Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Read this on another site today:
HB621 was passed unanimously by the FL legislature yesterday. The bill gives property owners a clear way to have squatters immediately removed from their property. The bill also makes intentional destruction of the property in excess of $1000 a second degree felony, and making false claims in writing (e.g. false leases or deeds) a first degree misdemeanor. The property owner needs to file a complaint with an affidavit of ownership to the sheriff who will be authorized to remove the occupiers immediately. The affidavit the owner supplies has conditions the owner must affirm to make sure the process isn't abused for something like evicting tenants. It is specifically limited to removing squatters.

Just needs DeSantis to sign, which is a given, and it takes effect on 7/1. One more reason making FL a less desirable location for illegals, and grifters in general.

Nice to see a state government with some common sense.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
GB1

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
👍

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Why did they wait until 7/1? They should have made it effective immediately. That delay will cost many homeowners a lot of money.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Of course, there's a simple alternative. Make sure the property is well insured and have an "accident" with a BBQ grill. It's no fun squatting in a pile of ashes!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That sounds GOOD.

I can envision a lot more squatters invading near future. Any vacant home. 25 million illegals, bound to be many with that mindset

In my Tennessee, it’s not uncommon to have a vacated farm house every 3-4 miles on a country road. Something not totally dilapidated but not lived in for 5 years. Something with a old metal roof, 30 yrs wanting for paint, etc. some foreigners would gladly squat in that vs a tent

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
That sounds GOOD.

I can envision a lot more squatters invading near future. Any vacant home. 25 million illegals, bound to be many with that mindset

In my Tennessee, it’s not uncommon to have a vacated farm house every 3-4 miles on a country road. Something not totally dilapidated but not lived in for 5 years. Something with a old metal roof, 30 yrs wanting for paint, etc. some foreigners would gladly squat in that vs a tent
At some point everything with a roof will be occupied. Including the dog house. Theres not much room for 25 million uninvited guests.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That is excellent. Our nation's laws have been bent decidedly against legitimate property owners in these cases for far too long.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That sounds GOOD.

Been thinking the same for a while. If they'll just stroll across the border, what makes anyone think they won't squat in somebody's property.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Fùck a bunch of squatters

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After he signs it we wait for the long list of dumbasses that are going to sue to stop it…..

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
One of our churches had a large well equipped playground. Included in the structures was a castle/fort with an elevated watchtower.' One day the secretary noticed that the windows in the tower had been covered up. She and the janitor investigated and found a couple migrants had set up housekeeping there and had gone so far as to insulate the place with cardboard and foam rubber.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
👍 It’s about time that the property owners got a little protection! I guess that it would have been expecting a bit much to have had a law passed that the owner could simply shoot the trespassing SOB’s! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It would be a shame for all the old, empty houses to burn down, just to head off the rising tide.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That sounds GOOD.

I think about that every time I drive by a house that I have sitting vacant right now. I’m just waiting on the day some drifting pos has to meet the "crazy m*fkr that lives two door down.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Why did they wait until 7/1? They should have made it effective immediately. That delay will cost many homeowners a lot of money.

I suspect it’s similar to Virginia, where any changes enacted by the Legislative take effect on July 1st every year. This allows the public and law enforcement to be informed and educated regarding the new laws, before they become law.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Can I get a copy of the law to send to Gavin.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Rock Chuck, do you know if Idaho has a law forbidding "squatters?"

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Snowolfe: Good for Florida!
I think, if for some unforeseeable reason, I was ever "forced" to leave my beloved Montana, I would probably settle in Florida.
Keep up the good work and common sense Florida.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
What's with that 25 million figure? That's likely just the invaders over the last 3 years, when there were already up to 40 million prior illegals in the US.

We need a national cleansing.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
That sonofabitch DeSantis.....

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

722 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12savage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 74 invisible), 3,126 guests, and 1,461 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,739
Posts18,476,029
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.