Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It’s an unusual trigger, short reset, some extra springs, very low pull weight. It makes the rifle very easy to fire rapidly. Close but I think better than the G super dynamic.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
It’s an unusual trigger, short reset, some extra springs, very low pull weight. It makes the rifle very easy to fire rapidly. Close but I think better than the G super dynamic.
Ah. Fast to fire. Not fast lock time. Thanks. Always looking for speedier lock time. I can fire as fast as need be with any AR trigger made. Thanks for the reply

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just ordered a SSA-E from Midway for $220 + free shipping for my 300BLK SBR. Should be an upgrade to the heavy 2 stage PSA trigger.
Seems expensive considering I only paid $115 for the complete lower, but I'm sure will be worth the upgrade.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don’t know, a good trigger is a big deal to many. I would say worth it.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Just ordered a SSA-E from Midway for $220 + free shipping for my 300BLK SBR. Should be an upgrade to the heavy 2 stage PSA trigger.
Seems expensive considering I only paid $115 for the complete lower, but I'm sure will be worth the upgrade.

Currently on sale at DVOR for 160, free ship with code prezfre, if you want to deal with optics planet.

https://www.dvor.com/geissele-super-semi-automatic-enhanced-trigger-ssa-e.html

IC B2

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I have an older (probably 17 years old) Jewel in my 22 ARC, a JP installed by JP (probably 20 years ago) in my Large Pin Colt Carbine, and FOUR Stern Defense Two Stage Cassette Triggers with the Lite Springs installed by Stern in my 300 HAM'R, 204 Ruger, 6.5 Grendel, and 5.56 Target Rifle. The Stern Triggers are all right at 2.5 pounds. The Stern Defense Triggers are set up out of the box as Pistol Caliber Carbine Triggers, however with the Lite Spring (Provided) they have made very nice AR Rifle Cartridge Triggers. So far no issues with any of them. If doing another build today, I would buy another Stern Defense Trigger.

Now days we have lots of Triggers to chose from. I am sure that several mentioned above would work for me. I know the Stern Defense Triggers work well, so I will stay with them, until I have a reason to try something else.

Note: The 22 ARC is the third build on the Rock River "Matched Set" Upper & Lower with the Jewel Trigger. It had a 5.56 Krieger Barrel First build, then a White Oak 204 Ruger Barrel second build. I ended up building new AR's using the 5.56 Krieger, and the 204 Barrel using the Stern Defense Triggers. I do not notice any difference in the triggers between the Jewel and the Stern Defense.

Bob R

Last edited by Viper225; 02/26/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just purchased 2 Trigger Tech duty 3.5 lb single stage on Primary Arms for 99 each. GREAT triggers

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

That is expensive. They tend to go on sale for quite a bit less than that from time to time. However, you could buy a MBT2S or Rock River (RRA) 2 stage varmint match for much less (around $90) and have a great trigger. You could also do like montanaman suggested and buy a Geiselle G2s and put a lighter spring it in it. After reading through this thread, and you still buy a SSA-E, there's something wrong there.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I have one of the RRA varmint match triggers in one of my rifles, and it's a nice trigger, although I still prefer the Geissele SSA-E which I also believe is more durable. Usually you can get the SSA-E's for around $150 on sale.

But if you're looking to keep cost down the RRA varmint match is a good choice.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
You could check out Velocity triggers as well. They feel good and are around $100 depending on model.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Most of you guys are more charitable than I am. I'm frigging sick of 3-4lb triggers. I'm swapping all my non HyperFire ones to the newer Trigger Tech Diamond. No reason to shoot over a 1.5lb trigger ever, IMO. And a Mil-Spec 7lb POS.??...don't even get me started...

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I did one of these. ONe of the best decisions I have ever made. 3.5 lbs for $99. What is there not to like ?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026745886?pid=599930

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bowfisher
Most of you guys are more charitable than I am. I'm frigging sick of 3-4lb triggers. I'm swapping all my non HyperFire ones to the newer Trigger Tech Diamond. No reason to shoot over a 1.5lb trigger ever, IMO. And a Mil-Spec 7lb POS.??...don't even get me started...
Well most of us shoot 2 stage triggers that have a 2 lb take up and at the wall another 1.5-2.5lb release, much safer. High power rules dictate 4.5 lbs so there is that and most 1.5 lb triggers wind up doubling on me cause I have dead fingers.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Ahh, not into the competitions, that makes sense. And if you have dexterity issues, that make sense also. I'm glad we have a lot of good choices on the market these days.

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020
I did one of these. ONe of the best decisions I have ever made. 3.5 lbs for $99. What is there not to like ?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026745886?pid=599930

Single stage is a no-go on an AR for me. All of mine have Geissele triggers.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The 4-1/2 lb Service Rifle minimum is a holdover from the M-1/M14 days where going lower than that introduced a very real possibility of doubling or worse.

The first AR Match triggers were based on the M14 design (ie Milazzo-Krieger II and the copycats that followed), thus they had the same tendencies and limitations. I think more engineering has gone into AR triggers since then to produce safe lighter triggers. I've not followed all the advances, but I'm not sure I'd still be comfortable with a single stage AR Trigger lighter than 4lbs. That's asking a lot of a little lip of metal.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
Well most of us shoot 2 stage triggers that have a 2 lb take up and at the wall another 1.5-2.5lb release, much safer. High power rules dictate 4.5 lbs so there is that and most 1.5 lb triggers wind up doubling on me cause I have dead fingers.
I’m sure the huge majority of us are running good 2 stage triggers.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Geissele High Speed with the DMR spring set is my favorite right now and has been for a while.

2 3/4 lbs on the first stage/ 1 lb on the second/overtravel stop combined with the fastest lock time available. That way when I jerk the trigger the AR might go off before it gets to far from my aim point.

It's sort of expensive but for me it's just a part of work so every single AR I use has exactly the same trigger pull. Much easier with with an adjustable trigger to get exactly the same action in many different ARs.

My solution might not be the best for everyone but I do think one should try and keep the trigger action as close as possible across every AR they shoot.

Lots of reasonably priced triggers these days that greatly improve on the ol Mil Spec.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have to agree that keeping the triggers the same is a big deal, I started with SSA-E triggers and I have a few of them, picking up a mil spec triggered gun and dry firing it, has you to realize what your used too and not used too could be a problem. Same thing the other way, I have one gun with a hyper fire in it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bowmanh
I have one of the RRA varmint match triggers in one of my rifles, and it's a nice trigger, although I still prefer the Geissele SSA-E which I also believe is more durable. Usually you can get the SSA-E's for around $150 on sale.

But if you're looking to keep cost down the RRA varmint match is a good choice.
Rock River 2 stage match is equal to Gissele except not as nicely made. I have thousands of rounds on one. They used to be found cheap also. With the Gissele prices some are posting they might not be anymore.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 02bfishn, 1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,724
Posts18,475,806
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.