-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Used to make training flights into Tinker AFB. Have been to an all-night rodeo in Ardmore. That's about the extent of it.

As a state, I guess it's OK.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Oklahoma? Which one? Southeast Oklahoma isn’t like Northeast Oklahoma. Tulsa ain’t like Oklahoma City. The Wichitas ain’t like the Ouachitas. And from places in the Panhandle you’re closer to Denver than Oklahoma City.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Granddad's family homesteaded in Indian Territory, and everywhere else the grass was supposed to be greener, until Kim, Colorado took the pioneer spirit out of them for good.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Oklahoma? Which one? Southeast Oklahoma isn’t like Northeast Oklahoma. Tulsa ain’t like Oklahoma City. The Wichitas ain’t like the Ouachitas. And from places in the Panhandle you’re closer to Denver than Oklahoma City.
This guy has the lowdown. I have friends or family, live or have lived myself in all of these areas and they truly are very different places. I like the wind and the open spaces so I’ll not be caught on the east side of I35 for any longer than necessary. I love the Panhandle but to live there a man had better be tough and it’d be best if he’d already made his fortune someplace else as it’ll be hard to come by out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Place I'm sitting on was a "homestead". Don't know what was chasing the wife's great grandfather, but he came here in 1904.

The place has NO redeeming features! Red clay with elm and black locust trees. .....and encroaching mesquite!
About the only thing worth the effort was that the clay WILL grow grain!

IC B2

IKE Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Seventy four now and have been living here for a little over 43 years....can't complain.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
been here 45 years. happy to call it home.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
My father was president of the Oklahoma City Gun Club for many years and I spent a LOT of my childhood on that property. He and my brother and I were all in the Oklahoma National Guard. I left when I went active duty in the Army. I spent nearly 30 years away and have only started going back recently.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Okie from Muskogee?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crshelton
I was born there, but moved to Texas while still in Kindergarten. Been here ever since.

I was born in Tulsa, moved to Texas when I was about 1.5 years old, been here ever since. My Grandfather was proud that he was born in Indian Territory.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Anyone from the "Sooner State?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have not

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Rogers, and Hammerstein didn't wright a musical about Iowa.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well I never been to heaven.

But I been to Oklahoma.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Born here, probably die here. Been here 74 years and counting.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by okie john
My father was president of the Oklahoma City Gun Club for many years and I spent a LOT of my childhood on that property. He and my brother and I were all in the Oklahoma National Guard. I left when I went active duty in the Army. I spent nearly 30 years away and have only started going back recently.

Okie John

Our dads were probably friends. My dad was a charter member when the Gun Club started. He once drove a road grader to Arcadia when they were building roads and backstops on the club property. I also had home movies of the National Guard using dynamite to remove rock to build the bullseye (Conventional/Precision) pistol course. I spent a lot of time in the pit pulling targets on the high power range. I'm still a member of the club but don't compete. I may sight in a rifle at the bench rest targets but I can't give up the membership.

Lost Arra in previous camp life
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I know parts of Oklahoma pretty well
if I ever moved from Missouri Oklahoma would be one of the first States I would prefer to move to.

probably like Oklahoma Texas then a number 3 would be Kansas if it were not for being politics like it is nowadays (I lived in St John Kansas for awhile several years ago)
the number three instead of Kansas might be Louisiana.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Anyone from the "Sooner State?

One set of Great Grandparents and one set of Grandparents homesteaded in SW Oklahoma Territory in 1898 and 1900 respectively. Mom and Dad rode out the Dust Bowl when the wimps went to Kalifornia. I've never lived anywhere else, yeah, I guess I qualify as being from the Sooner State.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I graduated from Norman High School. And I went to college at OU. When I was younger I’d go up to NE Oklahoma often and float the Illinois River and jump off of those cliffs at Lake Tenkiller. When I was older, I spent a LOT of time in the Wichita Mountains. I love the Wichita Mountains; I’ve hiked and climbed all over em.’ Some of the Charon's Garden Wilderness Area part of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge is some of the most tortured landscape that I’ve ever seen. Elk Mountain in particular is a pretty special place.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bud Wilkenson?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,627 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.