Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I’m sometimes hesitant to post about religious topic.
Haters always try to drag them into mud slinging and whizzing matches.😒
If you don’t believe, that’s fine. But please leave us to our discussions , because we all need help from others occasionally.
But as I posted on the thread about Mike Pence, my hatred for some of these people, him, Fauci, several others like Piglousy, HilLIARy. You obviously get my drift.
If I had these people in my power, they would beg me to kill them, because I really believe I could make an Indian wretch. My disgust and downright hatred for them does cause confliction in my faith.
The Book tells me I should pray for them, but I’m not that strong.
I know I need to forgive in order to be forgiven myself.
Christ has warned us several times about things like this.
Do you feel things like this? How do you deal with it?
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yes, dealing with it is easy for me as I truly wish I had the opportunity…

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hate is an emotion I don’t have. Figuratively speaking, the simple solution is to knock them silly. How one does that is a personal choice. Keep in mind that bruising their ego does not result in criminal prosecution. Neither does self defense.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"I believe, help my unbelief"

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Spend none of your valuable time paying them any mind. Our time here is best spent taking care of ourselves, our family and our friends. Live a life that is an example to others. Don't get bogged down in what is going on around us, as the bigger prize is not what we see here on earth. It is all simply noise and static designed to keep us from what is really important in this life. And, to shake our faith while distracting us from what we have been instructed to do with our lives.
'

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know it is not very Christian of me, but I am weak and I hate. They are evil and if I had the powers to smite...

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Dale Evans, from her book. "Let Us Love."[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Unfortunately, anger is one of our strongest emotions, more so than even our love for most people. True agape love is often pretty hard to come by.
Holding to our faith isn’t easy, it’s a constant struggle for most of us is my guess.
And I also recall Christ obvious anger for many Pharisees and his righteous fury in cleansing the temple of money chargers.
He Himself, even as deity, obviously struggled with emotions such as anger and fear.
Sorta comforting in a way, although it really doesn’t help much in our own daily lives.
Probably never gonna e easy for most of us, but I remind myself constantly that what we’re fighting against is evil itself. I often read Job 38 , just to remind myself how weak and frail we truly are.
Thanks for the replies.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
7mm--, very understandable - and my humble view is that many Christians, in their own ways, deal with such internal conflicts/dilemmas regularly. We are not unique or alone in that regard. To continually try is a most worthy struggle, and to follow the narrow but winning path is very rewarding - but the nature of mankind can be a constant inclination toward failure. Although some of us truly do not intend to meddle in the business of others, detract from their existence or injure them - we react to their behavior through the weakness of a human and sometimes just want to smack them down, or worse.

I think that hating is destructive to the hater, and one need not hate at all in order to address the unwanted behavior of others. It is now time to despise the idiots/charlatans who think they can see inside others to determine who hates what, who speaks hate, and who therefore think they have any right to try to indict or punish others on that basis.

Thanks for the question.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I’m sometimes hesitant to post about religious topic.
Haters always try to drag them into mud slinging and whizzing matches.😒
If you don’t believe, that’s fine. But please leave us to our discussions , because we all need help from others occasionally.
But as I posted on the thread about Mike Pence, my hatred for some of these people, him, Fauci, several others like Piglousy, HilLIARy. You obviously get my drift.
If I had these people in my power, they would beg me to kill them, because I really believe I could make an Indian wretch. My disgust and downright hatred for them does cause confliction in my faith.
The Book tells me I should pray for them, but I’m not that strong.
I know I need to forgive in order to be forgiven myself.
Christ has warned us several times about things like this.
Do you feel things like this? How do you deal with it?
Reon
Stop listening to mainstream news. You have developed a hatred for people whom you have never met. We are being divided so we can't come together. We are all here to love, not to hate.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hate is baggage. Life’s too short to be pissed off all the time. It’s just not worth it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
What is that about taking poison, and thinking the other person is going to die?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can’t see being wrapped up in hatred. Feeling that way hurts you and detracts from your own enjoyment of life and nothing else. I hate their actions but I don’t allow myself to get overly emotionally involved in things that I cannot change.

As far as praying for your enemies. I take that as prayers that that they will change (however unlikely we may believe that to be) or that God will do what he sees fit with them. It’s not a prayer wishing them good health and prosperity only a prayer that they will change from the wicked plans that they have or that God will deal with them accordingly.

We all have free will on earth and so “the rain falls on the just and the unjust.” If it didn’t we wouldn’t really have free will. Unfortunately sometimes that means a child gets cancer or a tyrant gains wealth and power on earth and does evil things. Ultimately God judges.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
who are you concentrated on, the Evil ones or the Savior? who do you believe is in control of the outcome of this great controversy between God and Satan?
remember hate is of the devil. focus on Christ and his love and you will not be able to hate.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Some good advice has been given.

But the real issue is:do we believe God and trust His counsel, purposes and promises? He chose to permit evil for His own purposes, and controls it, and will finish it in His time. There is no salvation for the Devil (who brought sin (evil) into the world, nor the angels who rebelled with him, or those who follow him into the eternal lake of fire!

But there is the promise of salvation (deliverance) for those who put their hope and trust in the Saviour he has sent to Planet Earth. John's Gospel ch 3, vs 16.

In the meanwhile, like Job who believed through terrible suffering, we have ONE who was tested (tempted) like we are, in all points, yet did not sin, who represents us to The Father, and is praying for us, with the promise we shall, like Job, see Him: Job said (in chapter 19: vs 25-27) " I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God: I myself will see him with my own eyes - I and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"

My friend, as you've been counseled, fix your eyes on God and His Son who gives you the eternal life, Job spoke of, and NOT on a fearful, hating world! Jesus promised PEACE to those who put their faith and trust in HIM, not the works of the Devil! Jesus also said: "In the world you will have trouble, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world"!

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

Last edited by CZ550; 03/16/24.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
As some here have said, you shouldn't tear yourself apart hating. You just do what you must do. For example, you don't hate a cockroach, you simply kill it. Sometimes some get away, that's unfortunate, but you don't let the hatred of cockroaches that have got away, ruin your life.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Excellent post. I struggle with hatred in my heart also. Had a pastor to try to convince me to become a deacon although I didn’t meet the qualifications- been married before and I carried hatred in my heart for a certain Muslim President. I still can’t forgive either one for the things they have done. I don’t have the power to forgive and I recognize evil. I call my wife Polly; short for Pollyanna. She thinks everyone is good and trustworthy and I know different. It’s my primary job as husband and head of the household to discern evil and protect my family. I, like others, swore an oath to support the Constitution and defend it against all enemies foreign and domestic. We have far too many domestic enemies who are elected and supposedly PUBLIC SERVANTS! An oath is a promise ( a promise made is a debt unpaid). I am amazed at the lack of discernment and common sense. Christ had righteous anger when he cleaned out the money changers. He also publicly called out the Pharisees and Saddueces of his time and called them vipers. I am very skeptic after COVID. I love my country but do not trust my government. I cringe at the sacrifices of veterans and how it means nothing. The Bible is full of warriors who stood in the gap. Sometimes you can’t turn the other cheek. Enough is enough.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
David, fell short many times from the Grace of God. But, God used him as a tool to vanquish the enemies of God. I’m reasonably certain that David may have had disdain for the enemies of the Children of Israel! We can be forgiven of our transgressions! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/16/24.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by carrollco
Excellent post. I struggle with hatred in my heart also. Had a pastor to try to convince me to become a deacon although I didn’t meet the qualifications- been married before and I carried hatred in my heart for a certain Muslim President. I still can’t forgive either one for the things they have done. I don’t have the power to forgive and I recognize evil. I call my wife Polly; short for Pollyanna. She thinks everyone is good and trustworthy and I know different. It’s my primary job as husband and head of the household to discern evil and protect my family. I, like others, swore an oath to support the Constitution and defend it against all enemies foreign and domestic. We have far too many domestic enemies who are elected and supposedly PUBLIC SERVANTS! An oath is a promise ( a promise made is a debt unpaid). I am amazed at the lack of discernment and common sense. Christ had righteous anger when he cleaned out the money changers. He also publicly called out the Pharisees and Saddueces of his time and called them vipers. I am very skeptic after COVID. I love my country but do not trust my government. I cringe at the sacrifices of veterans and how it means nothing. The Bible is full of warriors who stood in the gap. Sometimes you can’t turn the other cheek. Enough is enough.
You do what you can, but you also have a duty to your family. A cockroach isn't worth sacrificing your life or the wellbeing of your family over.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
God commands us to love one another not like each other. Pray for them as commanded and let God heap the coals, he is faithful to his word.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lessdog, 257Bob, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,188 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,661
Posts18,493,598
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.