Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the root of this problem is Congress. They often write laws that specifically state that the interpretation and enforcement will be carried out by the government agency that deals with the issue. Like ATF

Actually no. This is about bloated agencies creating mandates that are enforced with punishment, something they are not allowed to do. Congress is allowed to do that. And this is what this case is about.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
Suppressors are not even firearms!

That's the argument they'll use to get around Bruen.

The definition the ATF themselves have published for question 4b on their Form 4 will make that a difficult argument.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Actually no. This is about bloated agencies creating mandates that are enforced with punishment, something they are not allowed to do. Congress is allowed to do that. And this is what this case is about.

One of the videos I watched on this subject and I think it was ACB commented about agencies making rules that create felons out of previously law abiding citizens. Got the impression that was a real concern for the SC. Hope they go in our favor.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
Suppressors are not even firearms!

I don't recall "firearms" being mentioned in the Second Amendment.....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What teeth does SCOTUS have?

After they rule, if an agency just continues to do what they want, what enforcement
is there? The Executive branch is tasked with enforcement.
Obummer decided that he wouldn't do his job and enforce the pot laws. (He should have been impeached for dereliction) Now Slow Joe refuses to enforce border and immigration laws.

What happens of SCOTUS say suppressors are legal,
but ATF(under POTUS) rolls out regulation?

ATF gonna prosecute us, every liberal lower level judge gonna entertain it.

We have 3 "equal" branches.
One makes rules,
one reviews them, approving or denying,
one enforces. And has the power, of badges and guns.

What happens when the badges and guns run amuck?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We can hope that they get it right once and for all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Or a felon.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Any felon?

Ones who perhaps just committed wire fraud?

Only violent ones?

Some States have various "classes" of felonies, so only the most egregious ones?

All felons? For the rest of their lives? Just until they've fulfilled and served their whole sentences including parole/probation?

Until a judge declares them fit again? Which judge---- a liberal or conservative one?

Is there a historical analog from the time period established under Bruen for the denial of a freed felon his/her rights???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sunny how a country built on Christianity, and Christians, forgets about
being forgiven and getting a second chance.

Never have understood how something stupid done on your twenties should follow you for life. By thirty you've done your time, at 40 you have a clean record for a decade. What's gained for anyone to keep punishing you?

There are few people who haven't engaged in some activity that wasn't either a felony,
or could have become one if factors beyond their control had kicked in.

A couple beers and the drive home....someone ends up dead, your likely a killer.
Cruising the back roads 18, at 100mph.....killer.

Forgetting a handgun in your car and going into MD.
Glad I haven't been caught!😉

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
What teeth does SCOTUS have?

After they rule, if an agency just continues to do what they want, what enforcement
is there? The Executive branch is tasked with enforcement.
Obummer decided that he wouldn't do his job and enforce the pot laws. (He should have been impeached for dereliction) Now Slow Joe refuses to enforce border and immigration laws.

What happens of SCOTUS say suppressors are legal,
but ATF(under POTUS) rolls out regulation?

ATF gonna prosecute us, every liberal lower level judge gonna entertain it.

One makes rules,

It's probably a conversation for another thread, but the THREE Branches are in NO WAY EQUAL!!!! CONSTITUTIONALLY....

Last edited by Muffin; 03/07/24.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
Suppressors should be completely unregulated and untaxed, NFA or otherwise.

Given that they are really just fancy small engine mufflers...their NFA status is ludicrous.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Muffin
One makes rules,

It's probably a conversation for another thread, but the THREE Branches are in NO WAY EQUAL!!!! CONSTITUTIONALLY....[/quote]
Please enlighten me. I've always considered them equal - much like the Holy Trinity.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Please enlighten me. I've always considered them equal - much like the Holy Trinity.
Yeah, the original idea, enshrined in the Constitution, was that they be coequal.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
They are far from 'equal'...

The Congress passes a Law, the POTUS can Veto, the Congress can then say 'screw you', vote again with enough majority and make it a Law WITHOUT the POTUS.

The Court can take existing Law that is not clear and interpret a way not meant by CONGRESS, Congress can say 'screw you', and write or Pass, better Law that the court cannot get around.

The Court can overturn or nullify Law based on Constitutionality, the Congress can say 'screw you' Amend the Constitution....

Congress, can run the show, if they have the nuts and the votes, and there is not much the POTUS or the SCOTUS can do about it.......

Congress is far more powerful than either of the other two....

POTUS cannot make Law, SCOTUS cannot make Law, this is Constitutional.

IMHO

Last edited by Muffin; 03/07/24.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Were I to hazard a guess on when the notion of Co-Equal Branches came to light, it would be a liberal thought over something like Roe V. Wade.

Where the left had a decision by SCOTUS that suited them, and Congress was trying to go a different direction. So up comes the Co-Equal farce, we're all 'equal', one can't override the other.....

Co-Equal ranks right up there with 'stare decisis' or Let the Decision Stand....

The left loves stare decisis when the court has already ruled in a way that they like, Ex. Roe V. Wade, can't change that, it's stare decisis.

But, when they don't like a decision, they don't give two chitts about stare decisis...

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Cheveron was never mentioned in the oral arguments of the bump stock case. It appears ATF's resigned to the forth coming loss in the fishing case quoted in the OP's article, which was argued in January.

Did you listen to the entire oral argument in Cargill?

Do you still think I am wrong that SCOTUS will agree with the ATF on bumpstocks?

You seem to pay attention so I am interested in what you heard in the arguments. Not about right or wrong, just how you think SCOTUS is going to rule.

I still think it will go 9-0 in favour of the ATF but for sure the ban will be upheld after listening to the oral arguments.

Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by ALLongshot
I just want suppressors to not have the NFA tax and have to eat a year to get something you have already paid for
Originally Posted by mathman
Suppressors should be completely unregulated and untaxed, NFA or otherwise.

Agreed. At WORSE they should be 4473 items and be done. OR if the Suppressor check is more in dept etc - once I pass 1, the next ones should be rubber stamp. Turn around is minutes, not months.

A side note on suppressors.

Just had one come back in 10 days from the date finger prints were mailed.

ATF is streamlining the process and there are many getting approved in less than a month.

Speculation from some is that ATF wants to reduce the time for approval because a 1 year wait is obviously going to be a problem in some of the upcoming court cases.

A very long wait is obviously a restriction and the background check is the same one done for purchasing a 22 LR single shot rifle at the local FFL.

I think suppressors should be over the counter but I also live in the real world and don't think the NFA will ever be overturned.

2 gun cases will get rulings this summer. Interesting times.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Got one cleared in +/- 2 months and know of three others at 12 days, 9 days and 7 days in the last 3-4 weeks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rainshot
One would think but with Amy Conehead squalling about “toning it down” and Roberts being a committed leftist anything is possible.

They've got pics of Robert's in his Valentines Day panties.

💝

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The intent was checks and balances, to prevent any one branch from running amok. The system works.

Federalist 51

Last edited by SargeMO; 03/07/24.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,518
Posts18,490,962
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.