Print Thread
Hop To
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It's cutting the size of the Army.

24,000 US Army positions cut amid recruitment woes

The United States Army is reducing the size of its force by roughly 24,000 troops as the military service continues to struggle to meet recruitment goals.

According to a new document on the structural transformation of the U.S. Army, the decrease in the size of military service is intended to position the Army to be better equipped to fight future wars. While the document outlined multiple ways the Army is planning to invest in a restructuring of the force, it claimed that force reductions were necessary.

“While making these investments and adding formations, the Army must also reduce force structure to protect readiness in light of decreased end strength,” the Army stated. “The Army is currently significantly over-structured, meaning there are not enough soldiers to fill out existing units and organizations.”

The Army announced that while the current structure of the military service is designed to have 494,000 soldiers, the total number of active-duty soldiers is currently 445,000. Based on the restructuring plan, the Army is striving to achieve a goal of 470,000 active-duty troops by Fiscal Year 2029.

American Military News

Well that was easy. I guess.

Last edited by SupFoo; 02/27/24.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=SupFoo[
According to a new document on the structural transformation of the U.S. Army, the decrease in the size of military service is intended to position the Army to be better equipped to fight lose future wars. .[/quote]
Fify

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Why not
Everything else we do is stupid

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yep typical liberal democrat thinking ,if it isnt the way you want it to be ,just change the definition of it . Just like inflation numbers is this ,without fuel or food cost ,ect, ect,ect, .cant recruit new troops .we reducing the troop numbers problem solved and not our fault nobody joining ..

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just like radically lowering the standards to get a high school diploma results in a higher graduation rate. See how that works?

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
See it in all sectors…when I worked for GM if too many parts were falling out of tolerance, they opened up the tolerances

Mathew 22: 37-39

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's about par for them. Ignore the cause of the problem and adjust to suit the problem you created.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
With the latest War here and there we should be increasing our strength not reduce it.

SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
You don't need a large standing Army just to be vaporized by nukes.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Probably the plan is to place those jobs in Army Reserve or NG units. Our state has a some NG units that are for processing and guarding POWs.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Patriotism is one of the primary motivations for joining the military. Love of country was a great motivator. Consider Pat Tillman, putting a lucrative career in football aside in order to serve his nation!
But the mask is off now. Most patriotic people recognize now that the US government is the greatest threat to America and our way of life.
I swore an oath to defend the Constitution. The government no longer believes in the Constitution.
For 15 years after my ETS, I tried to encourage young people to join. I thought it helped me to be a better man, and I considered it a cornerstone to a good future.
I now know better. There’s no way I would encourage military service for anyone.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Typical Democrat reaction, when you fail just lower the bar.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by cra1948
See it in all sectors…when I worked for GM if too many parts were falling out of tolerance, they opened up the tolerances
Ya, and that shît used to piss me the fųck off. Dayshift wouldn't turn it over to maintenance to get the problem fixed, they'd run it all day just to get their production numbers. I'd walk in on second shift, they'd be on my azz expecting me to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off fixing the problem. Of course they'd charge the downtime to maintenance...

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Now they can divert those military funds to give more benefits to the illegal aliens. Its all good, right?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Patriotism is one of the primary motivations for joining the military. Love of country was a great motivator. Consider Pat Tillman, putting a lucrative career in football aside in order to serve his nation!
But the mask is off now. Most patriotic people recognize now that the US government is the greatest threat to America and our way of life.
I swore an oath to defend the Constitution. The government no longer believes in the Constitution.
For 15 years after my ETS, I tried to encourage young people to join. I thought it helped me to be a better man, and I considered it a cornerstone to a good future.
I now know better. There’s no way I would encourage military service for anyone.
Reon

Ironic that Tilman, a wonderful brave talentedyoung man, was killed by American troops. The army tried and tried cover up that major phug up

The good patriotic athletic young males are now finally waking up to the military service scam and avoiding service

Last edited by ribka; 02/28/24.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well, now we can cut their budget by $1.2 billion; the cost savings of what those 24k people would cost.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wow, thinking outside the box. Is this the same guy who thought the Marines didn’t need tanks or snipers?

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
1984 math

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Typical Democrat reaction, when you fail just lower the bar.
And then any idiot can waltz right in.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,443
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.