Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Sounds like the right way to go

Anoka's Vista Outdoor, which includes Federal ammunition, receives $2.9B acquisition bid
Dallas-based MNC Capital offers $35 a share to acquire all of Vista, including its ammunition and outdoor products businesses.

https://www.startribune.com/vista-o...bid-from-mnc-capital-partners/600347590/

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Regardless of who ends up owning Vista, I don't see Federal remaining in MN. With the dumbo "real sportsmen don't need an AR" crowd, combined with the never ending lead ban crap, why would they stay here? My two cents on Saturday morning.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That would sure save some of Minnesota sorry ass. Federal has provided high quality product and jobs for Minnesotans a long time. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I wonder if this means Jason Vanderbrink can finally take off his vest and hunting pants.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by mnmarlin
Sounds like the right way to go

Anoka's Vista Outdoor, which includes Federal ammunition, receives $2.9B acquisition bid
Dallas-based MNC Capital offers $35 a share to acquire all of Vista, including its ammunition and outdoor products businesses.

https://www.startribune.com/vista-o...bid-from-mnc-capital-partners/600347590/
The Star Tribune (like many newspapers today) is blocking the article with a subscription sign up page. Can you repost with an unblocked link, or just copy and paste the text of the article? Thanks.

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Here you go:

Federal ammunition and the rest of Anoka-based Vista Outdoor are in play again.

The company said Friday that it has received a $2.9 billion offer from Dallas-based MNC Capital Partners, which would compete with an existing deal with a Czech company.

In October, Vista said it was selling the century-old Federal and its other ammunitions brands to Czech-based CSG Group for about $1.9 billion. But the deal has come under some scrutiny because it needs approval from the federal Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).

MNC Capital said its acquisition of Vista would have an easier path to completion because it wouldn't need regulatory approval from CFIUS.

Vista said it would respond to MNC's unsolicited bid next week.

MNC's offer of $35 a share includes Vista's outstanding debt.

Vista originally planned to split into two — with the ammunition brands forming the Kinetic Group and remaining headquartered in Anoka. With the CSG deal, Vista still planned to spin the outdoors products businesses into a new public company.

MNC stressed that it is a U.S. business.

"Our proposal would enable the Kinetic Group to stay American-owned with long-term U.S. shareholders aligned with the interests of America's national security, consumers, and international allies," MNC's managing director Mark Gottfredson wrote in the deal letter to Vista.

Gottfredson belonged to Vista's board of directors from 2015 until he resigned on Jan. 15.

In November, another Czech company, Colt CZ, made an unsolicited bid to acquire Vista's entire operation. But the offer was quickly rejected, and Vista continued with the CSG Group deal.

Shares of Vista Outdoor closed Friday at $33.23 a share, up 6.5%.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Nollij
Regardless of who ends up owning Vista, I don't see Federal remaining in MN. With the dumbo "real sportsmen don't need an AR" crowd, combined with the never ending lead ban crap, why would they stay here? My two cents on Saturday morning.

Hard to disagree with these comments.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I hear their considering NY ..

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Makes me nervous to have big conglomerates own 90% of the firearms and ammo manufacturing industry.

Some liberal corksucker with billions would buy them just to shut them down forever.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
They own federal and Remington. Am I missing anyone else? Rhat isn't close to 90% of the firearm/ammo market.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
CCI/Speer is another.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Nollij

Hard to disagree with these comments.

Agreed. Federal will be pushed out, dem idealism comes before jobs and industry.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
CCI/Speer is another.

Oh, OK.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
CCI/Speer is another.

Oh, OK.

I don’t know currently but in the past the Anoka facility has run a lot of ammo for other brandnames as a jobber so to speak.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There's a fair sized piece of land off I-22 about 2 miles from me they could put it.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Makes me nervous to have big conglomerates own 90% of the firearms and ammo manufacturing industry.

Some liberal corksucker with billions would buy them just to shut them down forever.

Pretty unavoidable today.

And the only reason they are buying it is with the expectation of it increasing in value, holding it for 3-5 years & selling again for a nice profit.

It's the way of private equity business.

Ask me how I know..........

MM

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That is exactly what happened to Remington before their latest owner.mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yahoo Finance has more detail posted, series of communications.

Punch Line: "We expect to be in a position to respond to MNC's proposal next week."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mnc-capital-submits-proposal-acquire-144100168.html

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The more of the gun and ammo industry that moves out of damyankeeland the better. Phugg those azzoles with a dry corncob!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Four 22 rimfire makers in the US? Vista owns 3 of them.

Five primer makers in the US? Vista owns 3 of them.

Letting a foreign company buy Vista might be fine. Or it could go to hell in a second. A huge potential threat to the American shooter, maybe the country. Chicken little maybe, but the odds aren't pretty.

On a personal standpoint, I don't care as I'm set. But I do care about the future of certain things

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,283
Posts18,505,139
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.