Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Hi Mike,

I’m also in ID. I’m aware of their service and have spoken to them about it, but can’t remember offhand if we can ship handguns too or just long guns?

Thx,
Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
What you have explained is clear. But seems very out of the ordinary given my discussions with SMG. I had a similar question to SMG as aboltfan as recently as two weeks ago and when I asked SMG do you call the destination FFL to verify their fll they stated no as they already have it on file and that you as the seller do need to call the ffl and make sure they will accept the package for delivery but they do not contact the destination ffl.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
akbob,

Yes you can ship handguns - mine have run me $35-44 depending on insurance and weight.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Shipped more than two dozen with them and saved a substantial amount of money. Best way to ship for me.

Same here. It's the only way I ship guns. Never had a problem.

If your receiving FFL is not on there drop down list you have to email them a copy of the FFL. They update the list twice a week.

Its a simple process. Fill out info online and purchase your shipping label. Print out the label, Box up the gun, slap on the label. Drop off the gun at a UPS hub. No questions asked.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
akbob,

Yes you can ship handguns - mine have run me $35-44 depending on insurance and weight.

I thought so. Thanks for the swift reply! Hope you’re staying off the roads, or at least the freeway today!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tag

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
How does SMG verify the serial no. and gun info so they can enter it into their logs? When I discussed shipping with my local FFL, he said I had to bring in the gun 'unboxed', so he could verify the serial no. and enter it into and out of his log book. That meant I would have to finish 'packing' it at his shop.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
They don't. SMG never takes possession of the gun.

Read the above posts on the process. You are simply just using SMGs UPS account and they have worked out an agreement with UPS that they are validating that the destination address is an actual current ffl. SMG provides you as shipping label via email and you take it directly to a UPS customer service center, not a ups store. UPS Customer Service Centers are UPS "depot" locations.

Last edited by Mike_Dettorre; 03/04/24.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Has anyone had an insurance claim? If so, how was it handled?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thanks Mike, I understand now.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Snowewolfe,

Never made an insurance claim. But it understanding the way the transaction is occurring; i.e., that I am buying under Ship My Gun's UPS account, I would strongly suspect that an insurance claim is going to be subject to the same issue that other UPS insurance claims are subject to.

That being said Ship My Guns website implies that they might lend a little assistance. I think I will call them tomorrow to see if I can find out what if any support Ship My Gun provides.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Interesting I just called SMG and they said that if there is a problem and you bought insurance from from SMG when you set up the shipment that the claim needs to be filed with SMG and they will initiate and process the claim. Better than what I expected the response to be. Don't know if outcomes would be any better but sounds like you are not completely on your own with UPS.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mike,
Had two friends who tried to collect insurance claims from UPS in the past. Both had to consult with attorneys before UPS would pay. One guy had UPS package the rifle and UPS denied the broken stock claim stating it wasn't packaged correctly. Curious if UPS has improved their customer service.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have been using them for years without issue. Very easy to do as well.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
tag

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I’ve used them and have been very pleased, sometimes it does take a little longer for them to confirm everything with the FFL you’re sending the rifle to.I do understand it can take time, but would definitely save you 40+% shipping through them vrs other routes

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have used them 5-6 times without a problem. SMG is part of Buds. I bought a shotgun from Buds last month and it was defective. They sent me a label to send it back and refunded me 100% of my payment

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

432 members (1Longbow, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,331
Posts18,526,672
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.