Campfire Ranger
A
Fajitas: chicken, steak, shrimp, weiners, mushrooms, onions ,lots of mozzarella

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Lamb loin chops, sweet potatoes, and asparagus.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

What is that??

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chilean Sea Bass, Castelvetrano Olive Relish, Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Swiss Chard

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Lamb tacos, Mexican rice, refried beans, mexislaw, pico de gallo, frito salad, cilantro lime crema and cherry cheesecake cake.

Well...lunch and dinner.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn Jim were gonna have to start callin you Jaime.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Chilean Sea Bass, Castelvetrano Olive Relish, Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Swiss Chard

Thanks. That's what I though it was. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Polska Kielbasa sausage, baby carrots, cabbage, onions and potatoes cooked for an hour in a Can Cooker Jr with a can of Mountain Dew.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Barbeque sandwich from Smithfield's

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Osso bucco over mashed celery root

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

TimberRunner, would appreciate recipe for mashed celery root. That's a very popular dish in Europe. I've had it in Belgium and France.

They often included carrots, turnips and other root vegetables in the mash.

Last edited by local_dirt; 03/06/24.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt

TimberRunner, would appreciate recipe for mashed celery root. That's a very popular dish in Europe. I've had it in Belgium and France.

I peeled and cubed 2 medium sized celery roots, 1.49/lb is hard to pass up. Boiled in salted water with 2 Shallots cubed and 5-6 mashed garlic cloves until root was tender. Drained about 3/4 of water, added 1/2 stick of butter and about 1/2 cup cream or so and put in immersion blender. Could use potato masher. Season with salt and pepper. Really great flavor.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I peeled and cubed 2 medium sized celery roots, 1.49/lb is hard to pass up. Boiled in salted water with 2 Shallots cubed and 5-6 mashed garlic cloves until root was tender. Drained about 3/4 of water, added 1/2 stick of butter and about 1/2 cup cream or so and put in immersion blender. Could use potato masher. Season with salt and pepper. Really great flavor.

That's very near to a recipe I've seen online. Sounds delicious. In France I had it with roasted rabbit in a red wine sauce reduction. In Belgium, had it with sausages. Albert it was great with Osso Bucco.

Last edited by local_dirt; 03/06/24.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

That's very near to a recipe I've seen online. Sounds delicious. In France I had it with roasted rabbit in a red wine sauce reduction. In Belgium, had it with sausages. Albert it was great with Osso Bucco.

👍👍

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Dinner, here in the South, the noon meal. You ever see a picture of the Lord’s Dinner? Supper is the evening meal. For dinner: I fixed roasted chicken breast with red & green bell peppers, onions and garlic pods. Coat the chicken and the rest in olive oil and broil it. Also mild and jalapeño poppers with a concoction of cream cheese, mild cheese, diced onion, pecans and bacon bits on them, white rice and English peas. Pistachio pudding with vanilla wafers and Kool Whip for dessert. Oh forgot the leftover yellow squash with onions and cornbread. And sweet tea, house wine of the South!
For supper : I made a layered salad of iceberg lettuce, English peas, hard boiled egg slices, bacon and ham bits, grated mild cheddar cheese, and Parmesan sprinkled on. The topping is a mixture of sour cream and Kraft mayo with a tiny bit of sugar. Salt and pepper and add the topping. I baked a small Primrose half ham this afternoon for sandwiches, ham & GF biscuits later on in the week. Turned out great used apple juice and brown sugar to keep it from drying out. Baked 12 minutes per pound at 325-*. It was already fully cooked. I cook dinner every day when we don’t have an appointment. I do it from a wheelchair since I lost my L leg below the knee to Covid. Wife is gluten intolerant and is a 2X cancer survivor. We eat pretty healthy.
Sent the home health nurse out with some poppers. She commented on how they smelled. She couldn’t stay for dinner.

Last edited by carrollco; 03/06/24.
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
My hat's off to you sir. Sounds like great food.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by carrollco
Dinner, here in the South, the noon meal. You ever see a picture of the Lord’s Dinner? Supper is the evening meal. For dinner: I fixed roasted chicken breast with red & green bell peppers, onions and garlic pods. Coat the chicken and the rest in olive oil and broil it. Also mild and jalapeño poppers with a concoction of cream cheese, mild cheese, diced onion, pecans and bacon bits on them, white rice and English peas. Pistachio pudding with vanilla wafers and Kool Whip for dessert. Oh forgot the leftover yellow squash with onions and cornbread. And sweet tea, house wine of the South!
For supper : I made a layered salad of iceberg lettuce, English peas, hard boiled egg slices, bacon and ham bits, grated mild cheddar cheese, and Parmesan sprinkled on. The topping is a mixture of sour cream and Kraft mayo with a tiny bit of sugar. Salt and pepper and add the topping. I baked a small Primrose half ham this afternoon for sandwiches, ham & GF biscuits later on in the week. Turned out great used apple juice and brown sugar to keep it from drying out. Baked 12 minutes per pound at 325-*. It was already fully cooked. I cook dinner every day when we don’t have an appointment. I do it from a wheelchair since I lost my L leg below the knee to Covid. Wife is gluten intolerant and is a 2X cancer survivor. We eat pretty healthy.
Sent the home health nurse out with some poppers. She commented on how they smelled. She couldn’t stay for dinner.

About the only thing missing is possum pie. You’re doing it right, sir!

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I had thawed out some deer hams and shoulders enough yesterday to cut them up. Worked all afternoon cleaning the white stuff off the meat and grinding. Wife cooked hamburgers last night. Fresh ground deer with ribeye fat added is good.

Page 765 of 785 1 2 763 764 765 766 767 784 785

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.