Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
tkinak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm thinking about one but I've never handled or shot one. I have shot an XD, Glock 29 and 40. Will stop by Sportsmans and fondle. Sounds like the gen 2 fixed the feeding problems. It will be used mostly for hiking/ fishing protection in bear country as well as an occasional blacktail hunt so considering a red dot compatible version.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...el-armornite-pistol-151-rounds/p/1829933

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
One of my nephews has one, complete with red dot sight. He hasn't had it for a long while, though he didn't relay any complaints to me. I have a couple 1911 10mms, they work fine and shoot well.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a 10mm so you can stop here, or...

Have four of the M&P 2.0 pistols in 9mm, two optic ready and two not, two with 4.25" barrels and two with 5". With about 4,000-5,000 rounds of ammo between them there have been zero (0) failures of any kind on any of them. Speer Lawman GDHP's, S&B, Blazer aluminum case, Magtech range blasting stuff - they all eat it all up without complaint.

The flat trigger on the optics ready models is definitely a step up from the regular curved trigger, which ain't bad to start with. But I really like the flat trigger's action and feel that it improves my shooting.

My first impression of the optics mounting system is that it's kind of chintzy compared to Glock since the adapter plates are plastic, but they definitely work. Again, over a few thousand rounds they haven't cracked, come loose or failed in any way. I do use blue loctite but that's SOP for any red dot on any firearm.

Also currently have a Shield Plus and had an M&P 2.0 Compact in the past and the same comments apply - 100% reliability.

If you like the way it feels I'd say go for it, none of those M&P's have ever given me a single reason to regret buying them.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
I have a 2.0 10mm. About 700 rds through it. Mostly 180gr fmj for practice but about 100 220gr hard cast and another hundred of heavy 180xtp hand loads. No issues thus far, can’t remember a jam, and plenty accurate with open sights. I’m not sure if I’m going to keep it yet or not.m as I’m not sure a .45acp with hard cast gives anything up. Plus in a bad situation I can’t see getting 15rds off anyway.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Following this one….

If anyone has, or has had, an S&W and an XDM Elite, how do they compare??

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
So a buddy has the xdm, I went with the smith as the grip frame fit me better after I tried his xdm. He has since moved to an sig x10? I think that the model.

Have not seen any issues with any of them. My favorite 10 is still the same buddies Tangfollio 10mm. Like a super sized cz75 or slightly smaller cz97b.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have two. The 4 and 4.6" models. The 4" model started out with some serious issues. Sent it back to SW, ran better, but still not 100%. Changed the mag springs, and added a red dot sight and now it's an honest 100%. My take is the slide is too light for the hotter loads and the few ounces from the red dot added enough mass to slow it down both directions for proper feeding.

The 4.6 one was awesome out of the box. Both will hold 1" groups at 9 yards with the red dot. It's my goto woods gun now and as my name implies here, I'm a big 10mm fan. I've shot or owned a lot of them - ironically expect the Springfield. I could never, and still can't, get into the plastic Springfields. They just look awkward to me.

All my SW2.0's have APEX triggers in them set at the lowest setting. The APEX is a game changer in the Smiths. 100% recommended.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by AZtwins
Following this one….

If anyone has, or has had, an S&W and an XDM Elite, how do they compare??

I have an XD-M Elite...4.5" w/Dragonfly dot

No complaints at all

Runs everything I feed it (handloads)

200 gr hard cast from Rim Rock or 200 gr XTP's

AA9......AA7....Longshot

Yep.....LIKE....

https://files.springfield-armory.com/wp-content/uploads/XDME94510BHCOSPD.png

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
only a couple mags through mine so far, was too frkn cold out to do much shooting, 180 gr S&B fmj's

love the way it fills the hand, super comfortable to shoot, like the way it feels more than my Elite or 40 , most reviews I've read & watched in comparison to the Elite, 20 & 40 had the 2.0 running dead last, I haven't shot it enough to pass judgement yet

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Since I gave up trying to convince myself that I don’t need a 10mm, I’ve been looking at them again. I’ve been considering the S&W 5.6” PC version, the XTEN and a Tanfoglio of some sort - I have a CZ97 that I really like.

Just gonna have to grab one or two to find out for myself.

IC B3

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I had a 4.6 “ m and p. After three trips back to commie taxachoosets it still didn’t run. The same ammunition runs perfectly in my 1911s. And no you can’t run fast enough to give me a Block

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a S&W M&P 2.0 10 mm Auto w/ the 4.6-inch barrel that has almost 1000 rounds through it with no FTF, no FTE or any other issues to date.

I have shot 180 & 200 grain factory ammunition through it, including Underwood 180 & 200 grain stuff.

I have removed the suppressor height sights and replaced them with green fiber optic sights (Dawson) and installed a Timney Match trigger with no other changes to the pistol.

The M&P has sent a Gen 4 Glock 20 down the road as I like the ergonomics of the M&P much more.

My other 10 mm Autos include a SIG P320 X-Ten and a Tisas 1911 D10.

I would definitely by the M&P 10mm again.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have the 4.5" XDM Elite. I can hardly say anything bad about it. It's one of my most accurate handguns. The trigger is excellent. The sights are great (but too short for cowitnessing with a dot). The grip safety poses zero problems and is hardly noticeable. It runs perfectly with everything I've tried, which includes hot 180gr HP, 200 and 220gr cast FP, and DT 230gr cast FP.

Haven't tried the M&P yet, but a friend likes his. We need to get together and compare. But if it works and fits as well as other M&P models I've had, I'd probably like it just as well.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by StarchedCover
I have a S&W M&P 2.0 10 mm Auto w/ the 4.6-inch barrel that has almost 1000 rounds through it with no FTF, no FTE or any other issues to date.

I have shot 180 & 200 grain factory ammunition through it, including Underwood 180 & 200 grain stuff.

I have removed the suppressor height sights and replaced them with green fiber optic sights (Dawson) and installed a Timney Match trigger with no other changes to the pistol.

The M&P has sent a Gen 4 Glock 20 down the road as I like the ergonomics of the M&P much more.

My other 10 mm Autos include a SIG P320 X-Ten and a Tisas 1911 D10.

I would definitely by the M&P 10mm again.

StarchedCover

Hey Starch, how would you compare the XTEN to the S&W? I like the feel of the XTEN and I have a M&P that fits my hand well also. Have you shot a variety of ammo through the XTEN also??

Thanks!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
AZtwins,

I have not shot my SIG P320 X-Ten nearly as much as my M&P, probably less than 400 rounds of factory ammunition through it to date. The types of factory ammunition include Hornady 180 Gr. XTP, Magtech 180 Gr. FMJ & HP, American Eagle FMJ, Nosler 180 Gr. HP and Underwood 180 & 200 Gr. HP's and Cast.

I liked the way the P320 X-Ten fit my hands better than the G20. The M&P grip can be tailored with the backstrap options.

The SIG is a bit bigger than the M&P, the extra weight certainly helps with recoil and getting back on target.

Both the M&P and the SIG P320 are familiar platforms, I shoot M&P's in 40 S&W and P320's in 9mm.

So far, I have no issues with the SIG P320 X-Ten and additional magazines are easier to source than the 10mm M&P.

I don't think either are a bad choice, whichever one fits you best.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I shoot the XTen too.
Here is what the guns weigh with a magazine, 15 rounds of 200gr. ammo, and Holoson red dot (same model on each).

XTen 5" barrel = 43.5 oz.
SW2.0 10mm 4.6" = 40.875
SW2.0 10mm 4.0" = 38.875

The external dimensions of the Xten are almost exactly the same as a G20 despite having a 5" barrel. Sig placed the breech of the barrel farther back (towards the grip) and kept the overall length same as the G20. It's a pleasure to shoot, except for two things. The slide lock and the magazines.

The ambi slide lock on the Xten protrudes from the frame on both side so far that I inadvertently hit it during recoil and lock the slide back. Sig makes a slimmer version, which I installed, and it still protrudes enough that I still accidentally hit it. Even with conscious thought about keeping my thumbs out of the way. The second issue are the magazines. Sig says they hold 15, but good luck getting that last 15th round in them.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Great info, thanks guys. I've been leaning towards the XTEN for a while, just gonna have to give it a try.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Nope.

All I know is I shot my Fusion arms 1911 last weekend, and formed an opinion.

That is I don’t like factory (sig fmj) loads in that platform. They bit with the sharp edges. Pretty spicy.

Now I like the 200 bear load from HSM? They were tolerable. The more pleasant load was the Sinterfire 125 grain frangible loads. Pleasant.

I will use the 180’s in my Glock 20.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I've been shooting mine lately. Was going to dump the G20, didn't like the trigger or accuracy. No takers. But it was more reliable than the Smith. Decided to dump it instead. No takers. Started banging away again with pretty stout Magtech 180. No problems at all! I did have to file the front sight down a bit. The 2.0's seem to be pretty good pistols. I got the 40, on sale like the 10mm, and never a singly issue. The 10mm isn't much bigger. Much easier to take down than Glock. More accurate. Not as heavy which, I don't know from time to time, but seems to recoil more and the rough texturing isn't as comfortable as Glock rubber.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
] Much easier to take down than Glock. .

Perhaps I misunderstood your post. I agree with most of it, but easier to take down than a Glock? Um no. The Smith requires a tool, which it comes with in the backstop of the grip, and requires moving an internal lever, and external lever, then removing the slide. On the Glock, pulls the slide release buttons down and remove the slide. No tool or levers needed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.