Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Somebody wake me up. I'm having a nightmare.

You're telling me.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The Supreme Court of Washington state has ruled that passing the bar exam will no longer be necessary for law licensure since such a requirement "disproportionately and unnecessarily blocks historically marginalized groups from entering the practice of law."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/passi...on-state-because-of-race-equity-concerns

Translation: People who are too stupid to pass the bar.

Tarquin
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The Supreme Court of Washington state has ruled that passing the bar exam will no longer be necessary for law licensure since such a requirement "disproportionately and unnecessarily blocks historically marginalized groups from entering the practice of law."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/passi...on-state-because-of-race-equity-concerns
Reminds me of when I applied to be a cop at the local PD right after high school. They sent me a thick, 10x8" booklet, and clearly stated in the accompanying letter that the entire test would be based on what's contained in it. So I spent the summer literally memorizing every word till I could practically recite it cover to cover. As a result, my score all but topped out the test, and I was immediately told that I'd be in the first group to continue along the hiring process, and that I should get a gym bag, sneakers, shorts, etc.. in preparation.

A week later I got a notice stating that the hiring process had been halted by a judge based on a blacks rights organization lawsuit (very few if any of those with high enough scores were black). Next letter I got from the police department told me that, due to the test having been deemed racially discriminatory, a judge has given my test score to a low scoring black applicant, and I'd be taking his low score, meaning I would not be hired.

This was the early 1980s, so this crap isn't new. They've just now decided to get rid of the tests entirely, due to their tendency to discriminate against blacks.
Thats outrageous, passing to fail.
Studying isn’t hard. Spend time and think through. People who failed was a result of lack of focus. may now now there will be no text needed to join the force.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is so Fani has somewhere to go when she is disbarred.

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 03/21/24.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 12savage, 64 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,683
Posts18,475,018
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.