-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have at least one of everything they make in mil/Mil,including NV. Pards are good for dozens more and I'm unaware of a single issue and their role is always upon the wares that get flogged the hardest. Their reticles are exceptional,tracking superb,zero retention excellent and they return to zero like they had eyes. Basically everything that my $2000 Reupold MK5 HD isn't. Hint.

Rest assured,if something pukes,it will be more than mentioned in passing. Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Do the LH's have a zero stop and/or locking turrets? Couldn't find anything on their site.

"Giving freaks a pass is the oldest tradition in Montana."
Thomas McGuane
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
no, just capped turrets

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks!

"Giving freaks a pass is the oldest tradition in Montana."
Thomas McGuane
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve tried everything I can think of still to no avail. I sent an email to Arken stating I’d like to send it back. I received this response:

“ I would recommend getting a set of our rings as they will fit more precisely with this optic”

Last edited by Supertrucker; 03/05/24.

Why is it called a double u, should'nt it be called a double v?
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
The brand of rings used shouldn’t matter at all, unless yours are defective. I would ask if they would send you a complimentary set of Arken rings to try before you utilize their lifetime warranty and request a replacement scope. They shouldn’t give you the run around.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Why didn't they just make a proprietary sized tube, so everyone would have to also use their rings? Seems like they did, somewhat.

That is pathetic customer service if they are suggesting having to buy their rings and saying their scopes may not properly fit other brand rings.

At that point, I'd be bypassing any warranty replacement or repair, and demanding a refund, then moving on to another brand. Sucks to have to put it on the dealer, but if the manufacturer won't cover it, that's the last resort.
The dealer has more power with the company than one customer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KenMi
Why didn't they just make a proprietary sized tube, so everyone would have to also use their rings? Seems like they did, somewhat.

We sure his rings are right first? Others mount em in non Arken rings without issue....

Me

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've got the exact same scope mounted in a set of 30 mm Hawke steel rings. no issue. I'm guessing the OP actually has a faulty scope.
it might be worth the effort of finding another set of rings and checking but I would also be curious of using an alignment rod and checking the alignment of the rings just in case.

Last edited by ldholton; 03/05/24.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Supertrucker
I’ve tried everything I can think of still to no avail. I sent an email to Arken stating I’d like to send it back. I received this response:

“ I would recommend getting a set of our rings as they will fit more precisely with this optic”

I Don't think rings are your problem.

PM me your address. I'll send you a set of Arken 30mm rings to try. They have been mounted but not shot. They are the same as any other 30mm rings. Try them out. If you still have a problem, (and I think you will), at least you will know.

Then you can send the scope back after being in Arken rings and still having a problem.

Not sure if you are mounting the scope on an AR or a bolt gun. Let me know which rings you need.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just send them back to me when your done.

John

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by jc189

PM me your address. I'll send you a set of Arken 30mm rings to try. They have been mounted but not shot. They are the same as any other 30mm rings. Try them out. If you still have a problem, (and I think you will), at least you will know.

Then you can send the scope back after being in Arken rings and still having a problem.

Not sure if you are mounting the scope on an AR or a bolt gun. Let me know which rings you need.

John

Classy move brother.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jc189

John

I sure appreciate the offer but I already have them on the way from Arken. I used my points I had with them. I’m sure the scope is faulty because I’ve tried 3 set of rings on and off two different bolt rifles.

Why is it called a double u, should'nt it be called a double v?
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wow. Sounds like a company that refuses to believe their product could be defective.
In the thread about drop testing, ILya. Mentions QC issues at Arken. Possibly this precisely this, one that slipped through.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
A maintube diameter is a pretty major thing if that just slipped through the QC process. They probably source the tubes from a supplier, then assemble the internals.

If the Arken rings do work, that points to an even bigger issue. That would indicate their rings are not even to normal spec.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
OP, you are a victim of a paper thin scope tube. China for the win.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don’t have anything Arken and because of their statement to the op about buying their rings I never will. That was pathetic.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The depths of Dumbfhuqktitude by you Professional Victims,is fhuqking HIALRIOUS! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
There are some great guys on this forum.
nice offer John

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Correction: (19) sets,just ordered two more. Hint.

Just sayin'.................
You'll need them.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Certainly will,as scopes keep showing up in the Mail and their rings are fhuqking exceptional. Hint.

You “get” to set astride your Couchbound Kchunt and read about it,as you “live” vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!…………

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,506 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,192
Posts18,484,986
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.