Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Where the hell seafire go?

He must be talking to Sal’s wife.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He has been fighting one of those 60 pound Pike for the last 4 days.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ya, wondering how a Perch thread is still on the front page, Now I see,

Alrighty then, The internet, Fantasy island.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Rooster7
38" 16 - 18 lbs. Can't recall.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That looks way bigger than 18.

I honestly don't recall. Maybe that was the 40" that went just under 20.

Or maybe I need a new GD scale! lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I got these two on a size 12 bucktail caddis tipped with a mealworm.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Nice fish Pharmseller. I would have guessed that got them on a poodle ears nymph.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I had one bust me off on a gold ribbed hare’s ear bead head about 20 minutes prior so I changed my tippet and went a little bigger.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I've caught more s. H itt on accident than most of you clowns have caught on purpose.
Just keeping it real...🤣🤣🤣

You're a damned legend-- in your own mind-- and more wrong than you realize, but your ego prevents you from recognizing it.

Please do post up some more long-arming hero shots, though. They really do make everyone's day and hundreds here are simply green with envy. I know I lose a lot of sleep over not being you.

Might I suggest the next bunch have you bare chested while you're thrusting a fish into the lens as far as you can reach? The gang here will go nuts when you share those! All hail Sal!

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
42", 22 lbs.

Caught during a walleye tournament, biggest northern of the day, $800.

I have got 5 that size, most thru the ice. Can't seem to jump to the next level. Some day maybe.

Beautiful coloring on the fish, long arm and all...

It's my "high" long arm!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
I've caught more s. H itt on accident than most of you clowns have caught on purpose.

You're a damned legend-- in your own mind-- and more wrong than you realize, but your ego prevents you from recognizing it.

Please do post up some more long-arming hero shots, though. They really do make everyone's day and hundreds here are simply green with envy. I know I lose a lot of sleep over not being you.

Might I suggest the next bunch have you bare chested while you're thrusting a fish into the lens as far as you can reach? The gang here will go nuts when you share those! All hail Sal!

I love it when guys make claims like this, either fishing or hunting. “I’ve killed/caught more deer/elk/fish than most of you have ever seen” is my favorite.

If you really have, you don’t make the claim.

Edit to add, I catch a lot of fish but it’s a drop in the bucket compared to the guys who really know what they’re doing.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I saw this was still on the first page and wondered, How the hell is a pike eating a perch still on page 1?

Now I know😂
that's kind of what I was thinking so I finally read some of this thread.. all I can think of is the good old tall fishing tales .. you know the one that got away.

pretty sure I've never even seen a northern pike in the wild anyway maybe an aquarium? sounds like they would just eat everything else in the aquarium..?

probably never fished water is that even were inhabited by northern pike

one question are they good to eat or kind of like gar you got to know exactly how to fix them and they're really bony,?

Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
KP had a couple lakes get rotenone treatment to remove the pike. Invasive here and hell on salmon.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ldholton
I saw this was still on the first page and wondered, How the hell is a pike eating a perch still on page 1?

Now I know😂
that's kind of what I was thinking so I finally read some of this thread.. all I can think of is the good old tall fishing tales .. you know the one that got away.

pretty sure I've never even seen a northern pike in the wild anyway maybe an aquarium? sounds like they would just eat everything else in the aquarium..?

one question are they good to eat or kind of like gar you got to know exactly how to fix them and they're really bony,?

these questions inspired me to do the work at Google.

did not realize northern pike or native down to the central part of Missouri and not all that far north of me. but just a hair north of me they actually used to stock Northern Pike in Stockton lake I guess.. color me surprised
then I came across this video about Ozark Pike and found an article too..

https://1source.basspro.com/news-tips/pike/4555/ozark-pike

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O

Now I know😂

They are excellent to eat, particularly from northern, colder waters. Takes just a bit more work to fillet them bone free but well worth the extra effort.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Osky

Now I know😂

They are excellent to eat, particularly from northern, colder waters. Takes just a bit more work to fillet them bone free but well worth the extra effort.

Osky

Huge differences in eating quality based on the water they live in. Clear cold water they are fine... most of Alaska has tea-stained bog water and they taste as muddy as most catfish...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Iron bender that surprises me as I would have thought that they were native all over Alaska. I’ve caught them in Sw Alaska are they native to that area? Idaho has them in Lake Coeur d’Alene but I’m sure they were planted legally or not I don’t know. There is quite the variation in markings from the different pictures posted.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

I got these two on a size 12 bucktail caddis tipped with a mealworm.

P
👍👍

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Iron bender that surprises me as I would have thought that they were native all over Alaska. I’ve caught them in Sw Alaska are they native to that area? Idaho has them in Lake Coeur d’Alene but I’m sure they were planted legally or not I don’t know. There is quite the variation in markings from the different pictures posted.

The story as I heard it, a couple of guys loaded up the floats on their planes and took them places they didn't belong.

I think pike are very good eating for a freshwater fish.

Unlike grayling, freezing doesn't affect their taste as much.

Pretty good pickled as well, the Y bones are a pain, the bigger they are the easier they are to deal with. Hammer handles are downright awful.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Nestucca

The pike on the KP were definitely non-native and introduced. F&G treated several lakes and interconnected lake systems to rid them. It’s believed other areas have had enough time to establish pike-salmon symbiosis, not present on the KP.
Here is a F&G map of their normal range. The spot on the KP I’ve not heard of pike still being present.

[Linked Image from adfg.alaska.gov]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

I'd like to hear what longarm has to say about this.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (10Glocks, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1badf350, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 16,818 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,188
Posts18,543,322
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.