S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I know it sounds silly but get checked for sleep apnea

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I've regrown my hair since I got on Finasteride a year ago. My hair line is just about back to normal.

PPP (please post pics) if you grow boobs...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had a HOLeP a week ago, no pain afterwards (other than burning pee) very little bleeding. I had been in full retention for over a year, having to self catheter five times a day. I’m 72, and had prostate issues since I was in my 30’s.

The tissue came back negative for cancer. I was very hesitant but it’s worked out so far.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When my PSA numbers went up I started taking saw palmetto without saying anything to my doctor. Next appointment my numbers were down and I was sleeping and peeing better. When I told him I was taking it he was kinda pissed, not because I was taking it but because I didn't mention it to him. He said "it will lower your numbers" and he needs to know what I'm talking. All that to say it's working for me.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You might find this hard to believe, but I saw a infomercial for this product called Ideal Prostrate. Honestly, it has worked for me really good. I was having problems nor they're much improved.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just reading this thread makes me want to go pee.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stand up. Everyone is longer laying down

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Good luck👍

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickinTN
Hello all,
I have such an enlarged Prostate that I can’t get more than about an hour and 15 minutes sleep at a time at night. My prostrate is encroaching on my bladder thus reducing the volume it holds. I’m taking .4 mg Tamsulosen 2x a day and Finasterude once a day. My Urologist says they are “ throwing the book at me”. I tried some Saw Palmetto but ran out before I could tell for certain there were any benefits. I’m sure at least some of my friends here have been where I am. Have you found a natural treatment/remedy which works? I would love to have a normal nights’ sleep.
Thanks for any help you can offer,
Rick
Get a new urologist this guy is an idiot. Your prostate will never encroach on your bladder and does not reduce the amount it will hold.

Run to a new urologist. Now.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by RAM
Hello all,
I have such an enlarged Prostate that I can’t get more than about an hour and 15 minutes sleep at a time at night. My prostrate is encroaching on my bladder thus reducing the volume it holds. I’m taking .4 mg Tamsulosen 2x a day and Finasterude once a day. My Urologist says they are “ throwing the book at me”. I tried some Saw Palmetto but ran out before I could tell for certain there were any benefits. I’m sure at least some of my friends here have been where I am. Have you found a natural treatment/remedy which works? I would love to have a normal nights’ sleep.
Rick
Get a new urologist this guy is an idiot. Your prostate will never encroach on your bladder and does not reduce the amount it will hold.

While true it won’t reduce the volume of the bladder, a large median lobe of the prostate can encroach the bladder. It acts as a ball valve. You can try drugs, but they don’t work well for that particular issue.

IC B3

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Originally Posted by RAM
Hello all,
Rick

While true it won’t reduce the volume of the bladder, a large median lobe of the prostate can encroach the bladder. It acts as a ball valve. You can try drugs, but they don’t work well for that particular issue.
Where do you guys get this sh it from ? Ball valve ?????
The Prostate is a horse collar shaped sphincter muscle The urethra travels from the bladder through the "neckhole" of the horse collar to the tip of your dick. That sphincter opens to unpinch the urethra to drain your bladder. And closed to pinch the urethra shutting the flow from your bladder off. When the Prostate becomes enlarged, it can't open fully, so the bladder doesn't fully empty, meaning a shorter period of time before full again thus up more times to piss at night.
You need to shrink the Prostate and/or enlarge the urethra. Personally I don't do drugs. So its either nutraceuticals or surgery. (Roto router or a stent,/bladder system)

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Originally Posted by RAM
Hello all,
Rick

Where do you guys get this sh it from ? Ball valve ?????
The Prostate is a horse collar shaped sphincter muscle The urethra travels from the bladder through the "neckhole" of the horse collar to the tip of your dick. That sphincter opens to unpinch the urethra to drain your bladder. And closed to pinch the urethra shutting the flow from your bladder off. When the Prostate becomes enlarged, it can't open fully, so the bladder doesn't fully empty, meaning a shorter period of time before full again thus up more times to piss at night.
You need to shrink the Prostate and/or enlarge the urethra. Personally I don't do drugs. So its either nutraceuticals or surgery. (Roto router or a stent,/bladder system)

You might read this.

https://www.bostonscientific.com/en.../importance-of-treating-median-lobe.html

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, the prostate is not a sphincter muscle. If it was, it wouldn't be nearly as susceptible to cancer.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, the prostate is not a sphincter muscle. If it was, it wouldn't be nearly as susceptible to cancer.

The prostate is both a gland and a muscle below the bladder and in front of the rectum in men and people assigned male at birth (AMAB). It consists of connective tissues and glandular tissues. It adds fluid to semen, and its muscles help push semen through your urethra.
There are over 50 distinct types of sphincters in the human body, some of which function involuntarily, some respond to stimuli, and others are controlled voluntarily …

Guess the sphincter in your head is a little too tight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just keep in mind Finasteride will take at least 6 months to have any affect on the prostrate and some have to take it closer to a year for it to have any improvement.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PAE and thank me later.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Take Super Beta Prostate regularly and fire cannon often.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...he-prostate-follow-up-notes#Post18985336

Mine described as massive, kissing lateral lobes, a median lobe protruding into bladder....

Could not be addressed with TURPS or EUROLIFT, and meds were not keeping up.

PM me if you need more...

Last edited by Muffin; 02/29/24.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by smokepole

The prostate is both a gland and a muscle below the bladder and in front of the rectum in men and people assigned male at birth (AMAB).......

LOL, "assigned male at birth (AMAB)." You either wrote that off the top of your head or did a Google cut and paste. It's hard to say which is more pathetic.

And let me repeat, no one defines the prostate as "a sphincter muscle." That's like saying "the heart is a valve." The heart has valves but that doesn't make it a valve.

I can draw a picture if that helps.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Things to avoid if you have BPH...
1. Pseudoephedrine
2. antihistamines
3. coffee + other caffeines (morning is OK, but not after noon if you want to sleep)

oops, I have to head to work. I'll add more info later

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (69sportfury, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,513
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.