Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
1minute Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Been doing several runs that way lately as Cookie is getting new running gear (hip/knee stuff) in Boise. The question: What's the purpose of the steam belching plant just south of I-84 at the New Plymouth /Emmett exit? From memory, I think it's exit #9. Not a sign anywhere with an explanation but a sizable complex.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/16/24.

1Minute
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Langley Gulch Power Plant?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's TASCO - The Amalgamated Sugar Company. Been there since christ was a corporal.
RB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who is doing her hip/knee?
I just had a knee replaced on Wednesday.
I haveing a rough go

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RupertBear
That's TASCO - The Amalgamated Sugar Company. Been there since christ was a corporal.
RB
That's closer to exit 35. This is a power plant.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My error.
RB

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Last year I took all the back roads south of the freeway, just for the hell of it, between Ontario and Nampa...My conclusion is that area is a northern province of Mexico. Or Bakersfield.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A natural gas powered electric plant.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Flintlocke, much of the Southwestern US looks like what you saw. Why wouldn't it? We have millions of illegals flooding in. The changes are just beginning and will be catastrophic to our culture and economy.

1minute Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
338Reddog:

Who is doing her hip/knee?

A Dr. Vaux through Saint Alphonsus in downtown Boise. She had a hip done about a month back, and it's fine now. The knee on the same leg, however, needs to be reworked as the pain is considerable and hindering activity. She blew out both ACL's years back, so I hope those prior fixes don't complicate things. Pre-surgery warnings are that recovery will be a bit more complex than the hip session. Hope it goes well, as I'm not the best caregiver. Seems she gets tired of my repetitive meat and potatoes diet.

We're coming your way for these sessions as the Idaho folks have a better reputation than similar practices west of us in Bend, Or. Also, seems the Idaho folks are considerably more satisfied with one's insurance payments.

1Minute
IC B3

1minute Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
RupertBear:

I'm familiar with the sugar plant that's been there for decades. The facility I'm curious about is only 9 miles in from the Or/Id border on the freeway and is a standalone entity on a hill only about 3 or 400 yds south-south-west of the Interstate. Nothing else in close proximity other than signs for Emmett and New Plymouth and some ag lands north of the freeway. Next time through (this coming Monday) I'll pull in and see what goes on there.

Pulled the facility up on Google Earth, but there are no identifying hints. Location is lat. 43.9044 long. -116.8200 Don't see any large powerlines in the vicinity either.

1Minute
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by super T
Flintlocke, much of the Southwestern US looks like what you saw. Why wouldn't it? We have millions of illegals flooding in. The changes are just beginning and will be catastrophic to our culture and economy.

I like cheap food as well or better than the next guy...but it seems to me these big ag corporations encourage the wets with job promises, in some cases housing, ignore E-verify, hire them for cheap wages...just enough to keep them from job searching. Their families are encouraged to sign up for every benefit, pre natal care to death benefits, translators, legal aid, free daycare if the women are working too, an astounding number of food and nutrition programs, automatic signup for free breakfast and school lunches..it's endless. I have seen with my own eyes an entire small office building in Dorris CA (ag community) where 8 or 9 offices are there to provide benefits. The big ag outfits pay schidt wages, little or no benefits...the costs for maintaining a family are all passed on to the US taxpayer.
I wonder if in the long run it wouldn't be cheaper to pay the wets a realistic family wage, and the taxpayers pay real market value for food with the higher wages built in. And another thing, don't think the wets haven't figured out the workers compensation insurance scams, a non resident alien just a mile south of me went out with a bad back 10 years ago, 80% disabled supposedly...well he makes his spare money over and above disability by cutting and selling firewood.
You nailed it, "will be catastrophic to our culture and economy".

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I remember when there were white people in Dorris.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
1minute,

It's a natural gas fired electrical power plant.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Craigster
I remember when there were white people in Dorris.

Ai yi yi, viejo, no mas.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked in that area in 1997-98. When I was there last in 2018 or so I didn't even recognize it.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know about now, but those folk from Marsing, Notus, Parma, etc. used to be green card folk that contributed greatly to Idaho's economy.
RB

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 1minute
Been doing several runs that way lately as Cookie is getting new running gear (hip/knee stuff) in Boise. The question: What's the purpose of the steam belching plant just south of I-84 at the New Plymouth /Emmett exit? From memory, I think it's exit #9. Not a sign anywhere with an explanation but a sizable complex.
It is a 300 megawatt gas fired power plant.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by RupertBear
RB
No, that is in Nampa. Exit 35 if I am not mistaken.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 1minute
RupertBear:

I'm familiar with the sugar plant that's been there for decades. The facility I'm curious about is only 9 miles in from the Or/Id border on the freeway and is a standalone entity on a hill only about 3 or 400 yds south-south-west of the Interstate. Nothing else in close proximity other than signs for Emmett and New Plymouth and some ag lands north of the freeway. Next time through (this coming Monday) I'll pull in and see what goes on there.

Pulled the facility up on Google Earth, but there are no identifying hints. Location is lat. 43.9044 long. -116.8200 Don't see any large powerlines in the vicinity either.
Look to the West as you travel between exit 9 toward 13 and on toward Sand Hollow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (1OntarioJim, 41rem, 16penny, 35, afisher, Anaconda, 12 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,104
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.