Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#19206847 02/12/24
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I’m gonna take my employees on a hog hunt looking for good outfitters if anyone would have recommendations state isn’t important as good people

Never trust a man in a wheel chair...with dirty shoes.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This is where I hunt wild hogs with my friends. Challenging hunts as these animals are spooky and tough. No pay unless you shoot one. Pricing is about 35% LESS than other ranches I've contacted. -Sherwood

http://suwanneeriverranch.com/

email: huntSuwanneeRiverRanch.com

phone: 386-935-0012

Suwannee River Ranch
PO Box 269
Branford, Florida 32008

FIRE UP THE GRILL - is NOT catch and release!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Kill some damn pigs! What do you shoot pigs with?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure of your budget or timeline, but a place a bunch of us Yankees enjoyed for a couple of years was Caryonah Hunting Lodge out of Crossville, TN. Without too much else to do over a long weekend in February, four of us went there first and we all got hogs. Then we had such a good time, ten of us rented a motor home and did it again the next year. Seven of the guys got a hog and three of us got barbarossa rams. It has gotten more expensive since we all went, but the accommodations were great, we hunted how we wanted with or without dogs and with or without guides.

Something to think about is the amount of foliage you will be hunting in. Having spent the last seven years wintering in Florida, I wouldn't know how to hunt there because it was wall to wall green undergrowth with limited visibility. Crossville was rolling hills with oak trees that had shed their leaves.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it’s ironic that the ranchers claim the hogs are destroying their ranch, then want $’s for someone to kill the hogs.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bugger
I think it’s ironic that the ranchers claim the hogs are destroying their ranch, then want $’s for someone to kill the hogs.

they want it both ways, bitch about hogs destroying their land but want to be paid for killing off whats doing it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dont recall the name,

Remember seeing a place in AL advertised..

Night hunts with thermals.

They provided the guns / thermal scopes.

From the pics they showed, it was hunt/ shoot til you tired of it. Flat rate.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Just trying to recoop some $$ after they do the damage and they have to fix it.
Locals usually can get free access, NRs not so much.
Hogs incur costs for LOs, why not try to make something back to help offset the damage costs?

There are plenty of spots out there in Texas and other Southern states that are not put and take hog hunts. Night hunting with thermals seems to be the way to go these days, lots of places will supply the optics and weapons and take you to fields for spot and stalk hog hunting.

I would say this, try to go before the chiggers come out for the season, Feb into March/ early April.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tag lots of good information in this thread

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just a note. The last time I checked regulations it is against the law to hunt hogs in Tennessee. It is not against the law to shoot hogs which have been raised in a pen, no matter the size of the pen, then released for paying customers to shoot. In my opinion this is not hunting. If you want to hunt wild hogs go to Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, or places which do have huntable populations of wild hogs.
Take care,
Rick

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

This.

Ranchers will also tell you that you can kill as many as you want. They don't tell you that after you shoot, the herd scatters and may not come back to where you killed their buddy for a couple of weeks.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Pigs are damn smart, become nocturnal if hunted.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by hanco
And you gotta learn to think like a pig.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Riflehunter

Yep

Traps work around the clock. They get trap shy, but new pigs are born often. They aren’t so smart.

Last edited by hanco; 03/11/24.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
We have good luck mid day when hunting pressured hogs, they seem to not come out at first and last light after being shot at.
Noon to about 2:30 they seem to want to check feeders and fields if they are hunted hard at usual times.

Hope to see a few after the eclipse while we are down there, maybe find some late morels too.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If I set up a new spot, I wait at least three months before I hunt it. That gives the current population time to get it in their piggy brains as an instinctual place to find groceries.

I hunt a spot only once a month. I almost always get a shot.

That gives things time to settle down and maybe new animals begin to frequent.

I've been hunting most the same locations for as many as 20 years, and no shortage of pigs.

I've given up a couple locations due to my age and their remote locations.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Agree 10% on Suwannee River Ranch in Florida. Hunted there last year with 3 friends and we all agreed it is a wonderful place, with great people.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Riflehunter

Yep

Traps work around the clock. They get trap shy, but new pigs are born often. They aren’t so smart.

Yup,

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This spot used to be my best producer,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

but lately the pigs have been taking to eating all of the corn I put out on the outside of the trap as a teaser and not going in. I don't think its coons.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by okie john

This.

Ranchers will also tell you that you can kill as many as you want. They don't tell you that after you shoot, the herd scatters and may not come back to where you killed their buddy for a couple of weeks.

Okie John
I've killed pigs same spot 3 days in a row. And have shot pigs and not seen em again in weeks or even months.

A few things. Ranchers have destruction by pigs and if they can recover a bit of money to help with that then why not? I have em on our place and we still pay to hunt other places for fun at times.

Habits of hogs tell you all you need to know, which is there is nothing guaranteed about hunting em. Here today gone tomorrow.

Of course that happens with a lot of other game so I'm not sure why it should be surprising to anyone.

Daytime pigs are a luxury. If you want to hunt pigs I suggest you come with a thermal scope for sure. I bet less than 20% of pigs I kill are during daylight hours.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
THAT'S HUMAN NATURE !!

"not too grumpy"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 61 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,714
Posts18,475,547
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.