Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Looking for a bore guide for a Winchester 69A Rimfire. I bought a Possum H. # 92 but had to return it….too big. Have measured the bolt and it is .588. Reached out to Possum H but no luck finding one for a 69A. All I have found so far . Someone suggested making one but don’t have any tools to do that. Need some help.

GB1

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Contact Sinclair International or Brownells and ask them.

https://www.brownells.com/tools-cle...nclair-rimfire-guides-for-22-long-rifle/

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
You can try giving boretech a call (see attached link at bottom) and give them your gun specs if they don’t have one that fits your gun they do advertise that they will make you a custom bore guide. Let us know what you find out.

https://www.boretech.com/products/bore-guide-bolt-action-rimfire

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Not a lot of guys running a bore guide for their little 22s? A lot of times, I just run an otis through mine a few times and call it good. I'm wondering if other guys are doing this for their 22's as well? I know for my 17's, it's a lot easier to do this. Just wondering what you guys are doing? Maybe it will give the OP a better idea on how to go about this?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Winnie70
Looking for a bore guide for a Winchester 69A Rimfire. I bought a Possum H. # 92 but had to return it….too big. Have measured the bolt and it is .588. Reached out to Possum H but no luck finding one for a 69A. All I have found so far . Someone suggested making one but don’t have any tools to do that. Need some help.

Possum Hollow #208 fits Win 69A

Out of Canada

https://www.nordicmarksman.com/Possum-Hollow-Bore-Guide-22LR.html

Swifty
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Try Sinclair International. At one time they stocked guides for both the 82 and 84 models. However if they are no longer stocked they will custom build whatever you need. The custom built guides are not cheap and it takes time for delivery but they are of very high quality.

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Not a lot of guys running a bore guide for their little 22s? A lot of times, I just run an otis through mine a few times and call it good. I'm wondering if other guys are doing this for their 22's as well? I know for my 17's, it's a lot easier to do this. Just wondering what you guys are doing? Maybe it will give the OP a better idea on how to go about this?

I mostly use an Otis — it’s especially useful on a Ruger 10/22 because it is a real pain to use a rod on one of those.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by WoodsyAl
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I mostly use an Otis — it’s especially useful on a Ruger 10/22 because it is a real pain to use a rod on one of those.

I agree WoodsyAl. That's all my 10/22's get. Even though my custom 10/22 clone has a hole in the rear for a rod. I have a few thousand rounds on my Kidd barreled 10/22, and accuracy has not faltered or degraded in any way that I can tell.. I realize that is not many rounds on the barrel, but that's my method. To they eye, the bore still looks like new. I don't own a bore scope.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That's one of the most recent groups I shot with my 10/22.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

But, as I was thinking about the OP's issue (wanting to have a bore guide). My mind wondered about what would work:

1. One of those old plastic bic pen bodies.
2. Thick straw, sold on ebay. You can buy 10 of them for like $10.00.

Now, some guys can laugh about that, but sometimes you need to be able to think outside the box a little.. Most times, I'll make my own tool, if I can't buy one at the store. Or when I need it right now..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
BSA…last weekend my KIDD got flat hammered on. I rekkon it had every bit of 1000 rounds thru it.

Anyway I’ve pulled a few patches OTIS style thru it but it had been a while since I addressed the carbon ring buildup. I pulled one patch just to clean powder residue and sent the scope down and the barrel was clean as a whistle almost the entire way. Not a hint of lead. Then I got to the chamber! Hahaha man it was darker than my sense of humor…

I’ve got some work to do…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

As a side note my brother was beating fairly hard on his relatively newly acquired KIDD but with a lilja barrel.

We shot several groups with several different varieties of ammo. All groups were shot using the same box of the same ammo. I think we both agreed there was no appreciable difference between the two barrels in accuracy..

He’d edge my by a hair with X brand then I’d edge him with Y brand. But no real standouts. Both shot very well and again, not a single friggen hiccup with FTF or FTE.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,163
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.