.....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Gun talk had Knox on. He recommended voting for the 4 only. The c others there is no way to know except the short aubiograohy which us mostly fluff.
Any input is welcome.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Tag

Please don't feed the trolls!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Probably a good idea to vote only for the four, plus write ins for any good names that pop up in the shooting/ firearms world in the next month or so.

Mathew 22: 37-39

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I voted for just two... NRA needs to thin the board ranks by about 3/4...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
I voted for just two... NRA needs to thin the board ranks by about 3/4...
Might be a good idea to hold off voting for a while. We have until late April to vote. The New York trial verdict isn't in yet. And we need some commitments from candidates to vote out Wayne's hand picked successor CEO Mr. Andrew Arulanandam. Mr. Arulanandam has been Wayne's most vocal and loyal supporter next to Carolyn Meadows.

The New York decision could be very harsh on the NRA as it is presently constituted.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Agree. I'm waiting to see where the flying crap sticks.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
There are four reform candidates and all four are on the ballot by petition.

They are Jeff Knox, Judge Phil Journey, Roscoe "Rocky" Marshall, and Dennis Fusaro.

The powers that be were so threatened by these four getting on the ballot that they had to pad it after they made it. They included former NRA President Carolyn Meadows who is so sick she could not testify in the New York trial either in person or virtually. The other is Greer Johnson who seems to be a friend of Meadows and whose major claim to fame was to be the mistress of former NY Yankee great Mickey Mantle.

Last Days of Mickey Mantle

The only existing members of the board on the ballot who have challenged the status quo are Buz Mills who owns Gunsite Academy and Rick Ector out of Detroit.

Last edited by jpr9954; 02/23/24. Reason: added link
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I ran into Chris Cox, former head of the NRA-ILA, at the SCI Convention. We chatted about the NY trial. His take on what is needed is that the existing board be dissolved, the size of the board reduced by 2/3rds, and that anyone who had served on the Audit, Finance, Ethics, or Nominations Committee be permanently banned from ever serving on the Board.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by dale06
Following.
Anyone know, what’s the compensation for these board seats?
I was wondering the same thing. What's the pay scale for kissing Wayne's azz, and doing his bidding without question?

IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by jpr9954
I ran into Chris Cox, former head of the NRA-ILA, at the SCI Convention. We chatted about the NY trial. His take on what is needed is that the existing board be dissolved, the size of the board reduced by 2/3rds, and that anyone who had served on the Audit, Finance, Ethics, or Nominations Committee be permanently banned from ever serving on the Board.

I definitely agree. And bear in mind that they have staggered terms. The 34 up now only represent about 1/3 of the board.. I've been on 501(c)3 boards and a board that size is impossible. A small cadre of paid officers end up co-opting the board.

But right now about all I can do is vote for the four that Knox recommended.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I don't know Phil Journey personally although as a Judge he married my new wife and I in November. He is well known around here for his NRA involvement and presence at gun shows.

You can do a search on his NRA BOD's work. He was the one who called for an independent review of the bankruptcy. He is considered an honest and blunt advocate and I would trust his judgement.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by sidewinder72
Four new board members will not change anything. The others will roll right over them and never look back. It is a corrupt board that has enabled Wayne all along with their blessings. They need a new board with all new people to rid of the old ways, until then more of the same.
To a certain extent you are correct. Four board members out 76 cannot outvote the other 72 but maybe 4 loud mouthed malcontents can expose the wrong doing that goes on in secret executive sessions and steadily beat the drum of reform and most importantly embarrass the hell out of the rats running the show with the exposure of their misfeasance.

They sure as heck CAN make a difference. No matter what you think of them look what Matt Gates and MTG have done in congress. I'll be following...

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good idea... I should have said, to be accurate, that I've marked the ballot for two and have it ready to send... But I'll wait for now..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Wayne found guilty. The board of directors missed the boat on this one. In 2019 Ollie North wanted an audit and he was shut down and ousted. time for a new board.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My short list gleaned from comments here
Ectoor. Fysaro. Journey. Knox. Marshall. Mills

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Petition first, just those to begin, then real careful scrutiny for maybe one or two of the "nominees." Gunsite's guy, for example.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's organize ourselves a CAMPFIRE SLATE for NEXT BOARD ELECTION.
We can connect with each other, handle each other's petitions, or get them in good hands, a big deal given the numbers needed. Legal petitions can't be denied by the NC or BOD.
Just imagine ---

SHRAP.

ROCKY.

Furball? Seafire?

Chris Cox?

Ollie?

Not Buzz H, tho. Snrk.

We KNOW that the board will not be transparent with us, we will NEVER read the honest story in American Rifleman Special Members Issue. I read WLP's farewell column and it's SO lame, exactly what we'd expect from a well-dressed lowlife. So come on, gang ---- CAMPFIRE SLATE FOR NRA 2025!

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Let's organize ourselves a CAMPFIRE SLATE for NEXT BOARD ELECTION.
We can connect with each other, handle each other's petitions, or get them in good hands, a big deal given the numbers needed. Legal petitions can't be denied by the NC or BOD.
Just imagine ---

SHRAP.

ROCKY.

Furball? Seafire?

Chris Cox?

Ollie?

Not Buzz H, tho. Snrk.

We KNOW that the board will not be transparent with us, we will NEVER read the honest story in American Rifleman Special Members Issue. I read WLP's farewell column and it's SO lame, exactly what we'd expect from a well-dressed lowlife. So come on, gang ---- CAMPFIRE SLATE FOR NRA 2025!

I had been having thoughts along this line as well. Random thoughts running through my mind as to what such an undertaking would require/look like:
1. we need smart people who are able to devote some time to this;
2. it's necessary that they have the personal financial means and the time to pursue this;
3, it might be beneficial to have some with a degree of name recognition in the shooting/firearms community, but need to be sure they're not self-interested prima donnas or we'd soon be heading right back to the place we want to leave;
4. we'd need someone with the skills and knowledge base to drive a digital media presence, move this into other forums, facebook groups whatever.

Again, just random thoughts on my part, I don't claim to know a whole lot about running an initiative like this, but I think that we have, among the membership here, people who do have the skills and resources to move this along.

Any other thoughts?

Mathew 22: 37-39

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (450yukon, 260Remguy, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 2ndwind, 13 invisible), 1,678 guests, and 970 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,380
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.