Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Almost bought a well used 16 gauge Model 12 today. But wife was with me….

Pussy

My 1st wife was gonna leave me if I bought a new Python I'd just found. I bought it anyway.

But I bought a new frost free fridge too. laugh Something she didn't have to defrost every Saturday.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Almost bought a well used 16 gauge Model 12 today. But wife was with me….

Pussy

My 1st wife was gonna leave me if I bought a new Python I'd just found. I bought it anyway.

But I bought a new frost free fridge too. laugh Something she didn't have to defrost every Saturday.

Mostly sarcasm. She’s mostly given up on my purchases, and she only knows of about 1/4 of them…

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
They make it hard to spend money these days. Most stuff is overpriced trash.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Clothing store.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Cabelas in Gainesville is a hit and miss in the used guns
Sometimes you find guns unbelievably cheap sometimes not much of anything
They have a pretty good selection of new guns and a good bit of aftermarket stuff
Powder and bullet selection is decent
Trail cams , archery, hunting glass , all seems to be plentiful
Hunting clothes , depends on what your looking for
Kenneth

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I have had $150.00 in gift cards for over a year. Been in a store twice and looked online multiple times and can't find anything I want in stock or at a decent price.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Higher prices are the result of buying up the competition

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bass Pro (same company really) is much the same. Clothes, sunglasses, tents and stuff. We all know that America is eat up with inflation, yet we still are shocked when it slaps us in the face.

Sam......

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Went to Cabelas a couple of months ago. Got two lbs of H110. They didn't have the bullets I needed, even though it said they were in stock there.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I work part time at Bass Pro. They stock what Corporate sends, Managers have zero say in what arrives on the truck.

What arrives is what sells: T-shirts, and candy. It's a huge corporation and makes billions a year, so I'm sure they're really concerned with what a guy with $50 gift card thinks.

Hard to keep people employed for some reason? I've been there a year and am leaving soon because I want to enjoy retirement, not live around a work schedule.

As far as prices: When everybody has to make $15 an hour, prices go UP because everyone has to make a "living wage" and everyone has a lot less buying power or disposable income. But that's OK because the clowns in DC are convinced all is sunshine and roses.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
They have an 8 horse merc outboard for 50 bucks cheaper than the marine down the road. I will pay the extra 50 buck to buy it at the boat dealer. About 5 yrs. ago I bought a 5 horse. It was 20 buck less at Cabelas but decided to buy from the boat dealer anyway. The 5 horse was $1,650 with tax, so 20 bucks doesnt count.. If I have a part or problem with an outboard I bought at the boar dealer, they know from records if I bought it there. I am not sure I will get treated better if I need a repair, but I sure wont be treated any worse so , it will likely pay off.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cabelas used to be a destination place that was worth driving out of the way for. Bass Pro’s purchase ruined them (both really even though I never liked BP as much)

I used to make going to Buda a thing on road trips. I have stayed in motels for weeks at a time since October in Gonzales, La. off and on. Cabelas is walking distance and Don’s is one of my preferred restaurants there (same parking area pretty much). I’ve been in there 4 times. Once to check it out on the first trip, once to burn gift cards on ammo, once to show the wife when she was there, and another to buy an inexpensive hard case to allow a shotgun in baggage.

I’m glad that they have stayed in business though I wonder how from the amount of cars in the parking lot.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hancock27
I work part time at Bass Pro. They stock what Corporate sends, Managers have zero say in what arrives on the truck.

What arrives is what sells: T-shirts, and candy. It's a huge corporation and makes billions a year, so I'm sure they're really concerned with what a guy with $50 gift card thinks.

Hard to keep people employed for some reason? I've been there a year and am leaving soon because I want to enjoy retirement, not live around a work schedule.

As far as prices: When everybody has to make $15 an hour, prices go UP because everyone has to make a "living wage" and everyone has a lot less buying power or disposable income. But that's OK because the clowns in DC are convinced all is sunshine and roses.
I worked part time at BP too. Hired on just before black Friday and worked Thanksgiving day. It was the worst job I ever had. I was coming off 31-1/2 years as a fireman, the last 12 years as a captain. They treat new employees like it's their first job ever and the training is crap. Just enough to cover their ass. At the end of orientation day we were taken into the office and shown our work schedules. I took a look and said I had a doctors appointment and I can't get out of it. Some fat lesbo beotch hears this, turns, around and says I should have requested the day off two weeks ago. I said, really? I'm here for orientation. She just put her head down and went back to what she was doing.
Another time I was asked to fill in for someone. I said sure, and initialed the schedule worksheet. When the official schedule came out I wasn't on it. I figured things changed and I wasn't needed. That weekend I went in to buy something and everybody was looking at me like I was Charlie Manson. I was told I was a no call, no show. A couple weeks later my manager wants to give me a write up for it. I had taken a picture of the posted schedule and showed it to her and told her I wasn't on it. She shows me another schedule and I call her on it as now there are 3 schedules. I told her in my last position I worked, one of my responsibilities was staffing for our battalion, 8 stations, 12 pieces of equipment, 38 bodies every day. When brush fire broke out I had to staff everything with wheels and some were special skills positions. Maybe 50 people, all on short notice. I told her I say this not because I was perfect at it. Sometimes wires got crossed and I had to scramble to get a body in place. Mistakes happen. Nobody called me to tell me there was a schedule change. She backed off, said she would give it another look and I never heard another word.
I could go on and on. I had my knee scoped and it wasn't going great. I sat at home over Black Friday weekend and thought, WTF am I doing working? I missed lots of holidays from a real job. I spent 2 Thanksgivings on brush fires FFS. I went in on Monday and quit and haven't worked since.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The one in Atlantic City is just a disorganized excuse for a hunting/fishing store. A few years ago I got a sales flyer from that store with a good deal on cases of shotgun ammo.

Made the 50 mile trip there and showed the sale paper to the firearms sales manager, only to be told "Oh no, we don't sell ammunition by the case.". And not in a nice way.

On the way out the door, I put my name in the box for a drawing they were having. Got a phone call a few days later that I had won. I won a Plano PillarLock two-gun case, a pair of Leupold binos and two boxes of rifle ammo. Kinda made it worth the trip.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They made the stores so big they have to fill it with clothing or it would feel empty.

I go look, and 90% of the time I order online. It is a good destination type store to kill an hour or two if nearby.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I only look at fishing stuff. Last time I was there the shelves were full but everything was arranged so oddly that I never found the few things I went for. They have a Spring Sale on now. What I'd save on lures would be eaten up by the gas to get there.

I too have turned to online shopping mostly. Tackle Warehouse has free shipping with minimum buy -- not too difficult to hit these days.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have a Scheels card, all their goods are high priced.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I work in one of 8 different cities and states every week.

Several Bass Pro, Cabelas, Sportsmans and Sheels to walk through.

I used to use these stores as a way to kill an evening but that's not even enjoyable anymore.

These stores kinda suck but the taxidermy and the way the grand hall entrance is set up in BP's is normal really cool

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The one by me took down the Cabelas sign about 6 months ago and is a Bass Pro. But they all are now anyway. Gun library still has some deals. Lots of pre owned out here.

Was in yesterday and they had a brand new looking pre owned BACO Supergrade in 243 for $1,000.00. Deep brown wood with tiger stripes. Has them take it out of the rack. Told them it’s real nice except for the hairline crack running through the bolt handle recess. Sales guys eyes got wide so I showed him. He took it in the back and left it there. Said the manager wouldn’t sell it with a defective stock. Asked if I could buy it a a discount and they said no.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Cabela's is never on the high priority list for me. Every once in a while I go and check to see what rifles are in the gun library, but that's about it. I don't buy ammo or reloading supplies there, they like azz raping people there.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (160user, 44mc, 35, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 11 invisible), 1,526 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,425
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.