Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 64 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 63 64
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Get your wife to go through childbirth without help with pain because odds are she's going to be ok.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Sheesh. TF
Like you know what it's like being crucified.
Yes there was a lot of pain, but extreme physical pain cuts out once it reaches a certain level, so that mainly leaves the mental component. But he had that all under control, he knew there was no finality, knew where he was going and knew he had a great future in another realm. Sure, I wouldn't like to go through a crucifixion, but I would much rather be Jesus than anybody else going through it.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I keep hearing Jesus died for our sins. But, then he came back to life just a few days later. So wouldn’t it be more accurate to say, Jesus had a really bad weekend for our sins?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
In many ways, knowing that you were going to become the most famous person on earth ever to have existed but have to suffer some pain for several days, would be better than just living for years as a vegetable in an old person's care facility and never being anything or anyone. And then there's the years of pain that some of these victims of child sex abuse by priests suffer (that God has allowed to happen), before it gets too much for them with some committing suicide...I'd much rather go through a crucifixion as Jesus and suffer for just a few days.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/12/24.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Dons99
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Christians didn't kill Christ, God the Father willingly sent him to die on a cross because of his love for us.

Please explain how sending your only son to his death is a sign of love?
Dude, you're using up my bandwidth. I'll give you the verse again...

John 3:16 For God so LOVED the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And this,
Romans 5:8-10
But God demonstrates his own LOVE for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!

Why the need for the blood, torture, and human sacrifice?

If He's God he could skip all of that a move straight to Grace.

So the most innocent one could suffer the ultimate pain and disgrace so that HIS suffering and blood could atone for your sins and shortcomings. There was a price to be paid for your salvation to be avaliable, whether you reject it or not.

HE suffered and died knowing many would not appreciate His greatest efforts in order to give them the greatest gift of all. HIS blood was so clean it could wash away your most evil transgressions if you only asked.

Should he have given HIS blood to any for free? HIS cleansing blood was the most precious in the world and HE only asked you a pittance for it.
It wasn't nearly as much suffering for Jesus as it would be for a normal person. He had full knowledge that it wasn't really the end for him and that he was merely passing from one place to another. In the new place he would be worshipped, respected for evermore. Sure, there was some temporary pain, but he knew he would transcend all that.

A proper sacrifice would be if Jesus went to hell on our behalf. The fable is screwed up and even the believers can't make sense of it - "It's complicated..." LOL!!!

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jacki Evancho, Amazing Grace.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
I took a lot of classes in microbiology, cell physiology, embryology and physics in college. When I learned complexity of the human body and in the universe I found it impossible to not believe in an intelligence behind the design. During one of my classes where we were studying the human immune system I had my awakening. That day is when I started to take my pursuit of knowing him more seriously.
Whenever I read " Why don't Christians follow Christian values" or some derivative of that statement, it always makes me chuckle. Of course nobody follows those values perfectly, or even very well. We're humans, walking contradictions, constantly getting pulled this way and that way by the world around us. Just because we know what is right doesn't mean we are always going to choose it.
The idea of " progressive sanctification " is a process, many steps forward and backwards along the way. Literally why we have to pick up our cross each and every day and pray for strength to bear it.

So God created Malaria, Bubonic plague, Leprosy, Smallpox, Tuberculosis, Cholera, Anthrax, Tetanis, etc?

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Yes I do and am thankful for his grace and blessings

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
So God created Malaria, Bubonic plague, Leprosy, Smallpox, Tuberculosis, Cholera, Anthrax, Tetanis, etc?

God created a utopia first, free of all that and everything else, but with man's sin and disobeying God, the world has fallen. This world is what it is, mostly controlled by Satan as evident by the widespread pain and suffering.

None of that exists in Heaven, as promised by God, and the only way there is through believing in His Son as your Savior. It's a choice only each person can make.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The question of, “Is there a God…?,” is typically an off ramp to faith, not an on ramp to faith. The question to ask…especially when it comes to considering if Christianity is something that’s even worth taking seriously or even worth considering…the question is this: is the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke, or ~ not and ~ or John a reliable account of actual events…? This is the issue, this is the question when it comes to Christianity.

Is the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John…any one of the four…a reliable account of actual events…? Because if any one of these four is an actual account or reliable account of actual events, then what they say about Jesus is true. And if what they say about Jesus is true, then game on…! Press on and lean in.

Investigate it. Kick the tires. Ask the hard questions. It rises and falls on the identity of a single individual ~ Jesus.

Because really the only good reason to not follow Jesus is that you’ve decided that Luke (for example) isn't trustworthy. Have you decided that many people did not endeavor to tell and record the story of Jesus, that he did not carefully investigate everything, that he did not talk to the eyewitnesses, that he did not actually know Peter, and that he did not actually know James (the brother of Jesus), and that he did not carefully investigate everything from the beginning…?

But if you read the Gospel of Luke (for example) and you read the Book of Acts, you may be convinced ~ you may be convinced of this: That 2000 years ago, something extraordinary did happen. Something extraordinary for you, and for your family, and for ALL of us.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Christians didn't kill Christ, God the Father willingly sent him to die on a cross because of his love for us.

Please explain how sending your only son to his death is a sign of love?
Dude, you're using up my bandwidth. I'll give you the verse again...

John 3:16 For God so LOVED the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And this,
Romans 5:8-10
But God demonstrates his own LOVE for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!

Why the need for the blood, torture, and human sacrifice?

If He's God he could skip all of that a move straight to Grace.

So the most innocent one could suffer the ultimate pain and disgrace so that HIS suffering and blood could atone for your sins and shortcomings. There was a price to be paid for your salvation to be avaliable, whether you reject it or not.

HE suffered and died knowing many would not appreciate His greatest efforts in order to give them the greatest gift of all. HIS blood was so clean it could wash away your most evil transgressions if you only asked.

Should he have given HIS blood to any for free? HIS cleansing blood was the most precious in the world and HE only asked you a pittance for it.
It wasn't nearly as much suffering for Jesus as it would be for a normal person. He had full knowledge that it wasn't really the end for him and that he was merely passing from one place to another. In the new place he would be worshipped, respected for evermore. Sure, there was some temporary pain, but he knew he would transcend all that.

Completely wrong. Jesus suffered even more than anyone realizes. God left him while he was suffering on the cross. At his worst moment he had no comfort, no assurance, because God had forsaken him completely. According to Jewish writers of that period, Jesus was beaten to the point where it was impossible to tell if there was even a human hanging on the cross. At his worst moment, he did not have the comfort of knowing he was rising again.His God, his father, and all hope had left him.

Last edited by RHClark; 03/13/24.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd rather believe in God and find out I'm wrong...

than to NOT believe in God and find out I'm wrong.

Yet I have problems believing in many "preachers" and religious interpretations, & condemnations if you don't see it their way.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
In many ways, knowing that you were going to become the most famous person on earth ever to have existed but have to suffer some pain for several days, would be better than just living for years as a vegetable in an old person's care facility and never being anything or anyone. And then there's the years of pain that some of these victims of child sex abuse by priests suffer (that God has allowed to happen), before it gets too much for them with some committing suicide...I'd much rather go through a crucifixion as Jesus and suffer for just a few days.

God is not letting it happen as you say. God is not sitting in Heaven micromanaging the earth. God has given the earth to man for a time period. Man is letting all those evils happen while God pleads with him not to. When the time of man is over God will again take ownership and rid the world of that evil you say he is now allowing.

Ever since God gave the earth to Adam God has needed to use a man to accomplish anything he wanted done. God had to use all the saints and prophets to speak and accomplish his will in the earth. Go back and read the scriptures with this knowledge and you can see how God did nothing without a man.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
God, YES.

Heaven, NO

Christ being the savior, NO

Could God be dead, YES.

Salvation/damnation etc is all something created by man.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

Why do people blame God for their evil rather than taking personal responsibility?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.
Yes, I absolutely believe in God! And what you are saying is your opinion and nothing more. The world would be be much better place if we all followed Christian morals

Get the Christians to follow the morals first....then see who follows.
Im not talking about "christian" humans. Im talking of the teachings. Being a moral person isnt a bad thing, whether one believe in God or no. Society would be MUCH better off

One shouldn't need be Christian to know that murder bad, buggering kids bad, etc etc.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by KillerBee
One thing is an ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY, we are all going to find out in the end. Some of us sooner than others.

I know there are angles and nobody can convince me otherwise, and since there are angles, there is God.

AMEN!

That seems like a pretty obtuse answer.

How do angles prove God?

Can you measure him with a protractor?

I believe and have faith, that one can not exist without the other.

I am not a bible thumper, I have no desire to convince anybody of anything.

Faith is a personal decision, you either have it or you do not. I grew up in a household of atheists, my remaining family members are still atheists, and I have no issues with that.

Bee,

An angle is a figure formed by two straight lines or rays that meet at a common endpoint. Hence the reason your answer was obtuse....

I was not wearing my reading glasses missed the typo and didn't notice!

May Gos forgive me 🤣😂🤣

KB

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by gregintenn
At that point, I am commanded to dust off my feet and move on. Your blood will not be on my hands.

Somewhat arrogant to think you have a monopoly on belief.
It goes both way.

I'm only telling you about salvation. You are free do not believe it. I feel it is my duty to inform you. Not change your mind.

Page 17 of 64 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 160user, 16penny, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,983
Posts18,499,709
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.