Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by rost495
Who the heck is the troll anyway. Besides an idiot that doesn't know what SSS really means?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/users/828/wdh
Seems I recall a troll by those initials thats a liberal POS.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Seavey wins! You heard it here first. Jimmy Olson!

OK- last I heard he was just 20 miles out, with whosis 3 hours behind.

And another dog croaked. That will give SSS a woody!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
The world is changing and the race can’t keep sponsors. Won’t be much longer.

End the race. Modern day mushers are weak ass little bitches. Couldn’t even run the race unless there’s a groomed trail for them.

Dog killers. All of them. Inhumane how they treat those dogs.

You're 10-ply bud.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's all over Rover, Dallas took over - moose gutting job and all . . .

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The greatest Iditarod musher of all time.

Record #6.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Record #6.
All of Dallas wins have been under the 8 hour hold in White Mountain. All of Rick Swensons wins were races that he had to race all the way to Nome. There's a difference.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by martentrapper

Record #6.
All of Dallas wins have been under the 8 hour hold in White Mountain. All of Rick Swensons wins were races that he had to race all the way to Nome. There's a difference.
Yup, everybody in the races knew well ahead of time where the race truly was decided. Everyone knew ahead of time and ran under exactly the same rules for each race.

Same:same

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
On second thought, Jeff King in the year of the epic sled dog collapse would probably have preferred to keep his team walking to Nome.

The layover took the heart out of the team...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by las
Seavey wins! You heard it here first. Jimmy Olson!

OK- last I heard he was just 20 miles out, with whosis 3 hours behind.

And another dog croaked. That will give SSS a woody!
Yup. Looks like Peta murdered another dog under a false flag operation. How can they pretend to love animals when they kill them to try to false flag a false point of information.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Thank god the race is over. How many dogs will be put to sleep that didn’t perform to their expectations?

Time to write all the individual sponsors and let them know you will not support their business due to their sponsorship of musher and race!

IC B3

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
i watch this Iditarod 2024 sled dog race from the beginning to the end on sky cam the one thing i did notice is how every dog musher person understood every dog they had in the race by name and the special care these musher`s gave to each of their dogs in the race . Yes Dallas Seavey won again " his 6th win a new record " but he was sure careful with his sled dogs health ,Dallas even said these sled dogs might not be the fastest but everyone of these dogs have a lot heart and stamina . i remembered this one detail when Dallas would take off each time with his sled and dogs that was kinda neat when Dallas hollered to his lead dog : Arrow ready ! GO ! i have listened to every Iditarod race since it started and the Seavey family when they raced they have always done well and taken great care of their sled dogs too. >sure is another wonderful Iditarod sled dog race i look forward to next years race 2025 !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have tried, and just can't get interested in this race. To me it is like Baseball, a fun game to play, but not so much to watch. I have owned a lot of dogs, some good and some not so good, Bird dogs, coon dogs, Great Pyrenees, and just dogs. I am not advocating ending the event, just stating how I feel. miles

Last edited by milespatton; 03/13/24.

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
Thank god the race is over. How many dogs will be put to sleep that didn’t perform to their expectations?........

But it's not over! There are dozens of mushers yet to cross the finish line or scratch, thus endangering more canins and moose to death. Hell, the dogs still have to be flown home, endangering them to crashing.

Life is dangerous. Then you die.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_cardiac_death_of_athletes

Last edited by Huntster; 03/13/24.

NRA Life Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seldomseensmith is very near getting on my ignore list, which is small. I just need to read some post on other subjects. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
Seldomseensmith is very near getting on my ignore list, which is small. I just need to read some post on other subjects. miles
Check out his "brilliance" as WDH while you are at it. He has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt he is an idiot. One choice fact from her is bull moose grow one brow time for each year of life.

He/she is too pathetic to worry about. More a waste of electrons, water, oxygen, and food.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by milespatton
Check out his "brilliance" as WDH while you are at it. He has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt he is an idiot. One choice fact from her is bull moose grow one brow time for each year of life.

He/she is too pathetic to worry about. More a waste of electrons, water, oxygen, and food.
one brow per year. OK SSS is for sure stupid. Wow. Never thought one in AK could be that dumb.

But the dog thing. Thats a paid whine from PETA again. Has ZERO clue about dogs in general. How they are treated. What it means for dogs to do dog things etc... fools. What a shame.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
She’s a DSMFer.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
SSS is an anchor baby wetback, a typical leftard that see's his cousins running like wild dogs across the border, & his infantile mind reacts to see dogs running

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
She is not from around here...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dude has been posting negative rubbish on the Iditarod threads for years. Not even worth responding to. Dog mushing is the official sport of Alaska. It will remain so, regardless of how racing changes over the years.

Anyhow, shifting back to the race:
This win is unique because Dallas won a race on a sled he built with his own 2 hands. Thats pretty big, he's now into sled design. I agree with his assertions on sled bags and zippers.

He eliminated a sledbag from a "shaving weight" perspective. They do accumulate alot of moisture and snow. He also shaved down the amount of uhmw used. That sht is so heavy.

Regarding zippers, I did the same thing back in 2020. Sewed up a 1680d sled bag that is a roll-top like an old dry-bag. Then you lash with compression straps. Quicker than fking with a frozen/damaged zipper. Saves TIME!

It adds up, I bet he shaved quite a few minutes of fking with a frozen damaged zipper.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03/13/24.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 53 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,582
Posts18,473,355
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.