Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 64 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 63 64
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JakeM78
Why don't people live happy with what they believe and STFU?

I swear, this thread is like a Vegan/Lesbian conversion session.
Because there may be someone reading this thread that needs to hear the truth.

Why can’t folks who deny God simply refrain from clicking on such threads?

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
In terms of evangelizing atheists, we should not hold back the gospel from someone just because he or she claims to be an atheist. Do not forget that an atheist is just as lost as a Muslim, Hindu, or Buddhist. God certainly wants us to spread the gospel and to defend the truths of His word. I am not, however, obligated to waste my time trying to convince the unwilling. In fact, we are warned not to expend excessive effort on those who are clearly disinterested in any honest discussions (Matthew 7:6).

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by DBT
So God created Malaria, Bubonic plague, Leprosy, Smallpox, Tuberculosis, Cholera, Anthrax, Tetanis, etc?

God created a utopia first, free of all that and everything else, but with man's sin and disobeying God, the world has fallen. This world is what it is, mostly controlled by Satan as evident by the widespread pain and suffering.

None of that exists in Heaven, as promised by God, and the only way there is through believing in His Son as your Savior. It's a choice only each person can make.

Man's sin ruined the utopia God created?

Given omniscience and omnipotence, how is that possible? Unless it was the plan, in which case the responsibility lies with God.

And the existence of germs and viruses proves natural evolution....unless they are designed by God?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DBT

Given omniscience and omnipotence, how is that possible? Unless it was the plan, in which case the responsibility lies with God.

And the existence of germs and viruses proves natural evolution....unless they are designed by God?

God created the perfect world, he created man with free will, man screwed it all up, God sent Jesus to take on the sins of believers. God knew it was going to happen, as nothing takes Him by surprise. God is not going to make anyone love or accept him. It's not real hard.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by CCCC
It's also rather bizarre that God knowingly made some people so that when those same people, to the very best of their abilities and with total honesty, come to an incorrect conclusion about God's existence, he punishes them by sending them to eternal hell. These are people who are not exercising any choice in believing or not believing, they have carefully thought about the question, have examined the evidence, acted with total honesty, and their brain generates the answer. The answer that their brain generates is that they don't think there is a god. Yet God punishes those people in the most severe manner possible. To me, that is a punishment completely out of proportion to the "crime"... if there is a crime at all. This is poor behavior by God.
Actually now, who are these "some people" and how do you truly know the sincerity and fullness of their efforts? How have you determined that with accuracy? Or, are you merely stating a hypothetical as if it were real - and then trying to criticize God on such a flimsy basis? Or, are those cited "people" actually you? Is there any substance at all in your post?
I'm not even going to reply to your post with your attitude. You denying that priests have molested innocent children and that God failed to intervene is evidence that a person can not discuss anything contrary to your view. There is no point in discussing anything with you.
What a joke! Check all of the posts - I denied nothing, so your entire "reason" is void. Either you are delusional or you are a liar - take your pick. I simply asked you to document your negative claims about disgusting behavior and negligence by God. You responded with zilch.

My attitude is that I ask questions regarding your statements - questions that you will not, or can not, answer. You make nasty claims about God being disgusting, refuse to document your reasons, and then use a false excuse about "attitude" to cut and run when a mere human holds you accountable. That is your disgusting behavior. What do you imagine that God thinks of that?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just some rambling thoughts from the back of the room......

This is no more or no less complicated than the basic struggle between good and evil. God is good, Satan is evil, end of story. And the influences of either are easily seen by anyone with even half a lick of sense. Why anyone would live their lives with an adamant rejection of good is just beyond me.

We spend our lives mistreating ourselves, each other, this planet and all that's in it, and we mistreat our Creator. Not one of us deserves God's grace, yet, with a simple sincere plea for forgiveness, He gives it.

It's a little late to continue to be torn up about the first coming of Christ. Mankind has been given many second chances, and have royally screwed it up each and every time.

The real concern should be the second coming of Christ, because as promised, when that happens, God will take His believers home in one fell swoop, the non-believers will be left to Satan, and this world will cease to exist. Like it or not, since Jesus died on that cross, we are currently living through our one last chance.

Yet it believed that God created satan. Being omniscient and omnipotent, God would know that He was creating evil. And that is what is written in the bible, that God creates evil.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by DBT

God created the perfect world, he created man with free will, man screwed it all up, God sent Jesus to take on the sins of believers. God knew it was going to happen, as nothing takes Him by surprise. God is not going to make anyone love or accept him. It's not real hard.
Excellent response. It seems as though Satan's tools get into some threads. Some here will consistently try to deny the existence of free will for humans. They must need someone else to take responsibility/blame for their behavior.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I always enjoy hearing the different opinions. It’s especially fun when people start quoting scriptures and acting righteous.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

There's probably hundreds of threads on the fire that you are knowledgeable and passionate about and yet you come here to this thread that you obviously don't care about and then voice your opinion against this thread...SMH

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Excellent response. It seems as though Satan's tools get into some threads. Some here will consistently try to deny the existence of free will for humans. They must need someone else to take responsibility/blame for their behavior.

That's the way, pretend to miss the point. That way you don't have to deal with any inconvenient issues.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's also rather bizarre that God knowingly made some people so that when those same people, to the very best of their abilities and with total honesty, come to an incorrect conclusion about God's existence, he punishes them by sending them to eternal hell.

God knowingly made you, then gave you free will. God does not control you or what you do, unless, you give yourself over and LET HIM LEAD you through life. You'd still be a sinner, simply because you're an undeserving human being with free will just like the rest of us, but at least you'd know the path to salvation and His Grace.

This is obviously too simple to understand for some people......
The question whether humans have free will or not is a centuries old debate and is not resolved by you simply saying God gave us free will.

I didn't say it friend, God Himself said it.

There is no debate to be had.

"Thou mayest choose for thyself, for it is given unto thee” (Moses 3:17).

God has told us that we are free to choose between good and evil, the very core of a human being's free will. I will repeat, read a Bible, the answers are there.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Just some rambling thoughts from the back of the room......

This is no more or no less complicated than the basic struggle between good and evil. God is good, Satan is evil, end of story. And the influences of either are easily seen by anyone with even half a lick of sense. Why anyone would live their lives with an adamant rejection of good is just beyond me.

We spend our lives mistreating ourselves, each other, this planet and all that's in it, and we mistreat our Creator. Not one of us deserves God's grace, yet, with a simple sincere plea for forgiveness, He gives it.

It's a little late to continue to be torn up about the first coming of Christ. Mankind has been given many second chances, and have royally screwed it up each and every time.

The real concern should be the second coming of Christ, because as promised, when that happens, God will take His believers home in one fell swoop, the non-believers will be left to Satan, and this world will cease to exist. Like it or not, since Jesus died on that cross, we are currently living through our one last chance.

Yet it believed that God created satan. Being omniscient and omnipotent, God would know that He was creating evil. And that is what is written in the bible, that God creates evil.

Wow, that's a stretch with context.

God created Lucifer. Lucifer, aka Satan is traditionally understood as an angel who rebelled against God and was cast out of Heaven with other “fallen” angels before the creation of humankind.

"God created Satan as Lucifer, the highest ranking angel of all. Lucifer, however, wasn’t content to worship and serve his Creator. Full of pride, he rebelled, leading a third of the angels. Unable to match the Almighty God, Lucifer was cast to the earth where he has operated as the devil ever since. The biblical passages of Job, Isaiah 14:12-15, Matthew 4:3-10, and Revelation 12:7-12 provide a glimpse of Satan’s history and character."

Read your Bible.......

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by antlers
Christianity is actually founded upon the fact that the worst possible thing happened to the best possible person.

Kind of takes the wind out of peoples sails to live a good life.

And if you end up in heaven you'll be able to catch up with Jeffrey Dahmer - I'll bet he's got a story or two to keep one amused in the eternal afterlife.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Why don't some of you strong defenders of God's disgusting behavior or lack of intervention when appropriate, be strong enough to call him out and tell him he needs to lift his game? He needs to change.
This is an interesting question. For exploration, please post the documented list of disgusting behaviors by God, and the instances where God was required to intervene and did not. Thank you.

Read the bible.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

At least half of lesbians are hot though.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

That's the way, pretend to miss the point. That way you don't have to deal with any inconvenient issues.
The actual point is that dealing with the outcomes of human free will is often mightily inconvenient.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I guess I have always wondered why folks are interested in what I believed. Me, them. Rocket science apparently.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
I guess I have always wondered why folks are interested in what I believed. Me, them. Rocket science apparently.

Go to bed, Ed.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's also rather bizarre that God knowingly made some people so that when those same people, to the very best of their abilities and with total honesty, come to an incorrect conclusion about God's existence, he punishes them by sending them to eternal hell. These are people who are not exercising any choice in believing or not believing, they have carefully thought about the question, have examined the evidence, acted with total honesty, and their brain generates the answer. The answer that their brain generates is that they don't think there is a god. Yet God punishes those people in the most severe manner possible. To me, that is a punishment completely out of proportion to the "crime"... if there is a crime at all. This is poor behavior by God.
Actually now, who are these "some people" and how do you truly know the sincerity and fullness of their efforts? How have you determined that with accuracy? Or, are you merely stating a hypothetical as if it were real - and then trying to criticize God on such a flimsy basis? Or, are those cited "people" actually you? Is there any substance at all in your post?
I'm not even going to reply to your post with your attitude. You denying that priests have molested innocent children and that God failed to intervene is evidence that a person can not discuss anything contrary to your view. There is no point in discussing anything with you.
What a joke! Check all of the posts - I denied nothing, so your entire "reason" is void. Either you are delusional or you are a liar - take your pick. I simply asked you to document your negative claims about disgusting behavior and negligence by God. You responded with zilch.

My attitude is that I ask questions regarding your statements - questions that you will not, or can not, answer. You make nasty claims about God being disgusting, refuse to document your reasons, and then use a false excuse about "attitude" to cut and run when a mere human holds you accountable. That is your disgusting behavior. What do you imagine that God thinks of that?
What don't you understand when you ask for an example of God being negligent, and I respond with an example being his failure to intervene when priests are molesting innocent children when they are sent to church to worship and learn about God? I've stated this several times and responded several times and you keep saying I've given no examples? Then you are insulting! I said in a polite way that I don't wish to reply to your posts on the basis that you seem to be on a completely different wavelength, and are not understanding the replies I make, but you keep wanting to draw me into an argument about things I've responded to you about, saying I haven't responded. You are a complete idiot.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/13/24.
Page 22 of 64 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (06hunter59, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 21, 160user, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 1,988 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,270
Posts18,525,479
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.