Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Anyone have insurance on their gun collection other than homeowners? I can only get $6000 from my homeowners. I’ve read of insurance for guns and other collectibles. What the best and easiest that you are aware of or use?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Collectibles insurance in Pennsylvania

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most policies I've looked into charge enough for me to buy a new rifle about every two years. I bought a good stout safe but do still have some toys tucked in corners or beneath beds.

1Minute
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
I do not like the requirement to list serial numbers. The companies I investigated required such a list.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
There’s a company in CT that doesn’t ask for serial numbers. Must list all guns over $5K. I’m sorry but I don’t remember the name, maybe someone can chime in!

I’m not worried about someone stealing my guns, destroyed in a fire maybe!

Good luck!

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I just did it through State Farm as a rider on the homeowners ins. The policy falls under "Sporting Equip." or something like that. Yes, I had to give serial numbers. Since it's sporting equipment, I also had several Encore barrels that I listed without numbers and they questioned that. I also had my crossbow listed. If I had some expensive golf clubs, I could have included those as well. I made up an Excel spreadsheet which included the optics and a description of stainless or blued and if it had walnut along with the make, model, year, & caliber. Then I kind of searched the internet to come up with a value for everything. I only had about $25K and it costs me about $200 a year. You're just paying for the value, I think they want to know that it's real and that it's not a scam. I've got a '68 Chevelle SS and I could insure it for pretty much any amount I wanted within reason. I've upped the amount over the years as I sunk more money into it. I just have to provide pictures of the car every couple of years (front, back, sides, engine, & interior).

But some of you guys with a complete arsenal of high dollar stuff might have to pay more. eek

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Take pictures of your firearms, even better if you are holding them.

It shows 'possession' to an adjuster in case of loss, and condition, which can enhance the value.

Most insurance companies place a limit on guns if they are stolen, typically $2,500 in total, no matter how many, or how expensive the guns are. To get higher amounts of coverage, you would need to add a rider, and typically you would need to submit serial numbers and possibly photos of each gun, along with the value of each.

One company I work with includes firearms in the total of the personal property amount, so you do not need a special rider to cover the guns. That company is Safeco.

Keep in mind that the value of the 'firearm' includes everything attached to it, such as scope, sling, suppressor etc., so one Remchester with a nice scope and sling on it can exceed the $2,500 basic coverage.

SAKO76 said "I’m not worried about someone stealing my guns, destroyed in a fire maybe!"

Most companies only have dollar limits on guns that are stolen, typically $2,500, but they include the value of all the guns under Personal Property for a fire. The same applies to other certain classes of Personal Property like Jewelry, Gold/Silver/Pewterware, baseball/trading cards, etc. Check with your Broker.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Probly not a bad idea

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
No list for collectible. I have pictures and an inventory in case I need it. They also cover ammo.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Gun and Trophy .com

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 1lesfox, 58 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,389
Posts18,488,664
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.