Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Jeez this is going to be bad. Sounds like jihad to me.

LOL

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Angus, good luck to you on your surgery tomorrow, you have our prayers. Glad to hear the fire missed you. Pretty sure it missed my friends ranch at Mobeetie. I bet his uncles place at Allison got at least partially hit though.

My boys are with Wellington VFD, I talked to one of them at lunch today, the middle one. He farms from Quail up through the McLean area. When they started on the fire last night they were with Shamrock, Memphis, and Samnorwood depts, 12 trucks running together with tanker support. About midnight Shamrock and Memphis headed in, they had been after it all day I think. Wellington and Samnorwood stayed until about 4am when they got low on diesel. Nozzles were freezing at that point as well. He said that area was in fairly good shape when they left as far as the fire went though, they did lots of good. He said lots of animals burned up and dead on their feet, still running/walking around but no way they would make it. Cows, deer, horses, you name it.

Wind has shifted NE here so taking most of the smoke away from us. I'm sure as you go west from here it is bad.

Widespread rain is what this country needs right now. Maybe, fingers crossed, at least some of the area will get it in the morning.

850K acres, that is over 1300 square miles. I imagine by tonight there will be a much more clear picture of the extent of the damage and what has occurred.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Angus, 12-15 years ago part of my friends ranch at Mobeetie burned. His cattle were OK but his neighbors were not so lucky. I went up there with him the next day to help. We found one of his older neighbors sitting on the county road in his pickup. We stopped to ask him if he was ok, you could tell he was having a hard time processing. Everything he owned was gone. He asked us if we had a gun with us, his had burned in the fire. When we said yes we did, he asked us if we could drive down the road and shoot his horses for him. Of course we did. That whole day, every direction you could hear shot after shot as burned livestock was being put down.

Everywhere, the smell of fire and ash and death.

You are right. Those things stay with you.

Last edited by JTPinTX; 02/28/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JTPinTX
Angus, 12-15 years ago part of my friends ranch at Mobeetie burned. His cattle were OK but his neighbors were not so lucky. I went up there with him the next day to help. We found one of his older neighbors sitting on the county road in his pickup. We stopped to ask him if he was ok, you could tell he was having a hard time processing. Everything he owned was gone. He asked us if we had a gun with us, his had burned in the fire. When we said yes we did, he asked us if we could drive down the road and shoot his horses for him. Of course we did. That whole day, every direction you could hear shot after shot as burned livestock was being put down.

Mercy…………..

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JTPinTX

What a terrible way to go. frown

Over the years, we have had more than one local dairy barn and one hog barn, that I know of, burn down. My Dad was the Fire Chief and cop in our little town and I remember him flying up the road to our house in his squad to get more ammo because pigs were running everywhere, on fire. He said it was one of the worst things he's seen.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Good luck to all. I wish I could send the inch of rain we are getting tonight.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Rooster7, I imagine that was horrible. I heard last night about a show pig breeder up at Canadian that lost their whole operation. House, barn, pigs. They aren't a huge breeder but it was their life. I'm sure that was a pretty rough deal too. The big show pig breeder we know up there made it through ok. Fire was close, but missed the house and barn where the pigs were. They lost a lot of pasture and cattle though.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Tag. I am in and through that area of Texas frequently, and I know some of the good people there. My heart bleeds for them...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Over a million acres now.

1034215 acres on the wildfire size site. Not much containment. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Trucks will start rolling in from all over US with hay, for people that lost feed or pasture, country people are all the same no matter how far, it’s amazing to see how good.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Angus55
Trucks will start rolling in from all over US with hay, for people that lost feed or pasture, country people are all the same no matter how far, it’s amazing to see how good.

I helped with some donations towards that end. Hay is kinda scarce right now too...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I helped with some donations towards that end. Hay is kinda scarce right now too...

A bad dry season, last summer, across a big part of the country is gonna make this worse.

If there's a way or a place to donate someone please post it up

"Chances Will Be Taken"

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by johnw
If there's a way or a place to donate someone please post it up

I was just gonna ask the same question brother.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Just got into hotel by hospital, best weather man I’ve ever saw, says in fire area tomorrow it will be a mix of sleet and rain, not much , but any moisture is God send, Pray for rain to end this.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Done. GOD Bless.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Done. GOD Bless.

Amen! 🙏

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Let’s hope the powers to be are putting all assets on it. 🙏

No, they are being sent to Ukraine.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Just got into hotel by hospital, best weather man I’ve ever saw, says in fire area tomorrow it will be a mix of sleet and rain, not much , but any moisture is God send, Pray for rain to end this.
Praying right now, and they will continue - just wish I had hay I could send.
May our Lord have mercy on all you in, and near, the fire zone. Amen

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dinny
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Backstory?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (257Bob, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 56 invisible), 2,231 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,661
Posts18,493,598
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.