-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
I'm thinking 12 year olds and BB guns would be cheaper. Take longer, but all around better solution.

https://apnews.com/article/mice-isl...ination-ec4f281f396ca49910c359df5b99b64d

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Marion Island...
Isn't that the old prison where they kept kumbiya?
No wonder there are mice. When he went on his hunger strike they were eating his lunch and got a leg up....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A man introduced invasive species.
Thousands of man introduced invasive species of plants and animals all over the world, every continent, probably almost every country.
Penny and her. First husband got some Japanese Honeysuckle in the 80. Given away by the game commission.
The damn stuff chokes out other species of plants and literally forms a small jungle about 7 feet high and thick as heck. I’ve seem it grows 30 feet up a pine tree.
I got rid of some through a lot of work, but in5 years it will be right back if nobody does anything.😒
My point is that it was put there on purpose for decoration. Deer won’t eat it, only goats.
They’re called invasive because they’ll infest the area with no natural predators to check growth.
Mice, I believe originated in Europe and spread over the earth when it was Pangea, the great single continent caused by tectonic activity.
But this island alone, it’s not an invasive species causing a problem, it’s “Globull Warming”. (Thought they had switched to man made climate change?😟)
I recall a story that I read 2 decades ago, but it stuck with me because it points out a modern truth.
A biologist wanted to do a study on the feeding habits of squirrels and such in an area. He applied for a government grant, several times and was as constantly rejected.
So he rewrote his proposal for a government grant to study the feeding habits of squirrels and such “due to global warming “!😀
Guess what,it was approved!
The science is settled. You cannot deny it. There is no debate. 97% of the scientists agree.
That statement stops short of truth but becomes gospel by adding 5 words.😟
97% of the scientists agree WITH WHOEVER IS FUNDING THEM!😀
And my own kid has repeatedly called me a “climate denier”!!!!😀😀😀
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Climate Change is such a pile of BS.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
But they get 25 million dollars for saying it. And the kickbacks that are inherently attached to government programs.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The global warming is BS but taking non-native species to new places has put a world of hurt on many places. Just here in the US we have cheat grass, starlings, nutria, feral horses, kudzu, collared doves...the list is long.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
If you don’t know how Oxygen is Produced you shouldn’t Breathe it ..

That would Clear the Air Considerably..

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
It’s all about control for the politicians. It’s all about money to the scientific establishment.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The global warming is BS but taking non-native species to new places has put a world of hurt on many places. Just here in the US we have cheat grass, starlings, nutria, feral horses, kudzu, collared doves...the list is long.

Rats and cats colonized the world by ship. The history of cats is interesting. The ones in port cities are relatives.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At the 1st moon landing, it was unknown whether there could be life there. NASA went to great lengths to make sure that everything was quarantined in case there was something there that could be brought back by accident.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Climate Change is such a pile of BS.

no its not....just the reasoning behind it.....bob

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The climate has been changing forever.
Do you want to live in the ice age?
The "man made" part is what I disagree with. Just mankind over-estimating our importance, I think.
What about Krakatoa, Mt St Helens, Hawaiian volcanos, the large one near Mexico City, etc.?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
You know they got more Totalitarian from the Virus than they’ve ever have gotten from Climate Change

That may be why John Kerry left the Climate Czar Totalitarian Position.

Ominous Sign ..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 62 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,258
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.