Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease.”

"That depends, Sir," said Disraeli,"whether I embrace your policies or your mistress."

"He had delusions of adequacy." -Walter Kerr

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Winston Churchill

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." -Clarence Darrow

"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary." -William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)

"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I'll waste no time reading it." -Moses Hadas

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -Mark Twain

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -Oscar Wilde

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one." -George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second . . . if there is one." -Winston Churchill, in response

"I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here." -Stephen Bishop

"He is a self-made man and worships his creator." -John Bright

"I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial." -Irvin S. Cobb

"He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others." -Samuel Johnson

"He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up." -Paul Keating

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." -Charles, Count Talleyrand

"He loves nature in spite of what it did to him." -Forrest Tucker

"Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?" -Mark Twain

"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork." -Mae West

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -Oscar Wilde

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts . . . for support rather than illumination." -Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

"He has Van Gogh's ear for music." -Billy Wilder

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But I'm afraid this wasn't it." -Groucho Marx

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"You appear to be an unwashed fellator with Oedipal tendencies and canine ancestry!"

I used that one regularly when referring to several of my ghetto students. Few, if any, were able to translate.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
"I bet you're the kind of guy who could get a complete physical examination by a proctologist."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
LMAO
Good post

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Winston Churchill and Mark Twain were masters at the insult craft.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What can I say about your wife that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by logger
Winston Churchill and Mark Twain were masters at the insult craft.

Churchill and Lady Astor hated one another, but being aristocrats they attended most of the same functions. At one gathering Lady Astor looked at Churchill and said, "If I were married to you, I would give you poison." Winston looked at her and said, "If I were married to you, I would drink it."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It astounds me how you contrive to get yourself in the company of women such as she when most would beg impotency!

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bessie Braddock MP: “Winston, you are drunk, and what’s more you are disgustingly drunk.”

WSC: “Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what’s more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.”

Presidents come and go, but entitlements are forever - Michael Medved

Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Describing a black hooker's gold tooth: Bawdy dogstar in the ordurous jaw of Fellatio Major.
Cormac McCarthy

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I refuse to discuss it with you. I will not get in a duel of wits with an unarmed man.
RB

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You are nowhere near as bad as they all say.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
During a studio "wrap party," on the completion of photography of A Bill of Divorcement,, 1932, the co star, Kathrine Hepburn walked up to the star, John Barrymore, who was savoring a few cocktails and said, "Mr. Barrymore, I want you to know I am very happy I shall never have to act with you again."

Barrymore took a drink, looked at her and said, "My dear, I didn't know you ever had." smile

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
You can insult the hell out of someone and get away with it if you give em a big smile after you say it. I had an old boss that was a master of that craft.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My wife likes to watch The Weakest Link. They have some good insults that are worth remembering.

In case of a water landing, who's here that we can use their head as a floatation device... 😁

My favorite one that I used on engineers, the college you attended owes your parents a rebate on your tuition. 😛

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I’m having a bad day.
Ambrose Bierce’s writings always bring me back……..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Look, Skippy, I do not have enough patience, or enough crayons, to draw enough pictures to adequately explain this to you......

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'm not very good at it. Best I can do is GFY. Succinct tho.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
If I’m having a bad day.
Ambrose Bierce’s writings always bring me back……..

One of my favorite writers!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by las
I'm not very good at it. Best I can do is GFY. Succinct tho.
Aye, and you've yet to learn that you could practice silence and leave folk wondering about your ignorance, but you insist on confirming it.
RB

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 1936M71, 160user, 22250rem, 46 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,388 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,708
Posts18,475,359
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.