Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing about transgender or perverts sex, actually pretty mundane.😀
Floor wax. What is the best and easiest to use and apply, and what last compared to others?
Now before I get flamed for asking a womanly question on a hunting forum, I guess I should explain.
I my pre Army days, I had one of the nicest cars around, fairly quick one too.😀
I kept that ‘72 Monte Carlo immaculate too. You could have eat offa the motor.😀
I kept an old milk crate full of cleaning stuff and wax. One trick I learned was Future Floor Wax on tires and floor mats kept them shiny wet looking without getting slippery like Son Ofa Gun left them.
I’d mix Future 1/2 & 1/2 with water, and apply with a small soft paint brush.once it was dry, it was nice looking and long lasting.
I put new biscuits on the truck last week. Raised White Letters out. Old school, that’s me.😀
I cleaned them with a brush and cleanser. Lacking Future, (they quit making it evidently) I give them a coat of McGuires Hot Shine outta a spray bottle.
The waxy stuff sorta clogs the nozzle, and it came out sorta streaky. They’re nice, but no where near the results I always got using floor wax.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Turdle Wax?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Depends on the floor

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Quick Shine seems to be about as close as anything I know of.

Baby oil is a pretty good product to shine up tires.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The rain washes our cars

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Very helpful as always

Idiot

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Fuqk you

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
More childish behavior from The Fire’s resident Democrat in Disguise

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by earlybrd
The rain washes our cars
I’ve had many vehicles like that. For a couple years I drove a ‘96 Wagoneer that was always muddy and dirty until it rained!😀 The first 25 years after I got outta the Army, I had a work car that I drove until it was too expensive to fix.
Dad had a dealership license, and if I needed a vehicle, I could usually pick one up for 5 or 6 hundred $ at an auction. No brand loyalty, just basic transportation. Usually I could get 4 or 5 years outta something, and for that amount of money, I was way ahead of making payments.
We had a “Sunday Go To Meeting” car for Carol and family outings , and one I drove to work and back. Don’t go anywhere with it that you can’t haul it home from.😀
This ‘10 Ranger has good paint, and actually looks pretty good if you show a little effort in cleaning it up. Unless they’re one step outta the junkyard, I do put some effort into keeping them at least clean.
I have some Turtle Wax spay on & wipe off. In the winter, it at least repels rain and beads up. If it’s warm, I use paste wax and elbow grease. Lest longer and looks better.
But on rubber and plastic, you can’t beat that Hot Shine stuff. On plastic mirrors and trim, I spray it on a shop towel and apply it directly. As I said, the waxy stuff does tend to clog the sprayer partially, and you get streaks and uneven spots.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Chikin schit parrot closet ghey dumfuk ur the democrat in disguise

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Turdle Wax?

"Ach! Is blinding! Is new American weapon!" "No, is Turtle Wax."

Last edited by 5sdad; 03/17/24.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Reon does the wax helps with dry rot in tires?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Very helpful as always

Idiot

The man asks for a tire shine product, and you answer "depends on the floor" ?
And you call someone else an idiot ?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by steve4102
Very helpful as always

Idiot

The man asks for a tire shine product, and you answer "depends on the floor" ?
And you call someone else an idiot ?
That dumfuk uses it on his bald head 😂

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Johnsons paste wax may be what you’re looking for. They quit making the liquid but I understand there are some commercial waxes available which are comparable.
Good luck!
Rick

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How's about the squirty pressurized can of furniture wax?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
7mmbuster;
Good afternoon or evening out east already, I hope the day behaved and you're well.

Nearly 4 years ago now, I managed the Detail department in a local GM dealership where we did all manner of detail work including ceramic coatings, headlight polishing and all the rest.

We dealt with a supplier called Ducan Automotive, which is a BC company, but I'm guessing there has to be a few US based companies that sell dealerships commercial auto products.

The tire shine stuff we got was flat out amazing. Way better than anything I'd used that I bought from an auto parts store.

My suggestion then sir, is to wander into the Detail shop in a couple local dealerships and ask what they use and how they like it?

We sold stuff to regular customers of the dealership fairly often, just didn't sell anything that was either tricky to apply or needed specialized safety gear.

Hope that helped, good luck with the project whichever way you decide.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Reon does the wax helps with dry rot in tires?
Dry rot is caused, I believe, mainly by UV rays of the sunlight. Keeping them protected will help.
But anything outside in direct sunlight, tires, vinyl tops, you name it, will suffer from it. Even them ratchet straps that we all use will weaken from those UV rays.
A shine seems to help. I’m sure you seen vehicles with plastic trim that is grey rather than black.
Another reason I think floor wax might be a cheaper alternative to stuff like that Hot Shine I use.
Reon

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
👍

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Delta 8 or the dispensary cannabis?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (1OntarioJim, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 3dtestify, 21 invisible), 1,190 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,161
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.