Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Are the scope bases mounted backwards? The windage adjustable rear base is on the front instead of the rear….I don’t recall ever seeing a scope mounted that way and was just curious.

That is a nice looking rifle and I bet she’s accurate. 👍🏼
Yes backwards

I like guns | optics | fishing
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Are the scope bases mounted backwards? The windage adjustable rear base is on the front instead of the rear….I don’t recall ever seeing a scope mounted that way

This is actually a pretty common practice, especially on rimfires. Some of the rimfire bases (Leupold, for example) only provide 2 holes for mounting and turning them 180 degrees can provide the required eye relief.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Nice rifle !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[
Originally Posted by dtalbot
Are the scope bases mounted backwards? The windage adjustable rear base is on the front instead of the rear….I don’t recall ever seeing a scope mounted that way

This is actually a pretty common practice, especially on rimfires. Some of the rimfire bases (Leupold, for example) only provide 2 holes for mounting and turning them 180 degrees can provide the required eye relief.

Yes. Exact
Especially on the Abolt lr using Leupold mounts. I would always have to turn the back (windage) base around to be a or to mount the scope. Although Ive never seen them completely reversed. Additionally with Leupold 22 lr bases for the Abolt, I've had enough of them to say they would ship with 3 screws of one length and a longer one that was too long. Ran into multiple times. Leupold eventually sent with the proper screws

Live and die by the Browning...
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I appreciate the responses guys. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that done….on purpose anyway but if everything else is the same (height of front and rear) I can’t imagine it not working. 👍🏼

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
I like Dual Dovetail for this purpose. Would love to have another A-Bolt 22. They are great shooters!

God Bless, Louis

B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Up please

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Very nice Hank! Bump for a nice rifle and a great guy! GLWYS

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
B
B
If that rifle was in 22 WMR I’d take it in a heartbeat.

B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thanks for the kind words
Still available

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by boatboy
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Thank goodness no CA sales, I'd be tempted to buy this!

LOL

That cracks me up
Nothing against the members in CA but my local FFLs most are not certified and those that do hate the red tape
I know there is a huge shooting community there at one time I sold moonclips and honestly 50% went to CA I was amazed

I wish it was easier to trade with CA members not to mention of course always afraid of CA laws spreading

Hank
Actually it is no problem for an individual with out an FFL to ship to an FFL in California . I use Pirate Ship to ship Rifles USPS and save about 40% from taking it into the PO and having them figure out the postage . Regardless of all the complaining about USPS , I have never failed to have a package delivered . Sometimes they take longer than stated , but they always make it to their destination.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

198 members (160user, 12344mag, 35, 2UP, 264mag, 338rcm, 21 invisible), 1,628 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.