-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Words to consider ....... "The poor live like they're rich and the rich live like they're poor."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote][And what type of work?

And I'm being serious, every other question has been asked but so far I don't believe anyone has been crass enough to ask about personal income?quote]

Sam, I did not make very far before it was apparent that most responding was not going to answer your question. Me too, but I will tell you a little. I am retired, Surveyor crew chief (formerly party chief) for a State Wide crew for ARDOT (was AHTD) for 37 years. With my retirement, Social Security, Wife's Social Security, and a small amount that my wife's Mother put in some kind of retirement fund for Her, We get about 80 grand a year. We live comfortable. Owe nothing but the regular monthly bills. No house/rent payment, no car/truck payment. No secret, government goons already know this. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote]380k a year plus performance bonuses as CEO of a non-profit. "The Human Fund" - you might know it, especially right now for tax season./quote]

IRS? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well kind folks, past the midway point of Q1 - how'd the performance reviews go? Its raise time boys.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Might have done better in life had I lived down South and worked for Buc-Ees. But, I hate people so that place would not be for me.

Pic from the other day while relatives were there. They liked the expensive 3 meat sammich though.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Couldn't imagine what it must be like to manage a Buc-ee's or Walmarts etc

That $175-225K most likely works out to $15-20 hourly.
But hey, you probably won't live long anyhow, so.........

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Couldn't imagine what it must be like to manage a Buc-ee's or Walmarts etc

That $175-225K most likely works out to $15-20 hourly.
But hey, you probably won't live long anyhow, so.........
Coupla my relatives said maybe they should have worked there. $125k to manage a car wash.

I said no way. You'd have to deal with azzhat employees and follow all the rules about who you can hire and fire and why. That's not even dealing with the even worse azzhat customers.

No friggen way. I kinda hate people already.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Zero. There is no aspect of society I can support.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm retired. smile

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I would think competition for those buc-ees jobs are pretty fierce

they probably have a cot setup in the store room for those employees

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA

I would think there wouldn't be a need to advertise for them if they were such great jobs/working conditions.

Would be like the old mill town jobs, or the auto plant jobs. Uncle Joe tells second cousin Suzie there's an opening down at the store, get your ass down there and you're set for life.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I would think there wouldn't be a need to advertise for them if they were such great jobs/working conditions.

Would be like the old mill town jobs, or the auto plant jobs. Uncle Joe tells second cousin Suzie there's an opening down at the store, get your ass down there and you're set for life.

But if your pay scale is wildly outside of the "typical" scale for a C-store job, you likely need to advertise that because someone looking for a 25-30 dollar an hour job isn't thinking of their local gas station either. They advertise to get candidates that are worth 100k because 6 figure candidates probably aren't thinking of Buc-ees when looking for their next gig.

The "no experience necessary" only covers the bottom tier positions, I suspect on purpose. Locally - it's a 13-17 an hour job here.

Me

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What, like in Biden dollars?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
What, like in Biden dollars?
You bankin' all that money you makin' up there? Sending lots home? wink

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

But if your pay scale is wildly outside of the "typical" scale for a C-store job, you likely need to advertise that because someone looking for a 25-30 dollar an hour job isn't thinking of their local gas station either. They advertise to get candidates that are worth 100k because 6 figure candidates probably aren't thinking of Buc-ees when looking for their next gig.

The "no experience necessary" only covers the bottom tier positions, I suspect on purpose. Locally - it's a 13-17 an hour job here.
Why are six figure candidates shopping at Buc-Ees.

Shouldn't they be getting high test at the Chevron station? wink

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Around 85k..could make more, but f uck overtime

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/26/24.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Teal

Why are six figure candidates shopping at Buc-Ees.

Shouldn't they be getting high test at the Chevron station? wink

Errbody likes a Buc-ee's dontchaknow!

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by nimblehunter
Hello Sam. Great topic. I get $7K monthly from my retirement. Worked for Procter & Gamble since I was 18 YO until I was 59 1/2 YO. 41 1/2 years total & still a part time small farmer.
I get $1800. monthly from SS but pay $300. back monthly due to our combined income. Wife retired as a Registered Nurse in 2020 after 40+ years of service. She collects $1500. SS monthly. We are in the Marcellus Gas play and collect pretty good royalties also. We're living comfortably & help our family out with expenses when we can & help at the local food pantry in town 6 miles away. Good thing we have farmers like you to work your a$$ off to feed the world.

Mehoopany ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jobs:
1967 I was 16 years old and made $1.51/ hour boxing groceries. I talked to every house wife as I put grocery bags in her car.

Lots of other jobs

2008 I was 57 years old and made [more than the average electrical engineer made in 2008] as a contract engineer at General Dynamics.
I used my table saw to build a kludged equipment rack to put in the luggage compartment of the Eclipse jet prototype. We were having back EMF sensed control loop trouble with the starter /generator in the Pratt Whitney jet engine. Working 24/7 we got the engine started at 4:00 a.m. at the Albuquerque airport.

Investing:
bought GOOG 2004
bought AMZN 2011
bought NVDA in june 2023

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been able to live a life that far exceeded my wages.
Just breaks and associates and a hard drive to excell.

Proud NRA Life Member
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 22magnut, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,916 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,603
Posts18,532,643
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.