Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by 4winds
I think the best height is 5'10". At least from a convenience standpoint. Guns, clothes, cars, etc. are all designed around that number. The only exception is women, which apparently is a big enough deal to want to screw with your body structure for 80 large.

Height is pretty highly correlated to income. Employees rate taller managers higher. In other words, there’s clear economic disadvantages to being short as a male.
Maybe for an employed person but not for a business owner. IMO.

I had a subscription to Builder Magazine, a young guy wrote an article about almost never winning bids for custom builds. He was 30 years old- tall- in good physical shape and dressed nice when meeting . A friend told him that people are likely intimidated by you. He said but I'm super nice and respectful to people- friend said 'that doesn't matter'.
He gave it some thought and went to a professional make-up store- put a bit of grey-dye stuff in his hair. Wore older pants/shirt/shoes and pushed his belly out plus some bad posture. Started winning bids for new home builds with his new look.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m happy at 6’1. The world isnt designed for big n tall people.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I'm at about 5.8 1/2 - 5.9 now, and I was about 5.10 when I was young, but 46 years of picking up and carrying boxes of tile, rolls of carpet, and moving furniture has had its effect.

That's true- I used to be a tad over 6'-2'' now 6'- 1/2''- I've broke my Back twice . I have a few paper thin fibrous-disc T-10/11/12, L-1&2
plus wear from work and age.

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
More than once I've read that people are taller when they first wake in the morning- your joints have fully hydrated then.

Men 3/4'' to 1-1/4 inch the article stated.

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I am 6' 5" and it is hard enough to buy clothes.

Same. The world's built around short fat people.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BC30cal
4winds;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope your section of the great state of Georgia is getting seasonally appropriate and tolerable weather and that you're well.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it and the chuckle.

A long time hunting partner who is tall enough that on occasion when we're glassing has stood behind me and rested his binos on my cowboy hat also has a patchy beard and mustache.

On the Honda S2000 subject, I thought I wanted one when I was hunting for a midlife crisis red ragtop, but settled on a 40th Anniversary Mustang because while I could get into an S2000, getting out was a 5 minute task!!

Frankly I'm not sure who those things are designed for other than small jockey's perhaps?

Maybe not all the model years were quite that tight, but the one I tried was much, much to small and as mentioned I'm 5'6" on a tall day and about 150lb.

As you've said its a trade off, so bigger folks can pack more, but will wear out things like hiking boots and vehicle and equipment seats noticeably faster than smaller folks.

For a last chuckle, I worked for awhile with a wonderful fellow named Wayne at a small cabinet shop where we did everything from build to install. I want to say Wayne was about 6'2" or so and while he'd tease me about my height for sure, when it was time to install the Lazy Susan hardware that was my job and I'd hold the upper boxes while he put the mounting screws in because he could reach.

I will say that back in the day when we had horses and did a fair bit of packing and horse back hunting, sometimes I had to reposition Carly the Appy a few times on the side of the mountain as it was just a little too far up to load her! laugh

[Linked Image]

That's me finishing up loading my tall hunting partner's only horse hunt mulie buck.

He and the horses just didn't gel either, though he did try, I'll give him that.

Best to you all today.

Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne! All the best to you and yours! The weather has been great lately and keeps getting better. We'll be starting pollen season shortly followed by skeeter season a month later. Y'all still buried in snow? I'd love to venture in your neck of the woods someday for the kind folks and good hunting and fishing!

I'm far more interested in the decency of people and someone's capabilities than the trivial crap so many people invest in.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I’m happy at 6’1. The world isnt designed for big n tall people.
I'm 6'10" and agree with your statement.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am 6’. Seems like the guys I know who are taller, older, and who hunt a lot are getting knees replaced.

Does height effect wear and tear on the knees?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Maybe three inches longer...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope

I struggle with being bullet proof at 5' 9"! Could not imagine my ego at 6foot

Last edited by Simplepeddler; 03/12/24.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One house I bought I was sick of everything being built for short people so I ripped out all the cabinets and built everything 6" higher so normal people could wash their hands at the sink without stooping over. Kids used a little stepstool. Screw em, they'll grow! LOL

LOL
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The nitwit in the article wants to add several more inches to his legs in addition to what he already did. He obviously hasn't considered what a ridiculous caricature he will be with no corresponding increase in torso length.

Dale

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't need 3" longer legs, as I'd feel like I was on stilts. I'm about 5'9" with longish legs and a shorter torso. My younger brother is about 6" taller than me, but his inseam is only an inch or two longer. Totally different builds.

I do wish my upper body matched my lower a bit better just so that a standard LOP rifle/shotgun would fit a touch better in winter clothes.....lol. I generally order/modify my rifle stocks at 13 1/8" or 13 1/4" LOP.

Now with even more aplomb
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
if i was young again in high school with the same ability i had at 6ft 2 inch and then add 3 inches i would have done well .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the medieval days, they had a very effective and inexpensive method for lengthening a person's body. It was called "the Rack." Worked every time. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm 6'4" always wanted to be about 6' but not enough to cut 4" off my legs. Rio7

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At 6'3" plus, I'm pretty content, you find out that most things cars/clothing/airplanes aren't really designed for people over 6', with some exceptions. Two of my three sons are over 6', my three nieces and one nephew are all over 6', some say it's our Dutch ancestry. All three of my nieces got full ride scholarships at great universities playing volleyball so it's worked out for them pretty well.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m 6’3” I like my height. I wouldn’t want to be shorter but wouldn’t want to be much taller either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell, I’d like to be as tall as I was when I was 20. That schitt settles……

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 14 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,489
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.