I
IA_fog Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Ok guys im getting a 308 bolt either a Tikka compact or a Remington model 7
Both are great guns and i know i cant go wrong with either
Give me some pros or cons to help finish decision. If i had enough money id buy both
Tikka pro - detachable mag
REM 7- holds value , but tikka stay consistent
Thanks

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Just get a Tikka. Better design, less to worry about: positive extraction, and you know it’s going to shoot well. Less hassle working up a load, or finding something that’s going to shoot well in it. Also no jumping through hoops to get it to shoot well. IE: glass bedding, freefloating, trigger work, etc, etc.

What’s funny is you know Tikkas hold their value well, because if I’m not mistaken, you were the guy complaining/asking why even the older Tikkas cost so much. Or, why are guys asking so much for their old Tikkas, or something to that effect. So there’s that.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Unless you get lucky that 308 Tikka will be easier to find and less expensive to buy. The Tikka is ready to go. But if I found a m7 Magnum in 300 saum I'd jump fast because with that you can load down to 308 or at full value magnum. Which is exactly what I do with my m7 7saum. KISS says t3x ss 308 and go to gettnr done. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I like the Model 7 but I’d be picking up a Tikka Compact.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Tikka for me, best rifle for the buck

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'd buy the Tikka as well. I don't own one currently, but I've never seen one not hold at least MOA consistently. I really like the CTR, and have been eyeballing them on a regular basis.

I talked a more than one person looking for a LH rifle into Tikka. Not one has ever regretted the choice. Last one bought a LH Tikka SL in .308 for his daughter to start hunting with. For the last three years she's been stacking up mule deer and elk with that rifle using 125 grain AB. Her dad has been buying Tikka rifles for his own use ever since.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Model 7.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Tikka is the easy button

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
IA_fog I sent ya a pm with a place I deal with buying tikkas, prices are hard to beat

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Tikka. Those darn rifles just shoot good!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have both. I don’t like the detachable magazine. I really like the model seven. Yo me the Tikka is a “truck” gun - don’t care if it gets dented or dirty.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Tikka DBM is a Goat Fhuqk. Pop a Sporter in a CTR stock,so you can drive CTR mags and you are in a good place. Go AICS DBM in the Sporter stock and you are likewise fine. The T3 bottom "metal" and mags are absolutely fhuqking schitty. Hint.

Sevens are tough to swoon,because they typically wear schit/heavy stocks and are tougher to eek longer COAL than a 700. It's foolish to deviate from a 700,due logistics. Hint.

Both are going to be Linda Lovelace throated Sluts and the Tikka is an easier solve there. There's nothing redeeming in Teeker milk jug handles,but they are less schitty than a typical Seven's. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The Tikka DBM is a Goat Fhuqk. Pop a Sporter in a CTR stock,so you can drive CTR mags and you are in a good place. Go AICS DBM in the Sporter stock and you are likewise fine. The T3 bottom "metal" and mags are absolutely fhuqking schitty. Hint.

Sevens are tough to swoon,because they typically wear schit/heavy stocks and are tougher to eek longer COAL than a 700. It's foolish to deviate from a 700,due logistics. Hint.

Both are going to be Linda Lovelace throated Sluts and the Tikka is an easier solve there. There's nothing redeeming in Teeker milk jug handles,but they are less schitty than a typical Seven's. Hint..............

Careful, that was almost a Tikka endorsement. Haha

Out of curiosity, have you messed around with mountain tactical mags in any Tikkas?

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
My only reserve for the Tikkas is the now Al too common detachable magazine. Just a personal preference, but I’ve seen magazines lost or forgotten on a few occasions. I really don’t understand the DM craze for a hunting rifle. Rapid reloads for a hunting rifle seems like a step in the wrong direction.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mountain Tac' makes some good stuff,but their mags are fhuqking junk. KEY is to abandon the entire Goat Fhuqk T3 "system" and go either CTR(they are real steel and have the COAL) or defer AICS commonality. I drive both. Hint.

8" Teeker 223 Sporter here,with Mountain Tac' rail,handle,knob and AICS DBM(which they foolishly no longer offer). Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Coupla Teeker Sporters,sipping from CTR stocks/bottoms. 223 8" Sporter above,22-250 8" Sporter punched Speedmire below. CTR feed/function is greasy good and they grant 2.600" COAL in 223 and are crowding 3" in 308/Kreed. Hint.

You know Seven's are Dog Schit,when a Teeker looks "good" in comparison. Though you can roll Kiff dice,cross fingers with new McMillan and there are possibilities. Hint.(grin)

If I'm going to stand flat footed and take a COAL hit,it's going to be in something GOOD and pass the Montucky there and hold ALL The Fluff. If I'm going to leave ADL/BDL behind and go DBM,it's gotta be good and the T3's are Goat Fhuqks. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Tikka! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Perhaps a better extrapolation,although OEM CTR's and again in 8" 223,as compared to the above 8" 223 Sporter sipping from AICS in it's issued T3 Sporter handle(easy inlet swap). Hint.

Just sayin'..............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Custom Remington Seven. All rifles are just starter kits anyway. Tikka's suck aesthetically and ergonomically.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Model 7👍

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pass the Montana and hold The Fluff,while you pardon my simply shooting it all...and then some. Hint.

Not that Brokedicks guessing,isn't funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Just sayin'............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,452 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.