Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by brinky72
Get a Honda. Civic. After 25 years of being a LEO there’s no way in hell I’d get a motorcycle. Especially for a daily commute. It’s frightening enough being on the road with all the retards in a pursuit rated Chevrolet Tahoe let alone on two wheels with no protection. You can be the best rider on the planet and that doesn’t matter when some purple haired twenty some year old them with enough tackle in her face to make Bass Pro shop envy, wipes your ass out looking at Tik Tok.
That's timely.

I just sold my Suzuki 250 last summer and bought a Honda Civic. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by brinky72
Get a Honda. Civic. After 25 years of being a LEO there’s no way in hell I’d get a motorcycle. Especially for a daily commute. It’s frightening enough being on the road with all the retards in a pursuit rated Chevrolet Tahoe let alone on two wheels with no protection. You can be the best rider on the planet and that doesn’t matter when some purple haired twenty some year old them with enough tackle in her face to make Bass Pro shop envy, wipes your ass out looking at Tik Tok.

Or some 80 year old blue hair.!

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Harley Davidson is a Chinese bike now. Just saying.
Whoa. Wasn't aware. When did this happen?
They aren’t made in China. There are plants on Brazil and India that I know of. But bikes sold in the us are primarily built in Pennsylvania.

Powertrain: Menomonee Falls WI

Fairings, Bags, Tourpak: Tomahawk WI

Vehicle Assembly: York PA

Some markets like Brazil require major component assemblies be assembled into complete bike to avoid import tariff.

India was the Street 750 models, gone now. Thailand is in the loop for the tariff thing.

I believe H-D makes a 350cc and 500cc bike in China, mostly for Asian markets.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by buntingmiester
Motorcycle advise from 77yr. old rider,since 1968,and still riding.
Get yourself a 125cc enduro, and learn to ride it well.
Experience you gain from a smaller bike will serve you well, and won't intimidate.
Bonus is , if you wish to continue riding, you will have a great second ride, for the trails
short commutes, etc.
Best of luck, buntingmiester
Top-notch advice, right there..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by pappabear
I've rode for over 57 years and NEVER EVER had a reason to pull my gun and use it
Oh oh, now ya done it.... Hexed yerself! Your 58th year might be the time you run out of your good luck.. I pray not..

Also depends on where in the country a rider finds themselves..

After 56 years on two wheels, I've only carried the last fifteen or so, due to the rising crime (along with road rage) that's seeping into our area from the Twin Chitties. I gotta have something more than just a knoife with me when I ride.. Still working on designing a mount on the Harley for the Ma Deuce.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Make sure you know where the best orthopedic surgeons are because sooner or later you will be on first name basis with one.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Welp, I've always said living ain't for the faint of heart. Some people are guided by fear. Others aren't. If you want a bike, get it. Learn to ride safely. Be careful. You'll be like the vast majority of us you ride for a lifetime without any ill effect.
Or, let fear be your guide. Your choice.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I just had open heart surgery, was on another thread about it, home now and recovering. I just ordered a Bull riding vest, to work cattle because of being kicked in chest, and to get on my Harley and go this summer, I told my Surgeon I’m not going to back off my life style or having fun, I don’t understand giving stuff up in life stuff you enjoy because of safety . Getting old doesn’t mean squat, go for it ! Also thank you men from the bottom of my heart for your prayers!!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Welp, I've always said living ain't for the faint of heart. Some people are guided by fear. Others aren't. If you want a bike, get it. Learn to ride safely. Be careful. You'll be like the vast majority of us you ride for a lifetime without any ill effect.
Or, let fear be your guide. Your choice.

I rode for well over 40 years. I rode safely and was careful and fear was never my guide. Then one day an old lady ran a red light and hit me from behind permanently screwing up my right shoulder.
In this day and age with distracted drivers and their cell phones riding a bike is playing Russian roulette.
Yes, I miss it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 3,518 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,486
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.