-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is fascinatingly fhuqking HILARIOUS,how Brokedick Whining Professional Victims concoct their Delusions. Pardon my having a fair to middlin' part time job,while you extoll your VERY well founded Brokedick Insecurities. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Arken returned my warranty request with a troubleshooting list of a few things to try. Also suggested I buy their rings???

Why is it called a double u, should'nt it be called a double v?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Supertrucker
Arken returned my warranty request with a troubleshooting list of a few things to try.

What things? Really curious!
Never heard of your issue B4.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Fotis
Arken returned my warranty request with a troubleshooting list of a few things to try.

What things? Really curious!
Never heard of your issue B4.

Kyle, It sounds like you're experiencing issues with the parallax adjustment knob on your EPL-4 scope when mounted using non-Arken rings. While using Arken rings may potentially alleviate the problem, it's important to troubleshoot the issue further to determine the root cause and find a suitable solution.
Here are a few steps you can take:
Verify Mounting Alignment: Ensure that the scope is mounted correctly and aligned with the rifle's bore axis. Misalignment can cause binding and stiffness in adjustment knobs. Double-check the alignment by using a scope leveling tool.
Inspect Mounting Hardware: Check the mounting hardware (screws, bases, rings) for any defects, damage, or inconsistencies. Make sure all components are clean, properly seated, and tightened to the recommended torque specifications.
Review Scope Clearance: Confirm that there is sufficient clearance between the scope and the rifle's receiver, barrel, and other components. Insufficient clearance can cause interference and binding when adjusting the parallax knob.
Test Parallax Adjustment Off-Rifle: Remove the scope from the rifle and test the parallax adjustment knob off-rifle to isolate whether the issue persists regardless of mounting. If the knob still feels stiff or catches when turned off-rifle, it may indicate an internal issue with the scope itself.
I would recommend getting a set of our rings as they will fit more precisely with this optic.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
In other words, 30mm may not be actually 30mm. So, you have to use their rings that are the same "size".

Makes perfect sense.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reviewing orders,I've only purchased/received 17 sets of their rings thus far,though more are in the Mail headed this way. Never an issue and I rather like them. Hint.

Just sayin'.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wish I could find out if the LH4 is any good or not. Ordered in early December and have not seen it yet. So much for 4-6 weeks.......

Will piss me off if the 30mm scope does not fit 30mm rings that I already own.

Last edited by centershot; 03/04/24.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nobody cares who didn't have an issue. This dude has an issue. Either help him, or stop wasting bandwidth.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have one, in their rings, and it's a pretty good scope, especially for the money.

Mine has the VHR reticle, and I have another on order with the VPR reticle.

All things being equal, I'd prefer the VPR with the "Christmas tree" reticle for my 22 LR.

Originally Posted by centershot
Wish I could find out if the LH4 is any good or not. Ordered in early December and have not seen it yet. So much for 4-6 weeks.......

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Pretty easy to pull the scope and see if the issue persists when the scope is not mounted. I have several of the Arkens and have for the most part been happy with them. I would like to know if the problem is consistent whether mounted or loose.

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Correction: (19) sets,just ordered two more. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I have 3 Arken ELP-4's. One is in a set of Arken rings, One is in Vortex rings, and one is in a set of Sports Match TO84 rings. Mine fit perfectly in 30MM rings with no problems.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by pavementends
Pretty easy to pull the scope and see if the issue persists when the scope is not mounted. I have several of the Arkens and have for the most part been happy with them. I would like to know if the problem is consistent whether mounted or loose.

Just got home and put said scope into Seekins rings and not on rifle. With screws hand tight, the parallax worked fine. At 18 in/pds, the parallax would only move 1/4 turn. Un did the screws and re-torqued to 10 in/pds and parallax gained another 1/8 turn. It seems to be the ring closest to the Objective that is causing the issue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spacing is a thing.

I try to get the rings as far away from the center adjustments as possible, and not too near the rear adjustments either.

Rings too close to any adjustable part of the scope are always a problem for me.

John Stark.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Spacing is a thing.

I try to get the rings as far away from the center adjustments as possible, and not too near the rear adjustments either.

Rings too close to any adjustable part of the scope are always a problem for me.

I’ve mounted the rings all the way against the bell housing and the front one up against the power selector and vice versa and I get the same results. I really want to like this scope. Never had an issue like this with any scope.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
dial caliper on the main tube at various places. If it is any larger than 1.1811", there is the problem.

Last edited by KenMi; 03/04/24.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Send it back. Website says lifetime warranty.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d move the back one away from the power selector about 1/2”

That’s an area sensitive to clamping

See if that works.

Originally Posted by David_Walter
Spacing is a thing.

I’ve mounted the rings all the way against the bell housing and the front one up against the power selector and vice versa and I get the same results. I really want to like this scope. Never had an issue like this with any scope.

John Stark.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Like my 4-16x alot. Adjustments are accurate, linear, repeatable.....if not as metal-click loud. I have it mounted in some no-name 30mm rings, cuz I'm cheap. Working fine. That said, the Arken rings are very nice.

Used the LH again last night for pigeon work before we went thermal for rats.

Birds do not like my Arken scopes, no misses.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Send the damn thing back. It is not right and you should not have to put up with it's idiosyncrasies.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (44mc, 35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 15 invisible), 1,520 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,950
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.