-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
3 correctional officers were at a Boise, ID hospital last night with an inmate when they took fire from the inmate's accomplices. 2 were shot by the bad guys. 1 was shot by a police office who mistook him for a bad guy. 1 is critical, 2 have non-life threatening injuries. All the bad guys escaped.

Three Idaho corrections officers were shot as a suspect staged a brazen attack to break a prison inmate out of a Boise hospital overnight. Two of the officers were shot by the suspect early Wednesday. The third was shot and wounded by a police officer when police mistook the correctional officer for the suspect. One officer was in critical but stable condition, and the other had serious but non-life-threatening injuries. The corrections officer shot by police sustained non-life-threatening injuries. The inmate and the accomplice escaped from the hospital and have not been taken into custody. Police are looking for a gray sedan with Idaho plates that the two used to flee.

Three correctional officers were shot — two by a suspect and one by responding police — during a brazen overnight attack to break a prison inmate out of an Idaho hospital, authorities said Wednesday.

Police throughout the region were looking for the suspected shooter as well as the escaped inmate, described by officials as white supremacist gang member Skylar Meade, who was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2017 for shooting at a sheriff's sergeant during a high-speed chase. Meade, 31, and the unidentified suspect fled in a gray four-door sedan, possibly a Honda Civic, with Idaho plates.

The attack occurred at 2:15 a.m. as Idaho Department of Correction officers prepared to bring Meade back to prison from Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise. Department Director Josh Tewalt said during a news conference Wednesday afternoon that Meade was taken to the hospital at 9:35 p.m. Tuesday after he engaged in "self-injurious behavior" and medical staff determined he needed emergency care.

One officer shot by the suspect was in critical but stable condition, police said, while the second wounded officer had serious but non-life-threatening injuries. The third injured corrections officer also sustained non-life-threatening injuries when a responding officer — incorrectly believing the shooter was still in the emergency room and seeing an armed person near the entrance — opened fire.

"This brazen, violent, and apparently coordinated attack on Idaho Department of Corrections personnel, to facilitate an escape of a dangerous inmate, was carried out right in front of the Emergency Department, where people come for medical help, often in the direst circumstances," Boise Police Chief Ron Winegar said in a written statement.
Hospital Shooting Inmate

Meade, 5-foot-6 and 150 pounds, has face tattoos with the numbers 1 and 11 — for A and K, the first and 11th letters of the alphabet, representing the Aryan Knights gang he affiliated with, Tewalt said. Photos released by police also showed an A and K tattooed on his abdomen.

Meade had been held in a type of solitary confinement called administrative segregation at Idaho Maximum Security Institution in Kuna, about 12 miles (19 kilometers) south of Boise, because officials deemed him a severe security risk, Tewalt said.

The attack follows a wave of gun violence at hospitals and medical centers, which have struggled to adapt to the threats.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Not good

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"The attack follows a wave of gun violence at hospitals and medical centers, which have struggled to adapt to the threats."

They just can't help themselves can they?

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope the Corrections officers will be ok. I know the officer who accidentally shot his fellow officer will have some issues to deal with. Mentally and from his team mates. One of our guys was shot by another team member on a drug raid. Nobody trusted him after that. We all wanted him to transfer out. The Lieutenant in his infinite wisdom stopped the transfer.
P. S. I love the guy. Consider him a good friend.

Ron

Last edited by Ohio7x57; 03/20/24.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2
"The attack follows a wave of gun violence at hospitals and medical centers, which have struggled to adapt to the threats."

They just can't help themselves can they?

Won't happen around here; all our hospitals and medical centers have "no concealable weapons allowed signs."

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
He was originally sentenced for shooting at a Police Officer and did this. I have a suggestion on what to do with him after they catch him again.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here’s wishing those officers well.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hospitals are Gun Free Zones, so...

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: Thanks for that info - I had not heard about this.
Maybe those two cretins will be in my neck'o the woods soon!
I will have a surprise for them if they run across me!
And I also hope all wounded civil servants will heal quickly and completely.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Cookie was just in there yesterday morning. New knee.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/20/24.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1minute
Cookie was just in there yesterday morning. New knee.
How did it go for her?
Im a week out and it is rough.
On the shooting
My daughter left for vacation today. Or
She may have been on the investigation side of the shooting.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
338reddog:

Only a couple days out, but I think this will be a longer haul than the hip. Much more swelling to deal with. The doc also said ligaments etc are a slower heal than simple bone work. She is though already thinking of doing the other side in July. Wants to be out and on the go by Oct/Nov. Another reason is to pile all the bills up into one year for tax purposes.

I just hope my frame holds together. A tough deal for the household if both occupants are crips at the same time.

Good luck on your end.

On the shooting: Sounds like the inmate got the word out somehow.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/21/24.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thanks hopefully she will mend and get the next done this year. I am hoping for the same.
Good luck to you both.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
….mistook him for a bad guy?

I’ve seen plenty of badge wearers that look like thugs these days. Beards, tattoos…

Clean shaven isn’t in style these days I guess. #dresscode.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,783
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.