Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
…is the French bulldog, at least among some demographics. A relative has one….

Can’t mate without being held up in place, can’t give birth except by c-section. Priced accordingly.

Nice enough, gentle enough for kids, housebroke, tries hard to be a dog despite physical limitations. Can’t take heat, gurgles and hums a lot, not good at long walks. Does bark at strangers at least, retrieves thrown dog toys.

Doesn’t seem fair to the dog to breed ‘em to look like that.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Dummycraps- - - - -they're all sons of beeyotches! And- - - - -the family resemblance is obvious!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
You forgot the exhorbitant vet bills due to hydrocephaly, respiratory and skin conditions.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Would those demographics be middle class white women?

I only ask because they fugg up everything they get ahold of.

Exceptions of course....but nearly every time you see something really terrible....a middle class white woman was behind it.

I am MAGA.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
My girlfriend got a French-ten/ton a few months ago. She paid a lot (I think) for that gassy bastard 😆.

Heck a guy can go snag a rez dog for cheap these days. It would be a cold day in h3ll before I paid over a grand for a dog. Unless it was a great working breed dog .

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Would those demographics be middle class white women?

I only ask because they fugg up everything they get ahold of.

Exceptions of course....but nearly every time you see something really terrible....a middle class white woman was behind it.

You have no idea. My University Neighborhood is full of them. They are good for property values though.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My vet makes a living off them type dog

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are cute little dogs, but that's been about my only observation with them. They do have a lot of health-related issues.

I'd much rather have their slightly larger cousin, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I've been around one a fair bit, as a local family had a 30-35lb female for 13-14 years. She was great with kids and super intelligent, went to work with them and hung out in their little retail store in town. I think they paid over $1k for her as a pup back in the mid 2000's but she was a great dog.

Typical example:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now with even more aplomb
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I always get a kick out of it when people say.....but she is great with kid!.....

Why not have a dog that you don't have to tell people that bit of info every time?

Just curious.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was put in the hospital by a Cocker Spaniel at 4 years old, so "great with kids" is my #1 requirement.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can't really concern myself too much with dogs other folks choose to spend their time with as long as they keep them in their yard and not chewing on anyone...

Coach potato, lazy ass dog probably fits the lifestyle of the majority of folks much better than the GSP that goes bat shit crazy because its crated 10 hours a day, let outside twice, and walked around the block every other Wednesday.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JPro
I was put in the hospital by a Cocker Spaniel at 4 years old, so "great with kids" is my #1 requirement.

Upland dogs in my experience seem to be a crap shoot.

Anything with a high prey drive is suspect.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Little yap-dogs are a crap shoot too, I think. One of my daughters was bitten in the face by a babystitter's Yorkie and we were lucky her eyebrow took the worst of it, as it was very close to her eyeball. I was also bitten in the face as a middle schooler by a black/white Border Collie, which I thought were supposed to be relatively friendly dogs. I've gotten to where I don't truly trust any dog just on looks/breed alone. I've seen some mean-ass Labradors too, which isn't common but does happen.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Upland dogs in my experience seem to be a crap shoot.

Anything with a high prey drive is suspect.

The Disney movie Lady and the Tramp ruined the Cocker Spaniel breed. Any breed that becomes popular from a movie ends up getting ruined.

Had a friend with a Cocker. When she got pregnant I told her to get rid of the dog. She refused, said the dog would never hurt anyone. Dog went after the baby when she was 8 months old, just out of the blue (which happened to be the dog's name). It was gone that day. I didn't say I told you so.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The Madonna demographic.

Didn’t some of hers get stolen?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't think I've ever seen one around here. Lotta hounds, labs, shepherds and pits.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Lickly mixed breed.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Little yap-dogs are a crap shoot too, I think. One of my daughters was bitten in the face by a babystitter's Yorkie and we were lucky her eyebrow took the worst of it, as it was very close to her eyeball. I was also bitten in the face as a middle schooler by a black/white Border Collie, which I thought were supposed to be relatively friendly dogs. I've gotten to where I don't truly trust any dog just on looks/breed alone. I've seen some mean-ass Labradors too, which isn't common but does happen.

Only dog I was ever bitten by was a Yorkshire.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Can't really concern myself too much with dogs other folks choose to spend their time with as long as they keep them in their yard and not chewing on anyone...

Coach potato, lazy ass dog probably fits the lifestyle of the majority of folks much better than the GSP that goes bat shit crazy because its crated 10 hours a day, let outside twice, and walked around the block every other Wednesday.
Getting a dog, any dog and forcing it to live in a crate for half it's life is just plain wrong. If that's your situation, don't get a dog in the first place.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I ain't buying that. My neighbor has 3 of them but she is strange as chit Karen anyway. Not a hunting dog, butt ugly sob's, totally worthless pos. You asked.mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, 1973cb450, 16 invisible), 1,647 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,053
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.