Page 4 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 63 64
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
SOMETHING created the universe. It cannot have created itself. The nature of that creator is open to debate and much mystery.
The problem with that argument is that if something must have created the universe, then something must have also created God. So there must be another God to create the first God, and so it goes on and on.

Not necessarily. That logic assumes that the Creator experiences time at all or in a manner similar to how we experience it. Time is part of spacetime, which is a component of this universe. It might be nonexistent or function far differently in whatever reality in which the Creator exists separate from this Universe. For example, the rate of the passage of time differs enormously from that on the surface of the earth for objects traveling at near the speed of light relative to the earth or in an extreme gravitational field, such as near the event horizon of a black hole. Without those principle being applied, GPS satellite systems would be worthless minutes after their launch. Atomic clocks on earth tick more slowly than those in zero gravity in orbit.

Time for the Creator, if it exists at all, could be far different than what we observe and experience. It might not be so linear. It might be incomprehensibly weird to us.

Ahhhhh, ummmm, Gotta love me that spacetime!

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I believe in some form of God, but not a jealous God that demands to be worshipped, killed innocent people in a flood, demanded genocide, sent bears to kill children for making fun of a guys bald head and enjoyed innocent animals being slaughtered but still wasn't appeased and threw his boy Job under the bus on a bet when Satan wasn't even the one to mention him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's a reason why there is a stairway to Heaven, and a highway to hell......

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I believe in god and his son JESUS!! Who was crucified and resurrected on the 3rd day.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.

But what if your wrong?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a friend who uses "god" with a lower case "g" and says "god" is a job description for something.

I see nothing wrong with his reasoning.

Me, there's something out there I believe......................The world is too f'n weird for there not to be.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Time for the Creator, if it exists at all, could be far different than what we observe and experience. It might not be so linear. It might be incomprehensibly weird to us.

My thought as well.
When the young earth believers argue about evolution and the world being created in seven days and being only 6,000 some odd years old I’ve always wondered why they think one of God’s days would be the same as one of ours.

Yes, though I’ve been called an unbeliever by our resident crank Jag on multiple occasions, I believe in both God and Jesus Christ. I don’t believe we could even begin to comprehend the realm they inhabit; hoping to catch a glimpse someday.

But not too soon.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Yes, I believe

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Feral_American
There's a reason why there is a stairway to Heaven, and a highway to hell......

Where is this staircase located?

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, He and I have long had a one-to-one relationship.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe.......

Not setting a good example anywhere near as much as i should, but im definitely a believer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn’t create myself.

Also, Science cannot explain consciousness, my own awareness of my own existence.

Evidence enough for me.

As far as Christianity, hard to overstate the importance of the Ten Commandments as the moral foundation of Western Civilization.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.

But what if your wrong?

I'm saying nobody knows for sure, us humans aren't advanced enough. What if I'am wrong ? We won't know.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We are Saved by Grace.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Yes, I absolutely believe in God! And what you are saying is your opinion and nothing more. The world would be be much better place if we all followed Christian morals
Just as, what say is your opinion, nothing more, quite possibly less, as nothing factual supports your position.

Your opinion on the world being better because of "Christains" is total BS. You need to get out and meet some "Christains".

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
You watching TEE VEE.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The growth of this thread and others about religion and Christianity points out that some people are looking for answers about the current state of the country and what the future holds for all of us.
I have stated my beliefs on this, and I have tried to ignore the trolls who cannot believe and wish to ridicule those who are honestly seeking guidance.
I’m not trying to push anything on anyone.
But if you’re truly seeking guidance on churches or anything else, I’d be very happy to hear from you.
If posting on these threads is something you would rather not do, I can surely understand that. Shoot me a PM if you’re interested in talking to someone who is only trying to help others.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
The growth of this thread and others about religion and Christianity points out that some people are looking for answers about the current state of the country and what the future holds for all of us.
I have stated my beliefs on this, and I have tried to ignore the trolls who cannot believe and wish to ridicule those who are honestly seeking guidance.
I’m not trying to push anything on anyone.
But if you’re truly seeking guidance on churches or anything else, I’d be very happy to hear from you.
If posting on these threads is something you would rather not do, I can surely understand that. Shoot me a PM if you’re interested in talking to someone who is only trying to help others.
Reon

So those that don't lockstep with you are Trolls? Doesn't sound very Christian Brother.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I believe in god but the church these days is a racket to many phaaguts and to many chiefs not enuff injuns I can talk to the lord on the creek bank 😉

Page 4 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

440 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 45 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,193
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.