Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Only states I would consider are Alaska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Montana, and Idaho. Of all the states I previously lived in, Colorado and Pennsylvania and Washington I absolutely detest due to the taxes and politics.
That explains a lot. Anyway, I hope you find what you want and vote accordingly in East TN. That’s some fine land out there.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Nothing east of the Great Divide

Nothing west of Nevada

So that leaves UT...NV...MT...AZ...WY...all GTG

I'd add Idaho to that list...crud, I'm only a couple miles away.

I'm ok to visit on the east side of the divide but only a visit. Mountains, desert, conservative values & not too many people.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The west coast WAS awesome but it was destroyed by the liberals and doesn’t resemble anything like the place where I grew up. California was as close to the Garden of Eden as anyplace on earth with a year round growing season, high snow covered mountains, raging rivers, clean clear lakes and a trillion miles of ocean front. Nowadays it more resembles Somalia than anything in North America.

I have to be close to saltwater and I have to be away from tons of people. Good hunting, good fishing without oppressive heat…and not many people are what I’d consider perfect (for me).

Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, the Dakotas would be great but the saltwater fishing sucks…. otherwise I’d consider any of those states. I knew where I wanted to live when I was in elementary school but my attachment to my big family kept me grounded. It wasn’t until 20+ years ago when this state really took a nose dive and it’s only picked up steam as it races towards the bottom. I’ve been planning my escape for a couple decades but it’s FINALLY begun to take shape.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
After last summer’s heat, I’m rethinking my move back here to Sweet Home. Now overrun with Groids and the worst drivers outside of Italy. Eastern Washington and the Idaho panhandle looking pretty good now.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
If youve lived in the South around tons of groids, I could make anything work almost.

Except for extreme Northeastern states

You’ll never earn your chevrons until you have >30% negro in your city-county-state. Alla this “never been east of Pocatello”…..eat a dick tiddy baby
You have such a way with words.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

I wish Oregon people would just stay in Oregon and the same said for CA & WA State people. Those people, their culture, their politics belong to them and the rest of us middle finger salute you. "You're welcome to visit us but please don't stay."

"There are no shortcuts in BPCR Silhouette match shooting"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Number one on anyone's list should be New Jersey, Most states have a least one redeeming quality. Not Jersey. That being said . I am convinced life is better for me where I am , no stress , less people and plenty of hunting and fishing, though I do wish there were more panfish to eat............
Well, they do have the Pine Barrens there. It's kind of a redeeming quality.
And as I recall, some decent salt water fishing.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RB1Shooter
I wish Oregon people would just stay in Oregon and the same said for CA & WA State people. Those people, their culture, their politics belong to them and the rest of us middle finger salute you. "You're welcome to visit us but please don't stay."

I show up there Ima shoot alla your elk.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Having lived on both coasts,NW PA, in the SW, and in AK for a year I can say it sure would have been more interesting to read "Why" some of you folks wouldn't live in certain places.

I "would never" choose to live down south due to the humidity. I like to feel dry when I get out of the shower, not start instantly sweating. Not needing A/C when it's only 80-85F ( or even 90F) is a blessing I really enjoy. I might be able to handle the Piedmont areas of some of the coastal states like NC and VA. Relatives there tell me it's not too hot when it is humid and the mountains (such as they are at only around 6000' feet) help.

Portions of TX would probably be OK humidity wise, but there's the dearth of public lands there so TX by choice would likely be out of the question.

The upper Midwest, starting around Kansas is boring, flat, and mostly too crowded for me. The weather sucks worse than it does here, the humidity gets too high at times, there's friggen tornadoes, too much boring flat land farming. Probably wouldn't choose to live there.

ND, SD, CO, NM, while they have decent amount of public land and aren't "flat" like the Midwest probably not suitable due to the lack of access to an ocean without an even longer drive than here. CO and NM are rapidly becoming as f'd up politically as where we are now, and dang near as expensive to buy property in many of the nicer places from what I've heard. Probably wouldn't choose any of those 4.

MT and WY would be good candidates if I weren't married. I can survive and enjoy basically any of the weather most of those two would throw at me, most of the time. The windier areas of WY could suck badly though. I enjoy the wind to a point, just as I enjoy rain to a point, but not every friggen day.

Relatives in AZ, those in the mountains and those in the desert are both not happy with the way that State is becoming crowded and changing politically. I lived there, in both parts, for the better part of 7 years and love AZ as it fits most of my desires. Lots of public land, fishing and hunting for a large variety of game and types of fish , excellent weather even at 7000', not too terribly far from an ocean (Mexico or SoCal), decent Mexican food, still not too terribly crowded but becoming more so as I type, and it's fairly near to a majority of my close relatives.

I could probably do AK again, the wife not so much. Cross that one off as long as I'm still married.

OR, WA, NorCal interiors are nice weather wise, public land availability, lack of crowds, etc, but we all know they are run by the big cities as far as laws go. I am surviving the best I can here, but get more anxious every day. Knowing our local Sheriff has our back for the most part helps, he's not committing resources to enforcing anti 2A laws, they exist but he's not pushing for arrests.

Coastal OR, WA, and NorCal have way too much rain for me. Some places in NorCal are over 60" rain since 1 Oct, coastal OR and WA worse I bet. I don't like wearing rain gear that much. Did it for a living a few times and it's not my preference just to get outdoors.

SoCal, and most of Central CA is out, way too many friggen people, too much traffic, smog, crime etc.

ID, outside of certain metro areas I could probably do ID. Again, the wife probably not.

HI, except for the politics it's kind of a paradise for a guy like me that prefers to live in shorts and sandals (at most) and loves the ocean and fresh seafood and tropical fruits (and bikini clad wimmins). The Big Island would suit me fine for the most part, maybe the public land thing would suck, I'd just go spear some fish to get over it I think, or find a place to hunt pigs or turkeys. Once again, there's that politics thing though.

I think I left out places like ME, NH, VT etc. Even upstate NY and parts of western MA. I could enjoy parts of living there, great public lands, fishing and stuff, but on a whole it's way too crowded and there's that humidity thing for good portions of the year. And....................politics.

For those of you East of, oh let's say the Front Range ..............................there are no real mountains back there, especially in States like OH or PA. Granted there are some steep places but a lot of us Out West live at elevations considered the lowlands in our area that are well above the highest points in your States and we generally have access close by to real mountains much higher than where we live. Even our deserts have taller mountains than anywhere east of the Mississippi River. And for some of us, not having mountains is a strange, strange concept.

Beware of where you choose to call home, unless you're an old fart like me and even then nothing is certain, the place you choose is likely to change dramatically in a few years.

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
If youve lived in the South around tons of groids, I could make anything work almost.

You’ll never earn your chevrons until you have >30% negro in your city-county-state. Alla this “never been east of Pocatello”…..eat a dick tiddy baby

What about 50% Injun?

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Having lived on both coasts,NW PA, in the SW, and in AK for a year I can say it sure would have been more interesting to read "Why" some of you folks wouldn't live in certain places.

I "would never" choose to live down south due to the humidity. I like to feel dry when I get out of the shower, not start instantly sweating. Not needing A/C when it's only 80-85F ( or even 90F) is a blessing I really enjoy. I might be able to handle the Piedmont areas of some of the coastal states like NC and VA. Relatives there tell me it's not too hot when it is humid and the mountains (such as they are at only around 6000' feet) help.

Portions of TX would probably be OK humidity wise, but there's the dearth of public lands there so TX by choice would likely be out of the question.

The upper Midwest, starting around Kansas is boring, flat, and mostly too crowded for me. The weather sucks worse than it does here, the humidity gets too high at times, there's friggen tornadoes, too much boring flat land farming. Probably wouldn't choose to live there.

ND, SD, CO, NM, while they have decent amount of public land and aren't "flat" like the Midwest probably not suitable due to the lack of access to an ocean without an even longer drive than here. CO and NM are rapidly becoming as f'd up politically as where we are now, and dang near as expensive to buy property in many of the nicer places from what I've heard. Probably wouldn't choose any of those 4.

MT and WY would be good candidates if I weren't married. I can survive and enjoy basically any of the weather most of those two would throw at me, most of the time. The windier areas of WY could suck badly though. I enjoy the wind to a point, just as I enjoy rain to a point, but not every friggen day.

Relatives in AZ, those in the mountains and those in the desert are both not happy with the way that State is becoming crowded and changing politically. I lived there, in both parts, for the better part of 7 years and love AZ as it fits most of my desires. Lots of public land, fishing and hunting for a large variety of game and types of fish , excellent weather even at 7000', not too terribly far from an ocean (Mexico or SoCal), decent Mexican food, still not too terribly crowded but becoming more so as I type, and it's fairly near to a majority of my close relatives.

I could probably do AK again, the wife not so much. Cross that one off as long as I'm still married.

OR, WA, NorCal interiors are nice weather wise, public land availability, lack of crowds, etc, but we all know they are run by the big cities as far as laws go. I am surviving the best I can here, but get more anxious every day. Knowing our local Sheriff has our back for the most part helps, he's not committing resources to enforcing anti 2A laws, they exist but he's not pushing for arrests.

Coastal OR, WA, and NorCal have way too much rain for me. Some places in NorCal are over 60" rain since 1 Oct, coastal OR and WA worse I bet. I don't like wearing rain gear that much. Did it for a living a few times and it's not my preference just to get outdoors.

SoCal, and most of Central CA is out, way too many friggen people, too much traffic, smog, crime etc.

ID, outside of certain metro areas I could probably do ID. Again, the wife probably not.

HI, except for the politics it's kind of a paradise for a guy like me that prefers to live in shorts and sandals (at most) and loves the ocean and fresh seafood and tropical fruits (and bikini clad wimmins). The Big Island would suit me fine for the most part, maybe the public land thing would suck, I'd just go spear some fish to get over it I think, or find a place to hunt pigs or turkeys. Once again, there's that politics thing though.

I think I left out places like ME, NH, VT etc. Even upstate NY and parts of western MA. I could enjoy parts of living there, great public lands, fishing and stuff, but on a whole it's way too crowded and there's that humidity thing for good portions of the year. And....................politics.

For those of you East of, oh let's say the Front Range ..............................there are no real mountains back there, especially in States like OH or PA. Granted there are some steep places but a lot of us Out West live at elevations considered the lowlands in our area that are well above the highest points in your States and we generally have access close by to real mountains much higher than where we live. Even our deserts have taller mountains than anywhere east of the Mississippi River. And for some of us, not having mountains is a strange, strange concept.

Beware of where you choose to call home, unless you're an old fart like me and even then nothing is certain, the place you choose is likely to change dramatically in a few years.

Yeah, what he said^^^

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

What about 50% Injun?
The real problem for me isn't "who" but "how many per sq mile". When any group gets concentrated (as on a Rez or in a ghetto, or a trailer park wink ) they tend to become problematic.

[Linked Image from techglimpse.com]

We're in that really dark area NW a bit of Reno and bit WE of the smaller dot that is Klamath Falls. It's kinda nice out here.

In it is contentment

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Nowhere north of North Carolina, nowhere north of the Ohio River, not California, not Hawaii, Oregon, nor Washington, and probably not New Mexico nor Colorado. It is a shame for some of those states as several have good people and resources, but the politics are unbearable to me. I have traveled to 48 states over the decades and most of them fairly extensively. Of the "lower 48", I admit that I have had very limited travel into Maine and Michigan, but have covered the others fairly extensively. I remember my father and I talking about this very subject a few decades ago and I told him then - 1980's - that I preferred basically either the south or northwest. With the current political trends, I would sadly have to scratch the Pacific coastal states. It's also a shame about Virginia and Maryland politics, but it is what it is. Same with Colorado and New Mexico. I guess I had best pretty much stay in the south. Having said all that, I would really like to check out the southern part of Alaska some day. I suspect that I had better hurry up if I am going to.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
For me it's IDAHO, Montana, ND, SD, Wyoming & Texas. I've never been a hot weather person but after a while I fell in love with Texas & a lot of great people. Have seen a lot of the other states, some I didn't care for but a lot of wonderful people in all of them. I still have military buddies in several of the eastern states, they stick it out so it must be ok, I couldn't live there, I would miss the mountains too much. I'll put up with the cold winters & gladly enjoy the freedoms of Idaho. Enjoy what you have & if you leave don't take your bad habits with you.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I’m still Laughing about Komiefornia resembling Somalia..

Hahahaha Hahahaha

Wait until Ted Curse and DC United get done with their Resettlement Program..

Hahahaha Hahahaha

There ain’t going to be No Where to Hide close to Civilization..

Hahahaha Hee Hee Hee

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I've been to 46 of the states (I still have OR, WA, AK & HI to go). I grew up in the sweltering swamps of south Louisiana so too hot is always an attraction. Anywhere in Dixie gets a thumbs up.

Basically my No-Go zone is mapped out by sticking a pin in OK and going due north to ND and then northeast towards DE. The north central & northeast areas of the country have limited appeal to me. I'd rather hang out along the coast or visit the Rocky Mtn states. The southeast & the west are my preferred areas to spend time.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jetjockey
The poor toothless states. WV, KY, LA, MS, AL, AR, etc.

Good, stay where your at

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
I could live anywhere with decent hunting, good fishing, and good economic opportunities.

What's amazing to me is how many people live in areas, wish for something better, but don't do what they have available. Doers tend to do stuff no matter where they are at. And people who make excuses and don't really get out much do the exact same thing no matter where they are.

Absolutely.

had a lot of fun in WA but when I left realized there was still a lot of stuff I wanted to do and see.

Lived in CO for 5 years. Climbed 14’rs, elk, birds, some great hiking, hunting, fishing trips. When I left I thought about the things I still wanted to do.

There is always something over the horizon, but make sure you do what’s right in front of ya and not just walk by it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ram, I've been to New Hampshire, I'll Take Oklahoma any day, toe licker's and all. Rio7

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 37L1, 35, 23 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,623
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.