Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I believe in God.

Christians are supposed to tell non believers about God's saving grace. I've yet to understand why this upsets some people so much. Listen, believe it, don't believe it, ignore it, make fun of those who profess the truth, whatever. Just understand that is what we are tasked with doing. It isn't meant to offend or insult unbelievers, it is simply our job.

And when some commie climate twit preaches at you you will be fine with that, what about sitting there listening to biden or the gay brigade.

Same thing sport...it is intrusive and fucking annoying having some control freak telling me how to think.
At that point, I am commanded to dust off my feet and move on. Your blood will not be on my hands.
question?? Why defend your position? Just an observation but appears that you have a savior complex and your coming across as holier than thou. Why?
That wasn't my intention at all. I do appreciate your observation. I've always struggled with conveying my thoughts and beliefs in a way that didn't piss people off. I'm still working on it. Got any advice to that end?
no I really don't, I fall short in my walk all the time, I think the best thing I can do is lead by example I should clarify, my observation after reading all these posts is not just you but a lot of the ones that call themselves Christians have a savior complex, holier than thou and want to past Judgement on to those of us that don't necessarily agree with your ideology, if God is who you believe and say he is let him do the convicting, saving and judging. Maybe we mortals can lead by example.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Why don't some of you strong defenders of God's disgusting behavior or lack of intervention when appropriate, be strong enough to call him out and tell him he needs to lift his game? He needs to change.

Some of you just need to read a Bible, AND comprehend it.

The answers to all your questions are in there.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Why don't some of you strong defenders of God's disgusting behavior or lack of intervention when appropriate, be strong enough to call him out and tell him he needs to lift his game? He needs to change.

The example of God intervening when a tribe of people worship a false idol is from the Bible and is an example of comprehending it. The example of God not intervening when priests sexually abuse children is a glaring omission from the Bible. So that constitutes full comprehension of the Bible....but it doesn't explain why some of you defenders of God's poor behavior don't call him out and show some courage.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Why would a righteous god be silent knowing he can stop priests (or anyone else) from molesting children but chooses to just sit on the side lines and watch? Same goes for cancer in children.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

The example of God intervening when a tribe of people worship a false idol is from the Bible and is an example of comprehending it. The example of God not intervening when priests sexually abuse children is a glaring omission from the Bible. So that constitutes full comprehension of the Bible....but it doesn't explain why some of you defenders of God's poor behavior don't call him out and show some courage.
Riflehumter seriously check out Jason Bershears. His tireless work and effort he has put forth on the biblical chronology, his cross referencing with multiple sources of ancient texts will enlighten you.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Because we are taught to be obedient and surrender to something greater than us.
It's a hard thing to do when one thinks they are greater themselves.

I've said here earlier, hard to seek the face of God when you think you are a God.
That is the sin that Adam committed. The devil convinced him that eating the fruit would enable him (Adam) to be "as" God.

Jesus was the second Adam, As God's direct son, through a birth, his blood is the final blood to be sacrificed. Animal blood sacrifice was old testament.

I can somewhat relate to your thought of "calling God out".
My sister lost her daughter when she was 10. That is now 15 years ago.

In her words, not mine................"I am pissed at God, and He will have some questions I will need answered when I get to heaven. My job is to live a life to get to heaven to ask those questions"

Unfortunately, we all too often forget there is a devil (The world) that is here everyday to convince us "we are just like God" ---------------- The Original sin.

At the end of the day, surrender and obedience are tough words in a world that advertises "have it your way" - "you DESERVE a break today" - "you only live once" kind of crap.

I'm not expecting anyone to understand my thought process, but I will absolutely testify that joy has come to me by being obedient to the word and surrendering to the unforced rhythms of the Holy Spirit.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Start with Luke 12:13, and keep reading......

Maybe God has done something about it. It's just that those He's sent here to fix things like that are too busy not believing and bitching about it on an internet forum.

You're the one enlightened enough to declare God doesn't exist. Surely you're intelligent enough to deal with a few ass hole priests.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

Because we are taught to be obedient and surrender to something greater than us.

I've said here earlier, hard to seek the face of God when you think you are a God.
That is the sin that Adam committed. The devil convinced him that eating the fruit would enable him (Adam) to be "as" God.

Jesus was the second Adam, As God's direct son, through a birth, his blood is the final blood to be sacrificed. Animal blood sacrifice was old testament.

In her words, not mine................"I am pissed at God, and He will have some questions I will need answered when I get to heaven. My job is to live a life to get to heaven to ask those questions"

Unfortunately, we all too often forget there is a devil (The world) that is here everyday to convince us "we are just like God" ---------------- The Original sin.

At the end of the day, surrender and obedience are tough words in a world that advertises "have it your way" - "you DESERVE a break today" - "you only live once" kind of crap.

I'm not expecting anyone to understand my thought process, but I will absolutely testify that joy has come to me by being obedient to the word and surrendering to the unforced rhythms of the Holy Spirit.

GOOD post.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pain and suffering and injustice in the world are not arguments against the existence of God. They’re just arguments against the existence of a God who doesn’t allow pain and suffering and injustice in the world.

And Christianity has never made an argument for God’s
existence or involvement based on a world where bad things never happen to good people or innocent children. Christianity has never espoused a God who doesn’t allow bad things to happen to good people or innocent children.

Christianity is actually founded upon the fact that the worst possible thing happened to the best possible person.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yes.

Bb

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
Pain and suffering and injustice in the world are not arguments against the existence of God. They’re just arguments against the existence of a God who doesn’t allow pain and suffering and injustice in the world.

existence or involvement based on a world where bad things never happen to good people or innocent children. Christianity has never espoused a God who doesn’t allow bad things to happen to good people or innocent children.

Christianity is actually founded upon the fact that the worst possible thing happened to the best possible person.

Preach!!!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

GOOD post.....

Thanks

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Many people equate God with Christ in some version of Christianity they worship. Omnipotent Almighty might agree or feel slighted. Or not even notice or care. Lots of other religions out there certainly get offended at such self serving acclimation.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Kind of takes the wind out of peoples sails to live a good life.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RHOD
Originally Posted by Dons99
I keep hearing Jesus died for our sins. But, then he came back to life just a few days later. So wouldn’t it be more accurate to say, Jesus had a really bad weekend for our sins?
Careful my friend, this is what God says about people that make light of his Son dying for us and count it as nothing. "Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us." Hebrews 10:29

Yeah, If there was a chance in Hell of the God of the Bible actually existing I might be worried.
Placing a large bet. "So will it be at the end of the age: The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous, and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth" Matt 13:49-50

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

Unless you understand that the after life is the goal, and passing through this evil world is just a step towards getting there......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
A quick sum up:

Gonna be lots of surprises come Judgement Day!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dons99
I keep hearing Jesus died for our sins. But, then he came back to life just a few days later. So wouldn’t it be more accurate to say, Jesus had a really bad weekend for our sins?
Careful my friend, this is what God says about people that make light of his Son dying for us and count it as nothing. "Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us." Hebrews 10:29
Another threat by God...behavior that isn't tolerated in a modern world, but it's ok for God to do it.
Like it or not God makes the rules SMH

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Unless you are able to also embrace the fact that He willingly did that for you, and for me, and for ALL of us.

He created something brand new ~ a totally different way of approaching life. Within the context of a brand New Covenant that says "Your sin is paid for, now live a life that reflects the love and forgiveness of God as you mirror that in your love and forgiveness of the people around you." A personal relationship with your Creator. No need for ANY mediators.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 19 of 64 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 1,929 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,257
Posts18,525,226
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.