Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Picked one up a couple days ago. I like it. I did add some Hogue cocobolo grip panels from Midway. The ejector rod housing was a tad loose, but all it needed was to snug down the retaining screw. All is good. I fits fine in a crossdraw holster I had on hand for my Bisley 44 Mag.

First couple cylinders hit on line, about 4" low at 25 yards. A little filing on the front sight should sort that out.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
You’re wearing your holster on the wrong side. 😁

That looks like a neat gun for knocking around.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
It's a fun shooter.

That barrel is a little long for strong-side carry, unless using a drop-down holster.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good looking Wrangler!

I've got a Birds head Wrangler that I pack in a cross draw.

Might "need" one of the 7-1/2 inchers to go with it!

Virgil B.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I like the size and balance of this 7.5-incher. Those little birds head models look nice, but I'm more drawn to the 3.75" Sheriff's Model with the plow grip. Might have to add one to the inventory down the road.

I do have a 6.5" Single Six convertible. I plan on doing some side-by-side comparisons with a few different ammunitions for velocity and accuracy.

The gap on the Wrangler looks wider than the Single-Six just eyeballing it. No surprise there. Curious how velocities will compare, but I suspect the 6.5" Single-Six will be a little faster with the tighter gap.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I like the size and balance of this 7.5-incher. Those little birds head models look nice, but I'm more drawn to the 3.75" Sheriff's Model with the plow grip. Might have to add one to the inventory down the road.

I do have a 6.5" Single Six convertible. I plan on doing some side-by-side comparisons with a few different ammunitions for velocity and accuracy.

The gap on the Wrangler looks wider than the Single-Six just eyeballing it. No surprise there. Curious how velocities will compare, but I suspect the 6.5" Single-Six will be a little faster with the tighter gap.
I have this early Ruger flat gate and a Wrangler. I didn't notice any difference in the cylinder gap, but didn't measure.

The Wrangler has a pretty good trigger, just not as good as the Single Six. It's almost as accurate as the Single Six, just almost.

But, for the difference in value, the Wrangler does pretty good. I like mine.

DF

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Nice pair!

I agree the Wrangler is a great value.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I’ve got a Wrangler, and a Super Wrangler. The Wrangler is running $179-$199, here. A Super Wrangler is $259.

For the extra $60-$80, you get:

1) Steel frame
2) Adjustable sights
3) the extra cylinder (.22WMR)

Frankly, the adjustable sights, alone, are worth it to me. No filing on the front sight, no straining to see the “too thin” front sight of the “regular” Wrangler. You can even replace the front sight with a fiberoptic, if you wish.

Not trying to rain on anyone’s parade, as I have both, but “for the money”, I find the Super Wrangler a much more appealing package.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Agree that the Super Wrangler is worth the premium.

I had gotten my Wrangler before the Super came out.

DF

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I agree the Super Wrangler is really the best value out there for a convertible with adjustable sights.

I weighed getting one, and the price difference wasn't a factor at all in my choice. In this choice, I wanted the simplicity and smooth top of the Wrangler.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I agree the Super Wrangler is really the best value out there for a convertible with adjustable sights.

I weighed getting one, and the price difference wasn't a factor at all in my choice. In this choice, I wanted the simplicity and smooth top of the Wrangler.

👍🏻

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Her's my Single-Six convertible. It has all the adjustability. So I opted simplicity on the Wrangler.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I have a stainless Super Single Six and two Wranglers. I was lucky that the sights on both Wranglers are regulated. Had they not been, I would have sent one or both down the road and started looking for a Super with the adjustable sights. Both of mine have the original (4 5/8"?) barrel length; one is black and the other is the bronze color. I bought the black one new on sale because I wanted one to play with; the other was a pawnshop encounter for $125 out the door. It followed me home. I will soon have six grandkids, so I don't think I'm overstocked on .22 revolvers quite yet.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by bearbacker
I have a stainless Super Single Six and two Wranglers. I was lucky that the sights on both Wranglers are regulated. Had they not been, I would have sent one or both down the road and started looking for a Super with the adjustable sights. Both of mine have the original (4 5/8"?) barrel length; one is black and the other is the bronze color. I bought the black one new on sale because I wanted one to play with; the other was a pawnshop encounter for $125 out the door. It followed me home. I will soon have six grandkids, so I don't think I'm overstocked on .22 revolvers quite yet.

Having some 'extra' 22 rimfires is never a mistake.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Did some group testing with some various ammo today. Wanted to see what the average POI was on a few before I take a file to the front sight.

Here's group size (25 yards) and POI drop from POA.

CCI 29gr Shorts - 2.5" group, 4.0" low. (I disregarded one flyer making group 6")
Aguila 60gr SSS - 2.6" group, 1.5" low.
Federal Target 40gr - 3.1" group, 2.2" low.
CCI Velocitor 40gr - 2.4" group, 3.5" low.
CCI Stinger 32gr - 2.1" group, 4.0" low.
Fed Bulk 36gr - 3.2" group, 3.0" low.

So the Stingers were the tightest shooting at 2.1". I'm going to set the zero with the CCI Stingers. With that zero, the rest will impact very close or not more than 2" higher at 25 yards. Good enough.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I checked the barrel-cylinder gap on the Wrangler, and the Single-Six with a feeler gauge.

Wrangler - .010"
Single Six - .006"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was considering a Super Wrangler, but yesterday I ran into a pretty nice Single Six while horse-trading one of my mistakes, so I applied the money to the SS. It’s my first 6 1/2”, and I liked the balance. The store is in VA, so I have to wait for it to hitch a ride over to this side.

About twice the price of a Super Wrangler, but it’s worth it to me.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Yeah, if you compare the Wrangler to the Single-Six, they are in different leagues. I like them both.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I gave my Grandson a Wrangler for Christmas
He was 8 months so Mom and Dad put it away for the right time
Looking forward to teaching him to handle it when the time is right

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I too found a blued Single Six with both cylinders at a price I could not refuse. It looked barely used at 300.00. Love the 22 Mag. I’m able to keep 6 shots into 1.5 inches at 25yds off shooting sticks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (257_X_50, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,522
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.