Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 64 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 63 64
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Why don't some of you strong defenders of God's disgusting behavior or lack of intervention when appropriate, be strong enough to call him out and tell him he needs to lift his game? He needs to change.
Job tried that...
Besides God says,
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 58:8-9

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by antlers
Christianity is actually founded upon the fact that the worst possible thing happened to the best possible person.

Kind of takes the wind out of peoples sails to live a good life.

Unless you understand that the after life is the goal, and passing through this evil world is just a step towards getting there......
Reminds me of an old saying "Life here on earth will be the only heaven unbelievers will ever experience and life here on earth will be the only hell believers will ever experience"

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why don't some of you strong defenders of God's disgusting behavior or lack of intervention when appropriate, be strong enough to call him out and tell him he needs to lift his game? He needs to change.

Some of you just need to read a Bible, AND comprehend it.

The answers to all your questions are in there.

Do you believe everything you read?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dons99
Job tried that...
Besides God says,
declares the Lord.
IF a sociopath on trial for the killing of 10 persons were to use the defense: "my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways" I doubt if that would constitute a valid defense. And effectively saying that as Heaven is higher than earth, therefore my crimes and lack of action are ok, doesn't sit right with me. Hypothetically, when I go to Heaven, if I were to somehow start raping all the angels in Heaven, then that would be fine as I was in Heaven, and whatever happens in Heaven is ok because the Heavens are higher than the earth. It's also saying that sins or amoral actions in Heaven are fine...yet we tend to think of Heaven as not being crime riddled but free from sin and free from crime.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/13/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is an interesting question. For exploration, please post the documented list of disgusting behaviors by God, and the instances where God was required to intervene and did not. Thank you.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Also, it is nobler in God’s sight to believe without needing a miracle. Jesus visited the Samaritans, and “because of his words many more became believers” (John 4:41, emphasis added). Just a few verses later, Jesus rebukes the Galileans: “Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders . . . you will never believe” (John 4:48). Unlike the Samaritans, the people of Galilee required signs and wonders.

2. Some people seek after signs and wonders because they do not believe the signs and wonders which have already been performed. The Pharisees of Matthew 12 were just such a lot. Jesus had been performing miracles for quite some time when a group of scribes and Pharisees came to Him with an insolent demand to see another sign. In response, Jesus condemned them as “wicked and adulterous” (Matthew 12:38-39).

They were “wicked” in that they refused to believe the signs and wonders Christ had already performed. “In spite of his wonders, they did not believe” (Psalm 78:32). Their hearts were hardened towards the truth, even after numerous public miracles. Nothing would make them believe; their hearts were as pharaoh’s, hardened after witnessing so many of Moses’ miracles in Egypt (Exodus 9:34-35).

They were “adulterous” in the spiritual sense, having left the true worship of God to follow a man-made set of rules and traditions. Not satisfied with the miracles Jesus was doing, they demanded something even greater. As commentator Matthew Barnes puts it, “They looked for signs of their own devising.” So entrenched was their rejection of Christ that, when later presented with the “sign of the prophet Jonah” (Christ’s resurrection, Matthew 12:39-40), they still would not believe.

3. Some people seek after signs and wonders because they seek an occasion to excuse their unbelief. There were people in Jesus’ day who “tested” Him by seeking a sign (Matthew 16:1; Luke 11:16). Since they

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by fishnpbr

Some of you just need to read a Bible, AND comprehend it.

The answers to all your questions are in there.

Do you believe everything you read?

GOD gives the gift of Discernment to many of HIS. Unbelievers, not so much.

To those who have much (like faith, more is given.

Sorry, Charley.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
This is an interesting question. For exploration, please post the documented list of disgusting behaviors by God, and the instances where God was required to intervene and did not. Thank you.
Well, I just gave two examples, perhaps you can start answering those instead of arrogantly asking me to prepare a long list.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHOD
I keep hearing Jesus died for our sins. But, then he came back to life just a few days later. So wouldn’t it be more accurate to say, Jesus had a really bad weekend for our sins?
Careful my friend, this is what God says about people that make light of his Son dying for us and count it as nothing. "Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us." Hebrews 10:29
Another threat by God...behavior that isn't tolerated in a modern world, but it's ok for God to do it.
Every culture throughout history has been a "modern world" in its own time - such modernity always in flux. Is it your position that humans should be able to tell God how to behave in conformity to the then current condition of humanity?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Job tried that...
Besides God says,
declares the Lord.
IF a sociopath on trial for the killing of 10 persons were to use the defense: "my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways" I doubt if that would constitute a valid defense. And effectively saying that as Heaven is higher than earth, therefore my crimes and lack of action are ok, doesn't sit right with me. Hypothetically, when I go to Heaven, if I were to somehow start raping all the angels in Heaven, then that would be fine as I was in Heaven, and whatever happens in Heaven is ok because the Heavens are higher than the earth.
I'm sorry I can't give you the answers you want, all I can do is tell you what God says in His word, which I take on faith to be The truth. I think I said earlier that you can go to God with honest and sincere questions. Many have, you might be surprised.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I keep hearing Jesus died for our sins. But, then he came back to life just a few days later. So wouldn’t it be more accurate to say, Jesus had a really bad weekend for our sins?
Careful my friend, this is what God says about people that make light of his Son dying for us and count it as nothing. "Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us." Hebrews 10:29

Yeah, If there was a chance in Hell of the God of the Bible actually existing I might be worried.

HE loves you and gave His only begotten son for you. HE blessed you with life. HE gave you the Word and the Word is JESUS.

HE loves you enough that HE wants you to enjoy a short life on earth that HE may bless mightily with riches untold, as HE Blesses many who are lost. Why would HE want you to live life on earth in misery from worry. If you chose the ways of the flesh instead of the ways of the Everlasting Spirit it's your mistake, not HIS.

There is a reason JESUS weeps. He weeps for you. "My people perish for lack of knowledge."

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I just gave two examples, perhaps you can start answering those instead of arrogantly asking me to prepare a long list.
I did not ask for a long list, but rather asked you to document God's disgusting behaviors in a list - even one example is a listing. I don't see a single such example in the above post. If you identified even one documented disgusting behavior, please re-post it. Same request for a required intervention that was not conducted. Thanks.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Another threat by God...behavior that isn't tolerated in a modern world, but it's ok for God to do it.
Every culture throughout history has been a "modern world" in its own time - such modernity always in flux. Is it your position that humans should be able to tell God how to behave in conformity to the then current condition of humanity?
There's a subtle difference between telling God how to behave, and calling him out for intervening and executing with great vengeance a community should a tribe of people worship a false idol (that is, something that is not God) and then failing to take action when priests habitually sexually molest young innocent children who are attempting to worship God.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Someone asked, if GOD loved us so much, why didn't HE send JESUS CHRIST to Hell? HE did.

GOD meant us to be sinless and to live forever in the Garden of Eden eating grapes and multiplying. Satan beguiled Eve and Adam and sin entered into man. Man became of the weakness of flesh through sin which begats death to all.

After death from Crucifixion JESUS CHRIST spent 3 days in Hell and retrieved the keys to everlasting life from Lucifer. HE did that so those born of man in the flesh could still, after death of their flesh, still have GODS gift of the everlasting spirit HE had imparted into them by creating men in HIS Image.

Thus the battle between the Spirit and the Flesh.

HE gave men the power of choice.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I did not ask for a long list, but rather asked you to document God's disgusting behaviors in a list - even one example is a listing. I don't see a single such example in the above post. If you identified even one documented disgusting behavior, please re-post it. Same request for a required intervention that was not conducted. Thanks.
See my above post.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/13/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's a subtle difference between telling God how to behave, and calling him out for intervening and executing with great vengeance a community should a tribe of people worship a false idol (that is, something that is not God) and then failing to take action when priests habitually sexually molest young innocent children who are attempting to worship God.

Is it just he priest you are mad about? Of is it all molesters?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Parts of me admire people who have blind faith in god. The way my brain is wired I will remain a non believer until a sign from god convinces me to do otherwise.
I will not fake a belief.

You missed the most common type of believer, of which the Fire has many, like those who believe and rarely if ever say anything to give you a clue and never quote any scripture and do so as to not make waves. They'd just as soon you go to hell in peace or don't want to ruffle feathers, I suppose. Ha, many fear upsetting someone or making an enemy and turning someone who doesn't believe against GOD. Ha, they don't want to turn someone against GOD who is going to hell. GOD said your blood will be on their hands. HE said those who acknowledge JESUS CHRIST will be so done in return in front of The Father.

The signs from Heaven are all around you. None are so blind as those who would not see.

Dogs and donkeys and shrimp and the heathen contemplate them not.

Your very life is a blessing from GOD, yet you contemplate that not.

HE said, Let there be light, and the spark of life occurred which your gods can not create.

The spark of light that occurs when a spermatozoa penetrates a human egg.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]how to print screen on pc

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[url=https://postimages

I fail to see how your not understanding light is proof of God.

Sorry, HE nor I ever meant for you to have tangible proof. If HE gave proof even the evil would see and ask and end up in Heaven, like they do on the Fire.

I gave what I and others see. I presented what HE gave us to see. I see HIM there and the truth of HIS words are enough proof for me to have faith and believe.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

Is it just he priest you are mad about? Of is it all molesters?
Why I mention the priest molesters is because the little innocent children are doing their utmost at the time they are molested to worship, praise and learn about God. Yet God "rewards" them (and their parents who sent them to church) by allowing them to be molested. All molesters are scum in answer to your question.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You may be experiencing some subtlety, but you did not answer the question directly derived from your former post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See my above post.
This is your "above post'': "Another threat by God...behavior that isn't tolerated in a modern world, but it's ok for God to do it." So - it is your position that a threat by God is disgusting behavior. Is that because you think that threats are not tolerated in your modern world? Or are you dodging the request to document what you label as God's "disgusting behaviors"?

Page 20 of 64 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1Longbow, 22250rem, 1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 48 invisible), 2,160 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,234
Posts18,504,419
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.