Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Been a Life Member since 1968, haven't given the NRA a cent since then, the magazines aren't worth the cost of the paper they're printed on. WLP was the worst leader, I hope the repayment effort is successful but I have my doubts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't I read that the Board gave him something like a $17 million retirement gift? If so, the $5 million fine won't exactly cripple his future.

The entire Board is corrupt.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by natman
Was this trial politically motivated? Yes.
Was LaPierre guilty? Yes.

The two things don't have to be exclusive.

Fortunately, the judge saw through James' motion to disband the NRA as the First Amendment violation and abuse of power that it was and denied it. Once that was out of the way, prosecuting a charity committing financial abuse was well within James' authority.
The best tool that law enforcement has is informants. People who are friends with and like a miscreant are not going to inform law enforcement. Most law enforcement looks upon most informants as biased and dirty. I used information from informants realizing that they had malicious motive for informing, seldom was it done as an act of good citizenship (there were exceptions). The only thing that concerned me about informants was whether they were truthful and maybe they were trying to divert our limited resources away from themselves.

In this case Ms. James has certainly acted with malice and has directed law enforcement against an entity she clearly doesn't like even if they were completely legal and above board. She clearly ignores wrongdoing by entities she approves of.

All that being true, she is absolutely right about the malfeasance of the NRA, its CEO, and his cronies. Like her or not she was right on this and WLP left the organization wide open on this. Now the members should be able to go after the BOD with a civil action for their acquiescence or maybe even active participation in the stealing.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
GOA. Forget the NRA, all they have is a reputation, mostly bad. Kept quiet on important issues and mostly raised funds so that they could live extravagant. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The entire board is complicit in this and should resign.

To ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.
NRA Benefactor Member
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sagerat22
The entire board is complicit in this and should resign.
Should not they be held financially responsible for failing in their duty to protect us lowly members? That would be with the exception of any dissident members that opposed the financial shenanigans by Lapierre, Ms. Meadows, Mr. Arulanandam, and the cronies of those that were stealing.

I don't have any money coming. I saw what was up years ago and didn't send any money despite repeated pleas by mail and phone.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,112
Posts18,502,295
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.