-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A fire member touching off a braked 300wm blew out my left eardrum.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Braked a 308 of mine a few yrs ago and had the bright idea to shoot it off a bipod prone πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
2 Live Crew ruined my hearing

As nasty as you wanna be!!

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've had it for 55 years. Thank you USMC. At least the VA kicks down a few bucks for it once a month.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Mine's not from shooting. Overexposure to antihistamines will do it. I swallowed so much of that damned purple Dimetapp when I was a kid, in vain attempts to breathe. I have never known silence. At least not that I can remember.

IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I i never wore hearing protection mower or running an open station tractor until about 10 yrs ago( I’m 57 started mowing at 8 ) really noticed it bad when I started wearing wide brimmed hats 15 yrs ago due to worrying about sun exposure and my face and ears. To me the noise hits the brim goes straight in my ears. Now have a slight ringing and can’t stand loud noises or noisy places . Getting my ears checked again next week. I know for a fact hearing loss can lead to dementia so watching and checking

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Like others, just bad habits in my youth. In my case, dozens and dozens of 80's rock concerts, getting right up to the stage, next to the speakers with no ear protection.

Looking back....dumb! Just dumb!

I'm ok during the day. Its at night, laying in bed in silence hearing the constant high pitch frequency. White noise like a ceiling fan helps drown out the annoyance.

If I don't think about it, I'm OK. Guess I shouldn't have opened this thread. lol

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mine is really bad in my left near deaf ear. About 10 years back woke up near deaf in my left ear with a little man with an air hose blowing in my ear. Gone down hill from there. I was diagnosed with acute hearing loss. Dr said some day I’ll wake up and my right ear will do the same.

Thanks, Billy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cicadas.....lots of em......all the time....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Too many loud things, and the hearing protection we received in the military sucked roids, oft times it was frowned upon to wear them. Years of construction work did not do me any favors either. Now it's......CICADAS 24/7!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
24/7 - it's the only constant in my life.

VA says "not service related" - I didn't have it prior, had it since - don't know their reasoning but it's enough to drive a guy mad.

Me

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hand guns and mortars without ear protection started the ringing about 60 years ago.

Not one minute without it since. Got kinda used to it by now.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Miracle I don’t have it!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am a lifer. Had it since my early youth. Constant buzzing in both ears along with degraded hearing in both ears makes it difficult to hear alot of things. I have had it so long that it is a normal thing to me. Only thing that helps is to have a radio or TV on all the time. Mine gets worse when it is dead quite, sometimes I get a high pitched whistle. I have tried diet changes and ear drops and medications all of those did not make a difference so I just live with it.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Y
Y
My wife is an audiologist. She treats tinnitus all the time. Hearing aids, by far, is the best treatment. New hearing aids use different sound frequencies to try to "neutralize", for lack of a better word, the tone of your specific tinnitus. Its a process, but once its calibrated correctly, it works very well.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Cicadas.....lots of em......all the time....

Same for me.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Howitzers ! No ear protection..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Has anyone ever gotten disability for hearing loss and tinnitus? I've suffered bad for 33 years.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
Like others, just bad habits in my youth. In my case, dozens and dozens of 80's rock concerts, getting right up to the stage, next to the speakers with no ear protection.

Looking back....dumb! Just dumb!

I'm ok during the day. Its at night, laying in bed in silence hearing the constant high pitch frequency. White noise like a ceiling fan helps drown out the annoyance.

If I don't think about it, I'm OK. Guess I shouldn't have opened this thread. lol

You’d be surprised at how many rock stars wear hearing aids. 😏

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Yank
My wife is an audiologist. She treats tinnitus all the time. Hearing aids, by far, is the best treatment. New hearing aids use different sound frequencies to try to "neutralize", for lack of a better word, the tone of your specific tinnitus. Its a process, but once its calibrated correctly, it works very well.

Hi Yank, is there a certain brand of hearing aids that you can recommend that will help?

Thanks ~

KB

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (Anaconda, AscensionIndustries, Amos63, arky65, 9 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 762 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,100
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.