Page 12 of 64 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 63 64
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tdoyka
Originally Posted by bluefish
i was raised a Roman Catholic, then when i turned 12yo and got my Confirmation, i stopped going to church and Catechism. then for 6 years there wasn't much of God in my life. then 18yo, i was ordered by my drill segreant to go to church/synagogue, he didn't care as long as i went. on Sundays, i went to couple of different catholic masses and even a Mormon mass....and no, i didn't find religion. i got married, had a couple of and got divorced in my 20s. it wasn't until i was in my early 30s when i decided to need something. Catholicism wasn't in my bag, so i decided i need something different. i read some books on Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Shintoism, Confucianism, Norse beliefs, Wicca, Druidism (Celtic) and North American Indian religion.

well, i believe in Animism (Native American and a little bit of Shinto/Chinese Folk religion). whether is a man, insect, animal, rock or a thunderstorm, everything has a soul or spirit. i also believe in my ancestors. i believe in a divine spirit, but he does not interact with us. He created the world and everything in it and then he left it with his sons and daughters or demigods.

believe or not, i don't care and neither should you.

however, i do believe in science and math. i don't believe in liberal causes and their aftereffects.

Does math offer objective truth?

yes, it does. 2 + 2 = 4, unless you go with the new math....i believe the answer is mauve tangerine duck.

objective truth is based on evidence and logic. normally a republican uses it.

subjective truth is based on your feelings and opinions. normally a demoncrap uses it.
And where does evidence of logic emanate from?

The way life should be.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
SOMETHING created the universe. It cannot have created itself. The nature of that creator is open to debate and much mystery.
AYE !!!

"not too grumpy"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If you can look around and see all the miracles things around us and and not believe in God ,I feel sorry for you .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I reckon you don’t believe in the wind; it can’t be seen either!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
And gravity. it cannot be seen or adequately explained. It just is and without it nothing works.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I believe in God.

Christians are supposed to tell non believers about God's saving grace. I've yet to understand why this upsets some people so much. Listen, believe it, don't believe it, ignore it, make fun of those who profess the truth, whatever. Just understand that is what we are tasked with doing. It isn't meant to offend or insult unbelievers, it is simply our job.

And when some commie climate twit preaches at you you will be fine with that, what about sitting there listening to biden or the gay brigade.

Same thing sport...it is intrusive and fucking annoying having some control freak telling me how to think.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

"Objective truth refers to information or statements that correspond to reality independent of individual perspectives, emotions, or biases. It remains constant regardless of who observes or interprets it. The concept finds its roots in logic and empirical evidence, emphasizing the necessity of verifiable and repeatable facts.

Objective truth doesn’t waver based on personal opinions or cultural norms; rather, it remains steadfast and unchanging."

as i said 2 + 2 = 4. if you have 2 apples and you add another 2 apples, how many apples do you have? 4

hold a ball at shoulder length, turn your hand over and let the ball go. what happens? the ball falls down to the floor.

each of these cases always come to the truth. now if you were outside in space and turn your hand over and let the ball go, it will probably stay there. why? you changed locations. on Earth, the ball will fall. in space, the ball will stay there.

if you are in space and you have 2 apples and then you add another 2 apples, you have 4 apples.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Someone mentioned Christian values earlier in this thread. I do think many of the Christian values are very good and should be followed. However, there are some that either clearly need to be revised or need to be re-interpreted. For example, we tend to "turn the other cheek" too much, we show far too much of "love they neighbor" with our tendency to have open borders and flood the country with trash, we show "forgiveness" of criminals far too much and adhere to "thou shall not kill" with criminals when they should be executed. And that should include the criminally insane as well- get rid of them.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/12/24.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Originally Posted by Hastings
And gravity. it cannot be seen or adequately explained. It just is and without it nothing works.

Building any army of strawmen?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/12/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
"I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord..."

and all the rest of the Apostles' Creed

AMEN

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hope there is a God. If there is, I believe he will be good. Not just a being that is waiting for the day he can send millions to burn in hell. What kind of God would that be? What kind of God would even make a place like hell knowing he was going to send people there? I do believe that Christianity teaches people to be good and that makes the world a better place. It also gives people relief when they have death in their family and when they are close to death themselves. I have no problem with people being religious. I do not believe that the people who make the right choice will walk on streets of gold and the ones that make the wrong choice will burn for eternity. I mean come on man.....

I was raised in an Independent, Fundamental, Bible believing, missionary minded, tithe giving Baptist church. I've read the Bible over and over and attended Baptist Jr High, High School and Bible college. And I think it did me a lot of good but I still just hope there is a good God.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

"Objective truth refers to information or statements that correspond to reality independent of individual perspectives, emotions, or biases. It remains constant regardless of who observes or interprets it. The concept finds its roots in logic and empirical evidence, emphasizing the necessity of verifiable and repeatable facts.

Objective truth doesn’t waver based on personal opinions or cultural norms; rather, it remains steadfast and unchanging."

as i said 2 + 2 = 4. if you have 2 apples and you add another 2 apples, how many apples do you have? 4

hold a ball at shoulder length, turn your hand over and let the ball go. what happens? the ball falls down to the floor.

each of these cases always come to the truth. now if you were outside in space and turn your hand over and let the ball go, it will probably stay there. why? you changed locations. on Earth, the ball will fall. in space, the ball will stay there.

if you are in space and you have 2 apples and then you add another 2 apples, you have 4 apples.

Objective truth emanates from something beyond humanity. Such things are by their nature eternal. An absolute if you will. This points to intelligent design and the only one that can be is God. As for believing it is an article of faith.

The way life should be.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Objective truth emanates from something beyond humanity. Such things are by their nature eternal. An absolute if you will. This points to intelligent design and the only one that can be is God. As for believing it is an article of faith.

The Bible says with the faith of a mustard seed, you can remove a mountain. Surely your faith is that of a mustard seed. Can you please remove a moutain for us?

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I believe that was a reference to doubt in the mind and the heart not a literal mountain but you did understand that right?

The way life should be.
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I believe!!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The short answer is yes.

I will tell you that my run in with Cancer in 21 and 22 put me farther from God for quite a while. I just wasn't feeling it. I prayed a lot in those two years, but I didn't feel the answers coming. I finally deduced it was in the receiver and not the transmitter. By whatever mechanism, for whatever reason, the Cancer had attenuated my contact with the Holy Spirit. Once I got my head around that and changed the way I was praying, it was like swinging a directional antenna into the beam.

In retrospect, I realize miracles were happening all around me during that phase of my life. I had the dice rolling my way far too many times not to realize the dice were fixed. I was just too sick to see it.

Last week the Oncologist told me he could not call me "Cancer-free," but that he thought I should go about my life as though I was. It pretty much put a coda on the end of things. The week before, I was invited by an old co-worker to walk through the plant. They'd shut down operations after I left and the property is being sold. I went through and scrounged some cables and power strips. I'd spent 5 years there doing the networks, servers and end user support. My buddy kept asking "Are you up to this?" as I went diving under desks and scrambling around unhooking things. It then dawned on me that he hadn't seen me work in 3 years. Truth is, I'm feeling better now than most of that 5 year sting. I was sicker than I thought, and just thought it was old age creeping up on me.

The Good Lord, for whatever reason, stacked those dice so I could be here to tell you this.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Buuuuullshìt.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
We are free to believe what we want without proselytizing.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Why does God always get the praise for good things in a persons life yet is never blamed for the bad?

Cancer in kids? Kids molested? Especially the ones molested by the evil scum church authorities.
Why doesn't god stop any of these things from happening to his disciples?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Why does God always get the praise for good things in a persons life yet is never blamed for the bad?

Cancer in kids? Kids molested? Especially the ones molested by the evil scum church authorities.
Why doesn't god stop any of these things from happening to his disciples?

Cuz they deserved it!!

Wait, no, to teach the people around them a lesson!!

Wait, no, that was the debil...

Page 12 of 64 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,050
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.