S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Define "God".

God is your maker. Every knee shall bow to Him. I prefer to do so willingly as I am not self-made.

That does nothing to explain what "God" is. Nor are we made. We don't pop into existence through an act of divine creation. We are born and grow and die through a natural biological process.

God is not a magician. We did COME into existence by an act of divine creation. But that was a process not bounded by our sense of time. Anything in existence has a trail of creation behind. This trail is simply the process by which God controlled creation. We are not evidence of a random “pop into existence” but evidence of creation by superior intelligence. That intelligence is God; an existence in another sphere of reality unexplained by earthly science.

God is the Supreme Scientist; the source of all things created. His explanation to me of how exactly His process of creation works is tantamount to me explaining to a dog exactly how a dark room becomes lighted when he and I go in. Imagine explaining electricity to a dog. That to me is comparable to God attempted to explain his abilities to us.

Beyond all that is faith, but faith by discovery not declaration. That is faith through interaction. I can’t advise anyone how to achieve that for themselves other than such as this scripture:

Jeremiah 29:13
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

It may sound strange coming from me but this is real. Careful when you seek safe harbor from God, when you pray sincerely for his intervention in your life. I say this in all sincerity. He is a goal oriented being not subject to how you want things to play out aka process oriented defined by you. I came to know this at a pivotal time in my life a couple of years ago. He is real. Belief or opinion aside He is real.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Morewood
Personal belief. Have you seen the Pearly Gates?

Personal belief…..ok.

Re: Pearly Gates…. Nope, never seen them….what ever they may or may not be….but perhaps you would equate seeing the Pearly Gates as some sort of confirmation or justification of belief. I don’t hold to that idea.

Wouldn’t it seem logical that if God was real He would make Himself known to us?

He does make the reality of Himself known….to each and every one of us….. then the question becomes “What do I do about it?”

You can follow up and seek God….. or one can rebel, ignore or otherwise reject God and His claim on you.

See ….Romans Chapter 1

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by DBT
Define "God".

God is your maker. Every knee shall bow to Him. I prefer to do so willingly as I am not self-made.

That does nothing to explain what "God" is. Nor are we made. We don't pop into existence through an act of divine creation. We are born and grow and die through a natural biological process.

God is not a magician. We did COME into existence by an act of divine creation. But that was a process not bounded by our sense of time. Anything in existence has a trail of creation behind. This trail is simply the process by which God controlled creation. We are not evidence of a random “pop into existence” but evidence of creation by superior intelligence. That intelligence is God; an existence in another sphere of reality unexplained by earthly science.

God is the Supreme Scientist; the source of all things created. His explanation to me of how exactly His process of creation works is tantamount to me explaining to a dog exactly how a dark room becomes lighted when he and I go in. Imagine explaining electricity to a dog. That to me is comparable to God attempted to explain his abilities to us.

Beyond all that is faith, but faith by discovery not declaration. That is faith through interaction. I can’t advise anyone how to achieve that for themselves other than such as this scripture:

It may sound strange coming from me but this is real. Careful when you seek safe harbor from God, when you pray sincerely for his intervention in your life. I say this in all sincerity. He is a goal oriented being not subject to how you want things to play out aka process oriented defined by you. I came to know this at a pivotal time in my life a couple of years ago. He is real. Belief or opinion aside He is real.

More like a little brat who needs to be scolded and sent to his room:

The Squire of Gothos" is the 17th episode of the first season of the American science-fiction television series, Star Trek. Written by Paul Schneider, and directed by Don McDougall, it first aired on January 12, 1967.

In the episode, the childish but powerful ruler of the planet Gothos captures the crew of the Enterprise for his own amusement.

Plot
The USS Enterprise, under the command of Captain Kirk, is on an 8-day supply mission to Colony Beta VI. Passing through a "star desert," the ship encounters a rogue planet previously hidden from their sensors. As Lt. Sulu attempts to enter a course around the planet, he suddenly vanishes from the bridge, and Kirk vanishes a moment later.

First Officer Spock assumes that the two must have been taken to the planet, though sensor readings indicate the planet's atmosphere is lethal to most forms of life. The Enterprise then receives a strange message on a viewscreen in blackletter writing: "Greetings and Felicitations!", followed by "Hip hip hoorah. Tallyho!" Spock orders Chief Medical Officer Dr. McCoy, along with Lt. DeSalle and geophysicist Karl Jaeger, to form a landing party and conduct a search.

The landing party beams down and unexpectedly finds itself in a lush and breathable environment. They also come across what appears to be a medieval castle, within which they find Captain Kirk and Lt. Sulu, immobilized, along with a humanoid being who identifies himself as "General Trelane, retired", and invites everyone to stay as his guests on his world, which he calls Gothos. He also explains that his hobby is studying Earth history and still (wrongly) believes Earth is engaging in world conquest. McCoy's medical tricorder is unable to identify him as a living being.

Spock manages to locate the landing party in a minute zone of breathable atmosphere, and beams everyone, except Trelane, back to the ship by locking onto every detectable lifeform in the area. Trelane, however, appears on the bridge of the Enterprise, and brings the entire bridge crew down to the planet, including Spock, Communications Officer Lt. Uhura, and Yeoman Teresa Ross. Trelane invites his "guests" to partake of his food (which has no taste), and his brandy (which also has no taste). Spock reasons that Trelane knows only the forms of Earth's history and not the substances, the equivalent of someone 900 light years away from Earth who is studying Earth history through a telescope, but having no concept that 400 years have passed.

Kirk's patience starts wearing thin, especially when Trelane dances with Yeoman Ross and changes her standard red uniform into a 19th-century ball gown. Kirk and Spock both notice that he never strays far from a particular wall mirror, and they believe that the mirror is the source of his powers. To test this theory, Kirk provokes Trelane into a duel, and during the fight, he destroys the mirror and damages some strange machinery inside. The bridge crew then beams back to the Enterprise, but as the ship attempts to warp away, the planet Gothos keeps appearing in its path. Kirk finally orders the Enterprise into orbit and decides to beam down.

On the planet, Kirk finds Trelane seated on a courtroom bench, dressed in the white wig and robes reminiscent of an English circuit judge. Trelane reads charges of "treason", "conspiracy", and "fomenting insurrection", and then, silencing Kirk's protests, condemns Kirk to death by hanging. Kirk, however, points out that Trelane could find a more stimulating alternative. Trelane suggests that Kirk be prey for a royal hunt, and Kirk agrees in return for the release of his ship. The hunt begins, and Kirk is eventually cornered at the castle entrance, but he remains defiant, and even slaps Trelane across the face twice, and tells him he has a lot to learn about life and breaks Trelane's sword. Outraged, Trelane tells Kirk he didn't play the game right.

Suddenly, Trelane's parents - who appear as two green pulsating blobs - call out to Trelane, and he yells at them, reminding him that they said he could have the planet Gothos as his very own. They yell at him for his disobedience and cruelty towards more lesser beings, and tell him several times to "come along," but he continually refuses to listen to them. Kirk listens to their argument, and realizes that Trelane is really a spoiled child, and that the planet Gothos was his "playground." After Trelane's parents take him away, they apologize to Kirk, and he asks: "Who are you? Who is Trelane?" They don't answer his questions, but they do admit it was their fault for indulging their child too much, and he will be punished. They also tell Kirk that they wouldn't have allowed Trelane to intercept them if they knew how vulnerable he was. They also maintained the life support systems on the planet while Kirk returned to his ship.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Define "God".

Nope…. You are wrong again…

Psalm 139:13-16

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

If it makes you feel better, protest as much as you like. The fact remains that we have countless versions of God and gods, yet not a scrap of evidence that any of them exist.

What also remains is your habit of stating your own unsubstantiated opinions as fact.

You are talking to yourself………as I have told you before, seems like “whistling in the graveyard.”

Btw…evidence abounds but you will not admit it. Interestingly, the Pharisees had Jesus in their midst and were there when he taught and did miracles……

Yet, despite the evidence right before them, they denied the deity of Christ.

Edit:

Anyway, gotta go, trout are starting to spawn and I am gonna go fishing tomorrow….signing off.

Last edited by TF49; 03/11/24.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by DBT
Define "God".

More like a little brat who needs to be scolded and sent to his room:

The Squire of Gothos" is the 17th episode of the first season of the American science-fiction television series, Star Trek. Written by Paul Schneider, and directed by Don McDougall, it first aired on January 12, 1967.

In the episode, the childish but powerful ruler of the planet Gothos captures the crew of the Enterprise for his own amusement.

Plot
The USS Enterprise, under the command of Captain Kirk, is on an 8-day supply mission to Colony Beta VI. Passing through a "star desert," the ship encounters a rogue planet previously hidden from their sensors. As Lt. Sulu attempts to enter a course around the planet, he suddenly vanishes from the bridge, and Kirk vanishes a moment later.

First Officer Spock assumes that the two must have been taken to the planet, though sensor readings indicate the planet's atmosphere is lethal to most forms of life. The Enterprise then receives a strange message on a viewscreen in blackletter writing: "Greetings and Felicitations!", followed by "Hip hip hoorah. Tallyho!" Spock orders Chief Medical Officer Dr. McCoy, along with Lt. DeSalle and geophysicist Karl Jaeger, to form a landing party and conduct a search.

The landing party beams down and unexpectedly finds itself in a lush and breathable environment. They also come across what appears to be a medieval castle, within which they find Captain Kirk and Lt. Sulu, immobilized, along with a humanoid being who identifies himself as "General Trelane, retired", and invites everyone to stay as his guests on his world, which he calls Gothos. He also explains that his hobby is studying Earth history and still (wrongly) believes Earth is engaging in world conquest. McCoy's medical tricorder is unable to identify him as a living being.

Spock manages to locate the landing party in a minute zone of breathable atmosphere, and beams everyone, except Trelane, back to the ship by locking onto every detectable lifeform in the area. Trelane, however, appears on the bridge of the Enterprise, and brings the entire bridge crew down to the planet, including Spock, Communications Officer Lt. Uhura, and Yeoman Teresa Ross. Trelane invites his "guests" to partake of his food (which has no taste), and his brandy (which also has no taste). Spock reasons that Trelane knows only the forms of Earth's history and not the substances, the equivalent of someone 900 light years away from Earth who is studying Earth history through a telescope, but having no concept that 400 years have passed.

Kirk's patience starts wearing thin, especially when Trelane dances with Yeoman Ross and changes her standard red uniform into a 19th-century ball gown. Kirk and Spock both notice that he never strays far from a particular wall mirror, and they believe that the mirror is the source of his powers. To test this theory, Kirk provokes Trelane into a duel, and during the fight, he destroys the mirror and damages some strange machinery inside. The bridge crew then beams back to the Enterprise, but as the ship attempts to warp away, the planet Gothos keeps appearing in its path. Kirk finally orders the Enterprise into orbit and decides to beam down.

On the planet, Kirk finds Trelane seated on a courtroom bench, dressed in the white wig and robes reminiscent of an English circuit judge. Trelane reads charges of "treason", "conspiracy", and "fomenting insurrection", and then, silencing Kirk's protests, condemns Kirk to death by hanging. Kirk, however, points out that Trelane could find a more stimulating alternative. Trelane suggests that Kirk be prey for a royal hunt, and Kirk agrees in return for the release of his ship. The hunt begins, and Kirk is eventually cornered at the castle entrance, but he remains defiant, and even slaps Trelane across the face twice, and tells him he has a lot to learn about life and breaks Trelane's sword. Outraged, Trelane tells Kirk he didn't play the game right.

Suddenly, Trelane's parents - who appear as two green pulsating blobs - call out to Trelane, and he yells at them, reminding him that they said he could have the planet Gothos as his very own. They yell at him for his disobedience and cruelty towards more lesser beings, and tell him several times to "come along," but he continually refuses to listen to them. Kirk listens to their argument, and realizes that Trelane is really a spoiled child, and that the planet Gothos was his "playground." After Trelane's parents take him away, they apologize to Kirk, and he asks: "Who are you? Who is Trelane?" They don't answer his questions, but they do admit it was their fault for indulging their child too much, and he will be punished. They also tell Kirk that they wouldn't have allowed Trelane to intercept them if they knew how vulnerable he was. They also maintained the life support systems on the planet while Kirk returned to his ship.

My beliefs are not informed, one way or the other, by gay Hollywood producers of Star Trek.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I believe in God.

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Yes I believe in God the father, his son Jesus,and the Holy Spirit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TwoTall
Yes I believe in God the father, his son Jesus,and the Holy Spirit.

AMEN!!!

I do believe in the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.
And Always Will !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by hardin284
I believe 100%.

If I’m wrong, I’ve used my belief in the Lord to help keep me morally straight. It hasn’t always worked and I often fall wayyyy short of Him, as do all Christians.

Now, if you don’t believe and you are wrong you will likely have a much larger problem if not saved before it is too late. Eternity is kind of a long time to live in hell, ya think?

Eternity….
This is the talk of a zealot!

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Define "God".

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

If it makes you feel better, protest as much as you like. The fact remains that we have countless versions of God and gods, yet not a scrap of evidence that any of them exist.

What also remains is your habit of stating your own unsubstantiated opinions as fact.

You are talking to yourself………as I have told you before, seems like “whistling in the graveyard.”

Btw…evidence abounds but you will not admit it. Interestingly, the Pharisees had Jesus in their midst and were there when he taught and did miracles……

Edit:

Anyway, gotta go, trout are starting to spawn and I am gonna go fishing tomorrow….signing off.

Catch a bunch and GOD Bless ya.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The Prince of Peace gives me peace in my heart, HE preparest a Campfire for me in the midst of the Dumbassed Junkyard Dawg Crew. He restoreth my mind, body and spirit daily. HE is my defender and protector and salvation and provided HIS cleansing blood to sanctify and save me for all eternity.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/11/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Oh, I do. I can’t make logical sense out of many things, if he doesn’t exist.

I don’t really want to think about how I would be, if I didn’t believe that he existed. But I think I know.

In other words, with many things, I can only find peace in Him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jag, how many here have you called non-believers without knowing a damn thing about their personal lives?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Wole binch.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Originally Posted by hardin284
I believe 100%.

If I’m wrong, I’ve used my belief in the Lord to help keep me morally straight. It hasn’t always worked and I often fall wayyyy short of Him, as do all Christians.

Now, if you don’t believe and you are wrong you will likely have a much larger problem if not saved before it is too late. Eternity is kind of a long time to live in hell, ya think?

Eternity….
This is the talk of a zealot!

Most are, they believe because they fear the unknown and have no faith in themselves.

It's always the carrot that inspires people to be followers, if you listen and believe in me you will be rewarded, given your own island loaded with virgins.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Define "God".

Edit:

You have it backwards, as usual. You should know by now that it is evidence that justifies a belief, that evidence provides substance for what is said or claimed.

It is not I who makes the fantastic, unsubstantiated claim that there is someone, a God, who created the universe.

That is you. You make that claim without a shred of evidence.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Those of us that BELIEVE have seen, heard and felt Him and we have all the evidence we need.

For those of you who don’t believe there’s nothing that we could do in our mortal world that would be sufficient for you, no evidence that we could provide that would convince you otherwise.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I believe and follow God, His Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
i was raised a Roman Catholic, then when i turned 12yo and got my Confirmation, i stopped going to church and Catechism. then for 6 years there wasn't much of God in my life. then 18yo, i was ordered by my drill segreant to go to church/synagogue, he didn't care as long as i went. on Sundays, i went to couple of different catholic masses and even a Mormon mass....and no, i didn't find religion. i got married, had a couple of and got divorced in my 20s. it wasn't until i was in my early 30s when i decided to need something. Catholicism wasn't in my bag, so i decided i need something different. i read some books on Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Shintoism, Confucianism, Norse beliefs, Wicca, Druidism (Celtic) and North American Indian religion.

well, i believe in Animism (Native American and a little bit of Shinto/Chinese Folk religion). whether is a man, insect, animal, rock or a thunderstorm, everything has a soul or spirit. i also believe in my ancestors. i believe in a divine spirit, but he does not interact with us. He created the world and everything in it and then he left it with his sons and daughters or demigods.

believe or not, i don't care and neither should you.

however, i do believe in science and math. i don't believe in liberal causes and their aftereffects.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I don't believe in any gods. The staunch delusion of belief has caused, and continues to cause, much batshittery.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Page 9 of 64 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 1,923 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,257
Posts18,525,226
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.